Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones

Lilytuft

13 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

The spirit had heard something from this direction, they knew they had. It seemed like a distressed noise. What is there to be afraid of? they thought, but there wasn't any answer, like usual. Then they saw two white dots in the darkness. More of those, I like those. They brought me the good thoughts. So they came closer to them, closer and closer, wondering what the lights were, until they bumped into a black form in the dark.

They looked closer at the dark shape. They were sure it had moved. Was it alive? Maybe another member of... whatever species they were. They couldn't even remember that, huh?

"Um, hello,,,,,"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hamingcookie said:

They looked closer at the dark shape. They were sure it had moved. Was it alive? Maybe another member of... whatever species they were. They couldn't even remember that, huh?

"Um, hello,,,,,"

A noise? A familiar noise? It's something I can understand. It's language, they're communicating to me. The creature's eyes flashed a black color, not that they could see it. They said hello, it's a greeting. I can make that noise too, that greeting. Again the creature's eyes flashed black.

"Hello," my voice, it has a sound to it. It's different than theirs!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

A noise? A familiar noise? It's something I can understand. It's language, they're communicating to me. The creature's eyes flashed a black color, not that they could see it. They said hello, it's a greeting. I can make that noise too, that greeting. Again the creature's eyes flashed black.

"Hello," my voice, it has a sound to it. It's different than theirs!

They looked puzzled for a moment, wondering how the creature's eyes seemed to disappear.

"Do you-" They paused to look around at the barren landscape. It made them feel nostalgic, though they had no idea why. "Do you know wh- where we are?" Hearing their own voice, they hated the sound of it. It was too high.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hamingcookie said:

They looked puzzled for a moment, wondering how the creature's eyes seemed to disappear.

"Do you-" They paused to look around at the barren landscape. It made them feel nostalgic, though they had no idea why. "Do you know wh- where we are?" Hearing their own voice, they hated the sound of it. It was too high.

"Where we are?" the spirit repeated. What does that mean? The voice of the other creature brought back a remembrance of a similair voice, ever higher pitched. But the spirit couldn't quite place it. Why is mine so low? Why am I different?

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 12:58 PM, Chiyanna said:

"Where we are?" the spirit repeated. What does that mean? The voice of the other creature brought back a remembrance of a similair voice, ever higher pitched. But the spirit couldn't quite place it. Why is mine so low? Why am I different?

"I have... no idea. Maybe s- someone else knows? Should we- should we look for others?"

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hamingcookie said:

"I have... no idea. Maybe s- someone else knows? Should we- should we look for others?"

Can I use this 'voice' to project what I'm thinking? "Yes, I can!" the creature said with delight. Then they realized the voice of the other creature meant something. They were voicing what their head was thinking. "Sorry," the creature didn't even know why, just that their comment was out of place....they felt something sad, empathetic perhaps.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...