Stray Fawn Community

Give me criticism on my art

Spoopy

Well first off I'm no expert so I'll try to give advice the best I can. So please don't take it to heart if I say something you don't like. I don't mean it in a bad way when I give my opinion.

2 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

I chose some of my art that I like and I want you guys to give me cirticism and advice

Untitled355_20200417014154.png.ee6e73d410b91e6bc440db67aa33921b.png

I'm assuming you where leaning to the gory side? Not my strong point but from what I can see it's not bad. The background needs some work, I think the lettering is a nice touch but it needs to be more impactful. It's not the same style, all the letters, some have cute curls others not. Try looking online for examples and try different ones with a picture. His eye is glowing but because the whole picture is light it doesn't give the effect off well. Try more dark shadows around the character to highlight the glowing eye and the thing crawling out off it. You need a focus point in the picture right now there isn't a really good one, as a viewer I know that the eye and the thing crawling out is the main point (Once again I'm assuming it is, if it wasn't, sorry) but because of the letters and the colors all being the same hue the human eye is looking all around and not focusing on what you're trying to show.

13 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

I chose some of my art that I like and I want you guys to give me cirticism and advice

Untitled305_20200418234048.thumb.png.4850fdd0bde1b63afb9ae1a1f4d4320a.png

This one has human in, definitely not my strong point. I can only suggest shading, remember humans are not flat they are 3D so shadows are there to help get it across. Other than that I do like the concept of this one. :)

17 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

Untitled330_20200411124139.png.5dbff3abd0d703b512f8037e8fdb9759.png

Can't say much about this one. I think I like it just the way it is. There is not light thus no need for shadows. Maybe some anatomy with the hands that need practice but other than that I really do just like this one. The white eye give you a thing to focus on and let the you explore from there, the more I look the more I start to see. It's a fun picture to look at for me personally.

20 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

Untitled372_20200419231846.png.58519df1af3dabba4339114588751289.pngUntitled358_20200417203747.thumb.png.8624b879428d2b08c76a291cd2947aab.png

I'm doing these two together because once again, I'm no good with humans. Wish I could give you better advice but I'm sure someone on here are good with them.:)

I can only say, shadows. Not heavy shadows but only a slight shadow should work too, for instance where the hair is making shadows on the face. I like the Tv guy.

23 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

Untitled380_20200420222335.png.a22b5fdf52f0dd91743711e51f960b31.png

This one is also fine. Maybe a bit practice with hands but that's it. I like the colors, nothing is fighting for my attention in this one and I can just enjoy looking at it. Maybe a bit line art that's messy but it adds to the charm of this piece.

26 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

Untitled398_20200425130847.thumb.png.7e2db619f61ad20d76f1c267478fb3fd.png

This one again I can see what you where going for and it's not a bad one. So far non really are. I think the lettering is once again one of the point that I think didn't need to be blurred. This time the letters are all the same but because the niche has a blurred glow around him and the words are blurred it's doesn't clash- hard to explain- it meshes too well? Where his hair and the words meet its to similar and if someone just glance it it they would think that some of it's part of the the niche. Unfortunately this is a trial and error fix for me. I would make multi ones with different levels of blur (If I wanted it to be blurred like this) and pick the one that works.

The niche itself is fine because that's you're style and my tricks wouldn't work for this style. I think. The glow is to much unless this niche has a reason to glow it shouldn't glow that much. The background is fine I've made a similar one before, maybe a low blur for the background and then no blur for the words? Trial and error are your best friends, they are mine too. xD

39 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

Untitled419_20200428165943.png.3739777c2777d815aa39916bec157383.png

Shadows. Nice work with the moveable blur. Shadows. Character's have shadows. Sorry, only advice I can give here. Shadows.

41 minutes ago, A A A A A A said:

Untitled426_20200430223311.png.bf1d27fef63b7317ce4324a1f17c4779.png

This one you have to keep in mind that the light comes from above. I can see some shadows but they aren't dark enough. If an object is closer to another object the shadows are darker, the further they are the lighter. Use you're hand for and example if you move your hand closer to a table then the shadows are darker and when you move it further away it's lighter. Although this also depends on where the light is coming from and how many lights there are and if there is a reflection how would it change the light and shadows. I'm still struggling to learn shadows, lights and reflections. So, I hope this helps. If you need me to try and explain some more I will try. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FawnCat said:

Well first off I'm no expert so I'll try to give advice the best I can. So please don't take it to heart if I say something you don't like. I don't mean it in a bad way when I give my opinion.

I'm assuming you where leaning to the gory side? Not my strong point but from what I can see it's not bad. The background needs some work, I think the lettering is a nice touch but it needs to be more impactful. It's not the same style, all the letters, some have cute curls others not. Try looking online for examples and try different ones with a picture. His eye is glowing but because the whole picture is light it doesn't give the effect off well. Try more dark shadows around the character to highlight the glowing eye and the thing crawling out off it. You need a focus point in the picture right now there isn't a really good one, as a viewer I know that the eye and the thing crawling out is the main point (Once again I'm assuming it is, if it wasn't, sorry) but because of the letters and the colors all being the same hue the human eye is looking all around and not focusing on what you're trying to show.

