Stray Fawn Community

Keybind menu

Vernaron

I was thinking that there should be a key binding menu. It would be up in the corner of the screen, and it would allow you to see what all your key binds are and what they are connected to. The most important feature would be that they would allow you to change multiple key bindings at once. Right now, if you want to change a key within a complicated logic circuit, you have to sift through all the logic blocks to find all the places that the key exists. This can create a lot of glitches. Also, if a creation has a massive amount of thrusters, you have to manually change every single thruster, or delete them all and start again. 

• Like 2

4 replies to this post

On 7/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, ababaBABABABABBA said:

yes maybe a drop down menu, and tags included

aaagreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!..   ..................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops silly me... I finally understood that the "tags" actually work as custom event names. I remember running into trouble when I tested them. I got the false impression they were unreliable and decided they were not to be used once and for all.

Well anyway, I agree some kind of central events management would be useful, both for following signals in a complex design and mass renaming events.

Right now it is often faster to delete and rebuild a block than painstakingly change every single event.