Stray Fawn Community

Ask Angel About M-I/D/Ds!

wikipedia [he/him]

2 hours ago, OnlySlightlyEldritchFawn said:

Okay. Another stupid question, but how do you?

I get the NT framework somewhat after hard work. But that's a separate framework of its own and I don't know how to work with it. What can you do to understand someone with NPD better, or don't lose things in translation? I somewhat get what not to do at times with rl exposure, in rl, but that's mostly controlling my own affect since what might be a small thing to me seems highly destabilizing to these two people in particular. Can't judge anyone on that part because I'm hyperfixated on emotions too, only it's someone's capacity for a very specific type of anger. But what do you do or really ought to know? 

Essentially, he uses 'narcissistic' instead of manipulative- even classifying it as 'narcissistic' instead of it's true word. This is a known thing; something people call 'narcissistic abuse' (which blatantly isn't real; you don't call abuse by somebody with autism, like, autistic abuse do you?). 

Instead of calling something narcissistic, instead just call it by what it is- manipulative, stupid, ect. 

Another real example is the 'diagnose Trump' campaign, to... diagnose Donald with NPD. Which is stupid and ableist. 

Is there anything else you want me to cover?? I don't understand the full capacity of the question (I just got back from school exams so I'm tired ^^;) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

Essentially, he uses 'narcissistic' instead of manipulative- even classifying it as 'narcissistic' instead of it's true word. This is a known thing; something people call 'narcissistic abuse' (which blatantly isn't real; you don't call abuse by somebody with autism, like, autistic abuse do you?). 

Instead of calling something narcissistic, instead just call it by what it is- manipulative, stupid, ect. 

Another real example is the 'diagnose Trump' campaign, to... diagnose Donald with NPD. Which is stupid and ableist. 

Is there anything else you want me to cover?? I don't understand the full capacity of the question (I just got back from school exams so I'm tired ^^;) 

People speak their own framework, frame of reference, emotional language. Reactions and attitudes within these are somewhat logical. Reactions and attitudes are rarely fully logical outside of them.

When we project our own goals/needs onto someone, we're assuming they're not only using our method to get it, but also that the endgame of their behaviour seeks the same reward. So, common reaction:

A) You're stupid in your way of getting (and failing to achieve) the thing I assume you want. E.g. middle class and tackiness, hip hop

B) Your behaviour must mean you want X, because that's how I act when I want/mean to do X. Validation, insult, gravity or extend of how we think our actions affect others, I guess.

Not good with language. But, what do we usually project onto you? What's actually going on when we assume something else? When there's conflict, or the most typical ableism going on, I mean. Most ideas clashing in way of not seeing the other as they are. If that makes any sense

If that sounds too weird, I'll come back when I have my head screwed on the right way and this week is over. Not sure why I dissolve into this kind of stressed mess in particular, but I can't ask people to deal with it. Answer whenever or ignore it if you're busy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I still have not figured out why people would think you'd want to masquerade as something seen as inferior, weak or stupid. Or how you'd have managed to fool every diagnostic test, but oh no, they see the truth. Only them. As a shining paragon of virtue, this injustice has to be purged from the land.

I don't know how a friend of mine put up with this only because her learning disability wasn't "that bad". "We do things like normal people here." Functioning is commonly written all over ASD, but people behind labels not "that weird" really get the shorter end of the stick sometimes. 

Then there's people verbally and physically abusing children on a daily basis, but oh god, why do they cry all the time? What has them upset now? Maybe they should cry it out. That's how they'll learn this doesn't get them what they want, depite it never having worked before. Brilliant.

Just. Why? How can you not cringe internally while saying those things? But no, them being a wrong thing, makes whoever taking issue now right. Is that the thought process? You're inferior/inhuman, therefore you're not?

12 hours ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

I still have not figured out why people would think you'd want to masquerade as something seen as inferior, weak or stupid. Or how you'd have managed to fool every diagnostic test, but oh no, they see the truth. Only them. As a shining paragon of virtue, this injustice has to be purged from the land.

I don't know how a friend of mine put up with this only because her learning disability wasn't "that bad". "We do things like normal people here." Functioning is commonly written all over ASD, but people behind labels not "that weird" really get the shorter end of the stick sometimes. 

Then there's people verbally and physically abusing children on a daily basis, but oh god, why do they cry all the time? What has them upset now? Maybe they should cry it out. That's how they'll learn this doesn't get them what they want, depite it never having worked before. Brilliant.

Just. Why? How can you not cringe internally while saying those things? But no, them being a wrong thing, makes whoever taking issue now right. Is that the thought process? You're inferior/inhuman, therefore you're not?

Honestly, i don't understand it either? I really can't understand how they think it'd be okay to even?? say those things???

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm reviving the thread with some questions! :)

I know I said before that I didn't think I had any disorders, but after watching some yt videos I'm starting to believe I have ADHD and asperger's (don't remember the official term). I can relate to a lot of the more non-stereotypical symptoms of asperger's/high fuctioning autism, but not all, and I seem to have outgrown a lot of stuff from childhood, especially around poor social skills/interaction (though I'm still bad at making and committing to friendships no matter how badly I want one). But I do stim by shredding and picking things, I am basically an HSP, as a kid I displayed a lot of abnormal behavior, hyperfixation and tuning out, sorting/grouping toys as often as playing with them, etc. And of course the special interests still apply. lol.

I didn't go over the ADHD stuff but basically I'm a horrible procrastinator and can't stay focused on one thing for 2 minutes

So do these sound like aspie things? Can you outgrow asperger's like that by your teenage years? I'm so curious lol