Stray Fawn Community

Forever Following Blindly

Cloude

Vote for who gets to go to next island!

Those who stay behind face the consequences of not listening.

Anybody with the "Not allowed" you cannot vote for. The tribe will not let them on the ports.

Anybody with the "coming, no choice" don't need to have votes because they are being forced onto the ports.

-Echo
-Call
-Rusty (not allowed)
-Surface (not allowed)
-Tumbleweed
-Mayonaise
-Mustard (coming, no choice)
-Forest Fire (coming, no choice)
-Autumn (not allowed)
-Aspen (not allowed)
-Sunrise OR Summer (only one of these two are allowed)
-Spring
-Brikoi (not allowed)
-Debris
-Fall
-Vipeje (status unknown)
-Whoce (coming, no choice)

Current ports filled: 3/10
Nichelings on ports: Forest Fire, Mustard, Whoce

Don't Vote for: Rusty, Surface, Autumn, Aspen, Brikoi
Special Terms: Any vote for Debris will garuntee automatic safety, Vipeje's vote surprise is yet to be known, Spring's chance is lessened, Sunrise and Summer are not both allowed to go- only one

• Like 1

FALL got my vote... can I put all my votes on FALL?!

If not...then Debris so that FALL can arrive safely. 

Maybe someone that can help FALL become king of the islands, Sunrise?

(So, that's Fall, Debris and Sunrise)

5 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Autumn (not allowed)

There goes the rest of my ship~

10 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Vote for who gets to go to next island!

Those who stay behind face the consequences of not listening.

Anybody with the "Not allowed" you cannot vote for. The tribe will not let them on the ports.

Anybody with the "coming, no choice" don't need to have votes because they are being forced onto the ports.

-Echo
-Call
-Rusty (not allowed)
-Surface (not allowed)
-Tumbleweed
-Mayonaise
-Mustard (coming, no choice)
-Forest Fire (coming, no choice)
-Autumn (not allowed)
-Aspen (not allowed)
-Sunrise OR Summer (only one of these two are allowed)
-Spring
-Brikoi (not allowed)
-Debris
-Fall
-Vipeje (status unknown)
-Whoce (coming, no choice)

Current ports filled: 3/10
Nichelings on ports: Forest Fire, Mustard, Whoce

Don't Vote for: Rusty, Surface, Autumn, Aspen, Brikoi
Special Terms: Any vote for Debris will garuntee automatic safety, Vipeje's vote surprise is yet to be known, Spring's chance is lessened, Sunrise and Summer are not both allowed to go- only one

i'd like order one uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Debris

7 minutes ago, FawnCat said:

FALL got my vote... can I put all my votes on FALL?!

If not...then Debris so that FALL can arrive safely. 

Maybe someone that can help FALL become king of the islands, Sunrise?

(So, that's Fall, Debris and Sunrise)

There goes the rest of my ship~

Oh don't worry, your ship is already garunteed for next island ;)

I don't understand your obsession for Fall I-

• Eek! 1

5 minutes ago, Dysfunctional Numbers Foxy said:

Oh don't worry, your ship is already garunteed for next island ;)

I don't understand you obsession for Fall I-

YEASSSS! My ship will go on!

I don't understand my obsession either. My brain was just "I like this one, we should make it the king"

Everyone had gathered at the river. They needed some sort of plan- This river was deep, most of them probably couldn’t even get across on their own!

Brikoi, after taking one look at everyone, freaked out and jumped right in. She made one good kick against the sand and was already at the other side. Once she got there she just ran.

Echo and Call crossed together, sticking close to each other in case one of them had any problems. Luckily, they made it to the other side a-okay. Echo ran ahead to scout out the areas while Call stayed to help others get out of the water.

Autumn walked over to Whoce, staring at the now grown pink nicheling. Sure, Whose had shorter fur than everyone else, but why would that matter to her? She quickly put Spring down, pinning the child with her paw before letting go of his scruff. He immediately started kicking at the sand, bloodshot eyes darting around without a single thought. Whose carefully picked up the restless child, then nodded at Autumn.Autumn turned towards the water, darting in and kicking at the sand. All her extra fur that surrounded her neck and made her tail the way it is only seemed to drag her down. She couldn’t keep her head above the water, but she sure as heck wasn’t going to give up. She went quite a bit under the water, holding her breath in for as long as she could. She kicked as hard as she could against the sand, letting some air out as she desperately kicked at the water, nearing closer and closer to the other side. She eventually made it close enough to the surface for Call to drag her up. Autumn coughed out quite a bit of water before collapsing. Call quickly dragged her over to a nearby nest before running back to the shore to help with other nichelings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A few more nichelings crossed perfectly fine. Maybe it was just all of Autumn's fluffy fur that dragged her down? Maybe there was no other reason?

