Stray Fawn Community

Wandering (Warrior Cats Playthrough)

Katumai

decided to make one of these because it's a disgrace that I haven't yet with how much I love warriors

i'm gonna keep it more casual (as in not every post is some long, detailed scene) than my other playthroughs because i'm just. so tired, and some updates will be more story driven than others

anyway, just some notes

1. Whenever a nicheling becomes pregnant, I'll use a random number generator and roll from 1-4 to decide how many kits they'll have

2. Nichelings with hemophilia have a chance of pulling a Silverstream (and sometimes even non hemophilic nichelings have a chance, just very rarely)

3. Every character's personality is mostly randomized (save for some stuff I come up with myself because it's fun that way) which includes stuff like their sexuality, beliefs, etc (even who they like if I decide I want to go that route)

4. I usually use a random generator for names because I'm terrible at it and keep using the same names over and over in my warriors saves

5. Whenever a leader is close to death, I age them back by 8 days (I only do this 3 times, so leaders have 3 lives instead of 9)

i'm sure there's something else but i'll come back to it later because sometimes its like that 👍

anyway just gotta set everything up give me a minute

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2

Tinystar glanced behind them at the crumbling bridge of stepping stones, concern pricking at their mind for a brief moment as Rainypaw slipped and dangled off the edge with her back half in the water. Brushtuft quickly grabbed her by the scruff and pulled her up, and Tinystar relaxed, turning around and scanning their gathered clanmates.

Their littermate Flamepelt sat down beside them, brushing their tail over Tinystar's back and raising in a concerned eyebrow.

"It'll be fine." Tinystar assured them, giving a small smile. They didn't want them to worry. Flamepelt simply nodded, flicking an ear and twisting around to check on Rainypaw.

The few cats of the clan chatted quietly, still tired from their journey. It...made Tinystar's heart hurt a little to see that this was all that was left of their once lively clan.

Things will be okay. They thought to themselves, only half believing it.

They looked into the tall grass, and took a deep breath.

It will all be okay.

141802596_Screenshot(7975).thumb.png.b76fa358f451b0bc5819d5b52dbae1be.png

Left to right:

Lynxleaper-Brown spotted nicheling (He/Him)

Flamepelt-Black and red nicheling (They/Them)

Sunlight-Cream spotted medicine cat (He/Him)

Tinystar-Orange and white masked nicheling (They/Them)

Brookmeadow-Gray and white spotted nicheling (He/Him)

Rainypaw-Gray nicheling (She/Her)

Brushtuft-Big cream and gray nicheling (He/They)

Puddleheart-Orange spotted nicheling (He/Him)

Poppywater-Pink nicheling (She/Her)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Poppywater, who had already been pregnant on the way to the island, had gone into labor...probably earlier than she should have. All the stress of making their way there couldn't have been good for her.

But things went okay.

Brishtuft and Puddleheart sat curled around their mate, cooing down at the two tiny kits nestled against her stomach. Poppywater was exhausted, leaning her against Brushtuft's side with her eyes half closed and a smile on her face.

She had let her mates name the kits, and so the two were called Minnowkit and Lakekit. Sunlight sat off to the side, the slightest smile on his face as he watched the new family. Poppywater's unexpected kitting had shocked and quite frankly scared him a little, but things went well and everyone was okay. He quietly got to his paws and slipped out, going to tell Tinystar the news.

2087765026_Screenshot(7977).thumb.png.e868a8abe889a9ff40a2d530b3f7cbc1.png

Flamepelt poked their head into the den sometime later, wanting to check up on the queen and her new litter. Sunlight had said everything was fine, but as the deputy, it was...supposed to be their job, right? To make sure the clan was okay? Not that they particularly...liked Puddleheart, but it would be petty to extend that feeling towards his mates and kits.

Said orange tom seemed to notice them staring, and narrowed his eyes, muttering something soft towards Brushtuft as he stood up and padded over. 

"Flamepelt." He greeted them, standing in front of the nursery entrance, blocking their way. 

Flamepelt flicked their ear in greeting, wishing they could actually say hi. Damn.

