Stray Fawn Community

The New Bears (1.1.6)

Robb Plat

Hi all,

What's up with these defender bears? Do you ever have them attack you, besides scaring away the Bearyenas?

Also the Protecting Bears don't seem to do a lot after you give them nesting material. Some don't even try to scare away Bearyenas, although I have see one do it properly.

What's your experience with the bears?

• Like 3

Defender bears seem to attack whatever creature hurts another. Though that being said I have had a defender bear attack one of my creatures with no ability to attack whatsoever.

I remember Philo mentioning that enemies have certain parameters attached to them, like hunger or fear, that can make them decide to attack creatures with the distaceful appearance or not. This might also have an effect on whether they are intimidated by peaceful bears? I'm not sure of course.

• Like 2

Defender bears attack Nichelings that have attacked other living things (that includes bunnils) the exception is when you are attacked first and then fight back.

The peaceful bear is supposed to scare away bearyena's it might not work if it is to far away from the bearyena or if the nesting material bribe has run out.

• Like 2

One thing hasn't been constant for me. If the offending nicheling is not around, they either forget by the next time you're in their range, while at others, they go for someone randomly many days later. So everytime I meet an older defender, there's no way of knowing what it's up to

• Like 3

Well the peaceful bear I have hanging around is bloody useless. Two clanmates got murdered and it just sat there and stared creepily (even though I gave it nesting material multiple times)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, glitchplight said:

Defender bears seem to attack whatever creature hurts another. Though that being said I have had a defender bear attack one of my creatures with no ability to attack whatsoever.

I remember Philo mentioning that enemies have certain parameters attached to them, like hunger or fear, that can make them decide to attack creatures with the distaceful appearance or not. This might also have an effect on whether they are intimidated by peaceful bears? I'm not sure of course.

I will keep an eye out for that! :o :) 

That being said, there are sometimes a bunch of defender bears, and they all sort of look the same, not that I can name them. >_>;;

10 hours ago, Jojo said:

Defender bears attack Nichelings that have attacked other living things (that includes bunnils) the exception is when you are attacked first and then fight back.

The peaceful bear is supposed to scare away bearyena's it might not work if it is to far away from the bearyena or if the nesting material bribe has run out.

True, usually the Bearyenas that attack me are far away from the Peaceful Bear. I suppose I just have to move my Nichelings closer to him.

And same, lol. The Peaceful bear is staring at me with unblinking eyes... doing bugger all. xD 

6 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

One thing hasn't been constant for me. If the offending nicheling is not around, they either forget by the next time you're in their range, while at others, they go for someone randomly many days later. So everytime I meet an older defender, there's no way of knowing what it's up to

I'll see if that happens too. 🤔

Thanks for all your remarks! I think I have a better idea of what to look for in the two new bears.

I like the Defender bear, but it's too lawful good xD. I wish the Peaceful bear would blink once in a while. O_O

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...