Vipeje and Tumbleweed had both crossed, sticking close to each other (but not too close) so that Surface was secure. Tumbleweed took her sister with her as she walked into the grass on the new island segment. Vipeje stayed next to Call so she could help with healing any nichelings that might have breathed in a bit of water.

Eventually, someone pushed Rusty closer to the water. Rusty stared at it, trembling as thoughts of his father flooded his mind. Whoce reassured him, and Aspen just kept pushing him closer to the water. Rusty tried his best not to cry as he stepped into the water. He took a deep breath and held it before going into the water. He kicked away from the sand, trying to kick at the water at a decent pace. Call and Vipeje both encouraged him from the other side, but that just made him feel worse. Suddenly, something yanked on one of his hind paws. He resisted the urge to scream as he was pulled under. He kicked desperately, looking back at his leg and seeing nothing. Thoughts started running through his mind at a million miles a second, and he desperately kicked at the water. 

All he could think about was dad… The water… Everything he was trying to push out...

Rusty looked around, finding himself at a familiar shoreline. He stopped and stared at the water. His dad was there. He reached his paw out, but something confused him. He saw Blizzard in the water, holding Steel down. Steel tried to fight back, but Blizzard ended it with one swift hit to the head. Rusty just watched as Blizzard swam up to the shore. Blizzard popped up, taking a deep breath and dragging himself out of the water. Rusty just stared at the water. He couldn’t even see his father anymore because of how discoloured it was.

Blizzard huffed, seeming a little disappointed.

“Loosen up kid, he was a lost cause anyways. Now he can swim with the fishes, isn’t that a pleasant thought?”

Rusty trembled, wanting nothing more than to end Blizzard right there and then. He had the strength, but… Something seemed to hold him back.

“Hey, it was for the best. I’m your uncle, do you not believe in my judgement?”

That grin.. Blizzard’s grin.. He knew he would get away with it..

Rusty tried to lift his claw, but his body wouldn’t move. It couldn’t move..

It felt heavy.. Like chains were holding him down.

“What, you gone mute? You really gonna take after him? Pitiful..”

Rusty screamed and lashed out at him, bringing a claw up towards his head-

But suddenly it was just water. He shouldn’t have opened his mouth..

He kicked as hard as he could, coughing as his lungs filled with water. He looked up at the water’s surface. He could do it.. He could make it out.. He just needed to try..

But it was already too late...

• Sad 2

Nobody could see what happened. Rusty was perfectly fine, then suddenly he was gone. They waiting for him to come back up, but he never did. Did Whoce jinx it? Was it some weird game those voices were trying to play? Was he actually just not going to come back up?

She watched as what looked like bubbles raised to the surface, popping immediately when it reached the oxygen. That really was it…

She looked at the others, who were all staring silently.

After an uncomfortable period of silence, nichelings started crossing again.

Nothing very exciting there.

• Like 2

Autumn stirred, lifting her head. She opened her eyes, the familiar blindness of the night being the first thing she sees. Well- doesn’t see? There was also the sounds of a child. She looked down, squinting at the small fluff that was curled up next to her. She then realized where she was laying. She re-adjusted herself so that she was a little more comfortable, then curled her tail around the child. She tried whatever she could to get her vision to work with her, just so she could see the child.

“Hey.” Cream seemed to materialize, sitting next to Autumn with a soft smile. Her gaze dropped to the nest, and settled down to lay next to the child. “It’s been a hot minute, hasn’t it?”

Autumn looked over at Cream and smiled. “I guess you could say that. Over here the weather’s been pretty bitter though. Er- literally I mean.” She pointed up at the starry sky. If it was day then she could probably have a better example of what she meant, y’know, since not much really happens at night.

Cream chuckled, leaning down and nudging the child for a moment. “It hasn’t been very clear back at my place either, it rained just yesterday, in fact. I’m...a little concerned that I don’t remember much from before I woke up here. I’m sure it’s nothing though.” Her gaze locked on the stars, and she lifted up her good paw to gesture at the sky. “When he had time, my father would tell me stories about the stars. You can see shapes in them if you look hard enough-he said that every shape had a story to it.”

Autumn looked up, just listening to what she had to say before doing anything else. “Well.. That can also be applied to nature, can’t it?” She looked around, then gestured to a berry bush in the distance. “Even the plants have a story. Even if it’s shorter than ours, it’s still a story. I know someone who likes to talk to the bushes sometimes… They’ll even try to hug the bush when they think nobody’s watching.” Ah yes, the things that muties pick up on when nichelings think nobody is paying attention. “Just because the bush doesn’t communicate with us doesn’t mean it can’t have it’s own life, y’know?”

