Stray Fawn Community

Go to X island to unlock gene

Dinocanid

I would find it much better if the game tells you which island (or how many islands) you need to go to instead of the vague "travel to different islands" requirement. It gives off the impression that the gene will eventually be unlocked after you visit X amount islands, or at random, not that you need to go to a certain one.
I island hopped to about 10 islands (I might have gone in circles at some point, I'm no sure) while trying to unlock the poison fangs until I was told on steam that you need to go to swampy hill to unlock them.

• Like 5

3 replies to this post

Interesting. I personally was never bothered by that but when the mechanic was added I already knew what and where to go. I could imagine though that new players get easily frustrated or confused by that.

5 hours ago, Jojo said:

Interesting. I personally was never bothered by that but when the mechanic was added I already knew what and where to go. I could imagine though that new players get easily frustrated or confused by that.

Yeah, I was honestly confused. I've had niche for about a year, but I only recently noticed after starting a fresh storymode game that there were a bunch of "common" genes that were not unlocking for me due to the island requirement, and I had no idea what to do or where to go except randomly go to different islands and hope that it would unlock at some point.