Stray Fawn Community

How to get to a snowy island?

I've always wanted to have my nichelings live on a snowy island. I've had an ongoing game where I picked a snowy island in sandbox mode, but had to leave it due to food constraints. But since then I have not come across a snowy island. I just want to know if there is a certain port I have to go to if I want to get to a snowy island.

• Like 1

I think you just have to be lucky with a snow port.

And trick for food in snowy island: rush to the nearest ice block and use whatever gene is in there for food. Unless it's mammut foot. Mammut foot is stupid. Example:

Saber Fangs: fighting balance bears

Mega Horns: fighting balance bears

Digging Trunk: R O O T S

armored body: still useless, but not as much as mammut foot.

Hammer Tail: N U T S  A N D  B U N N I L S

I think that's all the genes. Other than mammut foot. Mammut foot sucks

• Like 1

If food is an issue, you're best of combining hunting + digging tactics. That means on the hardest one:

Heat body + fluffy tail

Digging trunk + mega horns + bear. Hindlegs

Wings

You migrate and fly in a circle shape, following prey and snowed in bunills. While you move, you dig. When the snow has reached its peak, it's nesting time. This is as effective as collecting berries on an easy island once you've got the hang of it. You will need a good island though, enough prey burrows to migrate in a solid pattern. I suggest you start there with optimized starters and check it out, then make a challenge tribe. Somewhat easier. Just try to get a nest or two surrounded by a good prey spots.

You can't ever stop moving. Surprisingly though, once you know the island and snowed in bunills, the weather can be an advantage...

If you want to get to a snowy port, head right/ up from the island you are on, if you see a big, blue port you can also choose that as you can travel almost everywhere from whale island :D

13 hours ago, Renio? said:

I think you just have to be lucky with a snow port.

And trick for food in snowy island: rush to the nearest ice block and use whatever gene is in there for food. Unless it's mammut foot. Mammut foot is stupid. Example:

Saber Fangs: fighting balance bears

Mega Horns: fighting balance bears

Digging Trunk: R O O T S

armored body: still useless, but not as much as mammut foot.

I think that's all the genes. Other than mammut foot. Mammut foot sucks

You missed hammer tail