Cream nodded, tapping her paw against the ground-she seemed to do that a lot. “That makes sense. It’s kind of like how I feel with crabbits-everyone thinks I’m insane because I’ll sit there for hours and talk to them, but it...feels like they can understand me, even if they can’t communicate it. They never tried to hurt me, so that must mean something, right?” She looked back at the stars, squinting to try and find something. “There.” She pointed to a cluster of stars. “That one was always my favorite, the story of the nicheling in the waves.”

She stared at the stars, nodding before looking back at Cream. “Waves…” She turned her head to look at the water. The water gave her a weird feeling. Y’know, considering what happened earlier. She then shook her head and turned back to look at the stars. “Are there any stars about…” She had to think for a moment. “Speech? Er- Limited speech?”

She thought for a moment, again tapping her paw against the ground-didn’t that hurt with how much she was doing it?-then pointed at another cluster of stars. “Well, there’s the tale of Yukono. She was born without a voice, which was considered a death sentence in her tribe that valued the ability to sing over everything. They cast her out into the wilderness to fend for herself, but she survived purely on her other abilities. She came back one day to prove that she could be useful. She made a strange, but beautiful song simply by blowing through a rolled up leaf. That’s it, no speech needed. They accepted her back in, and she lived the rest of her days in peace.”

She looked down at the ground in thought. One of her ears seemed to twitch a bit. “Would you believe that everyone here just.. Seems to ignore everything I’m saying?” She looked at Cream, then back at the ground. “Because whenever I talk to them they just look at me weirdly.” She was going to say something about the children, but when she looked around she couldn’t see any of them. She just shook her head again and looked down.

Cream finally looked back from the stars, shooting Autumn a confused look. “Hm, that’s...odd. Maybe they’re just being difficult? I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t at least acknowledge you.” She sighed. “Sometimes I felt it was better to be ignored. Better than my siblings or mother getting violent with me.” She seemed almost...lost in thought, staring at the ground and doing that damn thing with her paw again. Then, she shook her head, gaze lowering to look at the child. “Did you name her?”

“Well.. I’ve had an idea about her name. But I don’t know if it’s necessarily a good name?” She looked down at the child, who had been squirming around. “I kinda haven’t been awake since I got out of the water. I didn’t even know she came until just now..” Not LITERALLY just now- but when she woke up. “Forest Fire…?” She was kind of nervous. She didn’t exactly get to name any of her other children, this was the first one.

Cream was silent for a few moments, before looking up from the child and smiling. “I like that, it suits her. Or, she reminds me of one anyway. Her fur looks like it might burn me if I touch her.” She shifted to get a bit more comfortable, resting her head on Autumn’s. And, of course, just like always, she started singing. Guess she liked doing that. 

“I was brought up in a line, but I seem to walk in circles. It’s getting hard to navigate, when every map was never made for me…”

Autumn chirped and then went silent. It almost seemed like the equivalent to a child who just got told they were going to have their bedtime story read. Her ears perked up so she could listen to it clearly. Her breaths seemed a bit raspy, but nothing to worry about right?

Cream didn’t seem to notice anything, just kept singing. “And I thought it would feel good, to understand why I was different. But my title just talks over me, I never even asked to be this way…” She paused for a moment, reaching down to gently run her paw over Forest Fire’s pelt. “But to say that I’m a rainbow-to tell me that I’m bright, when I’m so used to feeling wrong…” She took in a deep breath, closing her eyes. “Well, it makes me feel alright.”

The red female buried her face into Cream’s fur as she slowly drifted off to sleep. Her breaths just got slower and slower… And eventually she just stopped breathing. She looked like she was at peace.. But for how long will she look like that exactly?

• Sad 2

In the morning the tribe found that both Aspen and Autumn had passed. Nobody had known what had happened to Aspen, but Vipeje knew what happened to Autumn.

Vipeje knew that she couldn’t breath with the water in her lungs… But mom had told her before that Autumn was very.. Problematic. If she was gone they wouldn’t have to deal with the problems, right? Except… There was a child… Who’s child even is that? Blizzard isn’t here anymore- How is there another child?

Vipeje shook her head a bit and walked over. She flicked her ear when the mews grew closer. Oh how the noise annoys her. She looked down at the child, who was shivering and curled up next to Autumn’s body. She picked the child up by the scruff and walked over to where one of the twins were standing by the water. The twin looked over with a sweet smile. 

“Hello Vi-” She was cut off by something small being thrown at her. She shook her fur off a little before looking down. Wait- was that a child? Did Vipeje just throw a child at her??

Call looked up at the healer with a confused expression. Vipeje just glared at the child before turning and walking back over to the nests. For some reason Vipeje didn’t even seem concerned about the long-gone Autumn in the nest right next to hers.

Call looked back down at the child, quickly curling around them when she realized how cold they were.

--

Of course some of the tribe were rushing ahead. Well- more just someone had to chase Brikoi and Spring all day, and they happened to find another river ahead.