After a few moments of silence, Puddleheart bumped his shoulder against their chest and pushed them back a little, as if trying to lead them somewhere else. They tried not to hiss, begrudgingly complying and walking backwards until the two were under a tree in the open of camp, nothing but quiet surrounding them.

It was quiet for a heartbeat before Puddleheart said something. "Flamepelt," He started, a slight hiss to the way he said their name. "Don't go near my kits."

The deputy raised an eyebrow. The hell does he mean?

"I know what you've been doing." He narrowed his eyes, and Flamepelt stiffened under the gaze. "I don't want you around them, or my mates for that matter. Who knows what you'll do to them? Just, keep your distance." He finished with a slight snarl, turning around and walking away without another word.

Flamepelt sat still for a moment, blinking as they thought to themselves.

...well that's not good.

1680676066_Screenshot(7978).thumb.png.20633d9de42b4b40160aa504ee0eea38.png

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

A while later, small, sickly Flowerkit is born to Rainydawn.

Lynxleaper laughed as he swayed his tail in front of the kit, while she watched with wide eyes and tried to grab it with her little paws. He didn't mind that she was sick, some stupid illness wasn't going to make him stay away from her-what kind of stupid cat thought like that, anyway?

Rainydawn watched with a small smile and tired eyes, still recovering. It hadn't been a particularly hard birth, Flowerkit was tiny and Rainydawn was...well, the opposite. She just worried for the kit.

"She's got fast reflexes for a little thing!" Lynxleaper chimed, chuckling as Flowerkit wrapped around his tail and battered her little hindpaws against it. She didn't have teeth yet and her claws were tiny little things, so really, he didn't feel much.

"Who's her dad, anyway? She doesn't look much like you! She actually kinda looks like Tinystar!" He observed, a teasing edge to his voice.

Rainydawn almost laughed at the idea of it being Tinystar's kit, but instead she shook her head, smile a little more strained now.

"It's not important."

1173950256_Screenshot(8171).thumb.png.b8d910e0cc1186d5941844e7459029e6.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

Minnowkit and Lakekit age up and are apprenticed to Sunlight and Flamepelt.

Flamepelt can feel Puddleheart's eyes burning holes through their back.

"Wouldn't Minnowpaw do better as a warrior?" Poppywater asked Tinystar, slight concern lacing her tone. "He's strong and fast-wouldn't Lakepaw be the better choice for Sunlight?"

"Strength doesn't matter in this case. Minnowpaw has stated several times that he's interested in medicine cat duties, while Lakepaw is ambitious and determined to become a warrior. Who do you think would do better at their job, a cat who actually wanted it or a cat who was forced into a role they didn't want?"

257357912_Screenshot(8172).thumb.png.9d6624f6fd78efc324bda00a7cbfde71.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

A yowl is heard from the nursery.

Lynxleaper quickly rushed towards the sound with Tinystar and Brookmeadow not far behind, bursting into the den to Rainydawn, hackles raised and hissing at a bearyena, with Flowerkit hiding in the nest.

Tinystar quickly flung themselves at the predator, landing on it's back with a snarl. 

The other warriors quickly joined in, attacking the beast until it fell to the ground, defeated.

Brookmeadow panted and shook out his fur, wincing at the sting. He could already see Sunlight and Minnowpaw rushing towards the group with some cobwebs.

A small thud reached his ears, and he turned his head, breath catching at the sight of Tinystar, slumped over on the ground.

Still and unbreathing.

1165668413_Screenshot(8173).thumb.png.3bfb04e42b77c99a5b32279035477210.png

• Sad 2

"Um, Tinystar?"

"Yes, Rainydawn?"

"Um, I just want to thank you for making Flowerpaw an apprentice. I know a lot of cats wouldn't have spared her a glance before kicking her out or putting her in the elder's den, especially considering the...unknown half of her lineage..."

"Of course I made her an apprentice. Every cat deserves a chance, that's what I believe-and it's nobody business who her father is. If you don't want to tell anyone, then they need to back off and respect your wishes."

1472958635_Screenshot(8177).thumb.png.8a4a7704ace08bca81a930ab839559f6.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2