This one has human in, definitely not my strong point. I can only suggest shading, remember humans are not flat they are 3D so shadows are there to help get it across. Other than that I do like the concept of this one. :)

Can't say much about this one. I think I like it just the way it is. There is not light thus no need for shadows. Maybe some anatomy with the hands that need practice but other than that I really do just like this one. The white eye give you a thing to focus on and let the you explore from there, the more I look the more I start to see. It's a fun picture to look at for me personally.

I'm doing these two together because once again, I'm no good with humans. Wish I could give you better advice but I'm sure someone on here are good with them.:)

I can only say, shadows. Not heavy shadows but only a slight shadow should work too, for instance where the hair is making shadows on the face. I like the Tv guy.

This one is also fine. Maybe a bit practice with hands but that's it. I like the colors, nothing is fighting for my attention in this one and I can just enjoy looking at it. Maybe a bit line art that's messy but it adds to the charm of this piece.

This one again I can see what you where going for and it's not a bad one. So far non really are. I think the lettering is once again one of the point that I think didn't need to be blurred. This time the letters are all the same but because the niche has a blurred glow around him and the words are blurred it's doesn't clash- hard to explain- it meshes too well? Where his hair and the words meet its to similar and if someone just glance it it they would think that some of it's part of the the niche. Unfortunately this is a trial and error fix for me. I would make multi ones with different levels of blur (If I wanted it to be blurred like this) and pick the one that works.

The niche itself is fine because that's you're style and my tricks wouldn't work for this style. I think. The glow is to much unless this niche has a reason to glow it shouldn't glow that much. The background is fine I've made a similar one before, maybe a low blur for the background and then no blur for the words? Trial and error are your best friends, they are mine too. xD

Shadows. Nice work with the moveable blur. Shadows. Character's have shadows. Sorry, only advice I can give here. Shadows.

This one you have to keep in mind that the light comes from above. I can see some shadows but they aren't dark enough. If an object is closer to another object the shadows are darker, the further they are the lighter. Use you're hand for and example if you move your hand closer to a table then the shadows are darker and when you move it further away it's lighter. Although this also depends on where the light is coming from and how many lights there are and if there is a reflection how would it change the light and shadows. I'm still struggling to learn shadows, lights and reflections. So, I hope this helps. If you need me to try and explain some more I will try. :)

Thank you so much for this :)

I'm slowly learning shadows and anatomy and your advice means a lot to me

Once again,

Thank you!

• Paw up 1

I'm a give some tips on anatomy because that"s all I care about

- You may want to think about making the heads smaller and the shoulders wider. Some of them look as though the neck and body are too small or out of proportion compared to the head.

- The foreheads, or tops of their heads, are taken up by the eyes. Try bringing the eyes down, towards the snout and making them an tad smaller wouldn't hurt.

- The snouts are a bit large in comparison with the head. They also curve upwards a little much (idk if this is just your style). Here's a picture of a wolf's head. You can see the snout mainly points downwards and the position of the eye in comparison with the snout. You can make a clear line from the eye and the end of the snout.

image.thumb.png.44d7a7195aa669046fc0f3bc3056d54e.png

Here's an exercise I did once with a bird - take these bones and around it draw the outline of a fleshed out wolf. It was pretty fun for me, you can't really go wrong. Do this  with whatever you want.

image.png.397d415a382036a9348cbac33b910380.png

As for your strong parts your very good with texture, fur, and hair, something I struggled with from the beginning and still kinda do.

I hope this is helpful and makes sense!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Applesauce said:

I'm a give some tips on anatomy because that"s all I care about

- You may want to think about making the heads smaller and the shoulders wider. Some of them look as though the neck and body are too small or out of proportion compared to the head.

- The foreheads, or tops of their heads, are taken up by the eyes. Try bringing the eyes down, towards the snout and making them an tad smaller wouldn't hurt.

- The snouts are a bit large in comparison with the head. They also curve upwards a little much (idk if this is just your style). Here's a picture of a wolf's head. You can see the snout mainly points downwards and the position of the eye in comparison with the snout. You can make a clear line from the eye and the end of the snout.

image.thumb.png.44d7a7195aa669046fc0f3bc3056d54e.png

Here's an exercise I did once with a bird - take these bones and around it draw the outline of a fleshed out wolf. It was pretty fun for me, you can't really go wrong. Do this  with whatever you want.

image.png.397d415a382036a9348cbac33b910380.png

As for your strong parts your very good with texture, fur, and hair, something I struggled with from the beginning and still kinda do.

I hope this is helpful and makes sense!

Thank you as well! :D

• Paw up 1