Brikoi immediately went to jump in, but Tumbleweed bit her tail and yanked her back. She knew that Brikoi was immune to her fangs, so it was fine. Well- besides from the fact that she started getting hit in the face by a freaked out Brikoi. She just took it because she knew that Brikoi would just cross and get lost again if she let go. No matter how much it hurt she just stood there.

Surface was trying to calm Brikoi down but nothing would work. She refused to hurt either of her siblings- so she just stood there and watched. I mean- she couldn’t even move without pain shooting through her entire body.

When someone so much as just brushed up against Echo she stopped, so it wasn’t that hard to stop her from going anywhere. Surface could just keep watch over her instead.

--

Whoce just walked around, trying to help anybody who’d been hurt. She didn’t know how to heal nichelings, but she still tried. She couldn’t do much because of Spring constantly kicking her in the face though. It was getting harder to carry him because of how big he had gotten. Whenever Spring so much as touched the ground it was hard to get him to stop kicking his legs around.

--

Fall and Debris helped everybody else move on. Fall was a bit disgusted by Debris constantly biting at her paw, but he couldn’t really do anything to stop her. Plus, it wasn’t as bad as some of the others, right? I mean- there was someone attacking people whenever they got close before running away, someone who was currently much faster than any animal he’s ever seen, and someone who looked like they should’ve already been in the soil.

Fall quickly stood up when he saw something moving around in the grass around them. He hissed, eyes scanning the area. 

A nicheling jumped out in front of him. He was about to swipe at them, but stopped himself when they just sat down. They looked all happy and cheerful. Did they not hear any of the noises earlier?

“Hey, hey, who are you?” The nicheling reached out and booped his nose. He took a step back, going cross-eyed for a moment before blinking a few times. He then just stared at the female in confusion.

Debris looked over and just sorta stared at the female. Woah- she’s pretty. Pretty enough to distract her from her paw for a bit. But only a bit. She went back to chewing on her paw, but was still staring nontheless. 

Fall looked over at Debris before looking back at the wanderer.

“Uhm.. Fall. I’m Fall.” He was really quiet when talking. Almost more quiet than a whisper.

The female gave a confused look before smiling and hitting her front paws against the dirt a few times. “That’s a funny name! Where’d you get it?”

Okay this female wasn’t a normal nicheling. “Where’d I get my name…?” He looked a little skeptical.

“Yeah! Was I being too quiet? I can be louder if you want! Loud talk?” How fast she was speaking finally registered in Fall’s head. “No thanks. You’re loud enough.”

She went to boop him again, but he pushed her paw down before she could. “Alrighty! Wanna know my name?” She sorta flipped onto her back for a bit, then rolled on the ground before standing up again. Why was an adult so hyper? Or would playful be a better word to describe them?

“Sure… Just follow me when you talk. Walk and talk.” He motioned for Debris as well before heading off. Debris and the strange wanderer followed him towards where the rest of the tribe had been going while they were distracted. The wanderer, of course, just never seemed to stop talking. What surprised Fall was the fact that Debris started to take her paw away from her mouth long enough to respond. I mean- I guess he didn’t have to deal with talking then?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

703964998_2020-10-01(4).thumb.png.1e60e5e884e0f8e22ab2d83bd2e4781b.png

Everybody has safely crossed the river, now making their way onto the ports. The nichelings were suspicious of a new wanderer whom reminded them of Blizzard, though the swaying back and forth from Forest Fire caught some nicheling’s attentions. 

“What are you doing?” Vipeje glared at Forest Fire, her gaze burying deep into her fur.

“I.. I’m spinning! Wheee!” Forest Fire giggled, looking around dizzily. The more she moved, the bigger her headache got, but she was more distracted by all of the spinning colours.

“Are you okay dear?” Echo stared at her with a concerned look, trying to figure out what was going on.

“I’m great! The grass is really pretty..”

“Oh honey, that’s the sky.” Echo brought her wing up to her face as a sort-of face-paw. 

“Sky, grass, what’s the difference?”

“Come here dear.” Echo waved her over, and she stumbled over and collapsed.

“She’s pitiful…”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

image.thumb.png.5ed0c30937a77913ef7ec35859c580df.png

The nichelings gathered around the ports, and those who didn’t make it on started to say their goodbyes. First was Vipeje, who only listed how disappointed she is in the others. When it moved on to Echo, a large crackling could be heard from the sky above. Everybody looked over, and most regretted it. A flash of lightening shot down, and a loud scream could be heard. Once everybody could see again, they all saw Summer laying limp in the grass. Sunrise screamed, trying to get off the port. That was until another bolt came down, striking right where Echo had been standing. Sunrise backed up, beginning to panic. She turned to the others and began to yell.

“CROSS, NOW!”

The others followed her order, quickly hopping from stone to stone. All they could hear was thunder crackles in the distance, followed by flashes of light which none of them dared to look back for.

• Like 2