Stray Fawn Community

After the Cataclysm (msm sim/rp) (4/5 slots taken)

BirbMonster

1 minute ago, Prismatic Birb said:

Reminder again to not rush me, I have trouble thinking up responses sometimes and rushing me just makes this stressful

(sorry, im definitely not the most patient person on earth, though im trying to work on that)

On 3/4/2023 at 4:36 PM, Andromeda_ said:

"Oh, thank goodness." Piper sighed. She didn't like lots of company, but she certainly didn't want to see a monster explode right in front of her.

(sorry for the slightly long response)

“Mech monsters do explode sometimes though. I saw it happen once to a Reebro. It’s the worst possible species to see it happen to, since they have a lot of fleshy bits too,”

Flounder stared, disgusted. “Will you not talk about that, whatever you are?”

”I’m a Jeeode, obviously,”

”Well, Jeeode, how did you get here? Did any other creatures from your dimension come in too?”

”Name’s Quartz. And not that many came. I saw three or four other Jeeodes, I think. But one of them’s Amethyst. Don’t save him,”

”I’m not going to let anyone just drown, psycho,”

With that, Flounder dived back into the ocean. 

She came back up eventually, but not carrying a single monster. 

“You need to see this! But you have to come back in the water! It’s hard to explain, come now!”

30 minutes ago, Prismatic Birb said:

(sorry for the slightly long response)

“Mech monsters do explode sometimes though. I saw it happen once to a Reebro. It’s the worst possible species to see it happen to, since they have a lot of fleshy bits too,”

Flounder stared, disgusted. “Will you not talk about that, whatever you are?”

”I’m a Jeeode, obviously,”

”Well, Jeeode, how did you get here? Did any other creatures from your dimension come in too?”

”Name’s Quartz. And not that many came. I saw three or four other Jeeodes, I think. But one of them’s Amethyst. Don’t save him,”

”I’m not going to let anyone just drown, psycho,”

With that, Flounder dived back into the ocean. 

She came back up eventually, but not carrying a single monster. 

“You need to see this! But you have to come back in the water! It’s hard to explain, come now!”

"Uh, alright." Piper said. She plunged back into the water. Reedlings weren't built for swimming, but she still managed to doggy-paddle through the sea.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:38 PM, Fox leaf said:

Drake could feel the answer. "It saved us..." She said

“Thanks to it, this place is at least a bit more liveable. Dawn and some others bought suppliers. They’re enough for food farming, and we could build a home from the stones around us,”

23 hours ago, Prismatic Birb said:

“Thanks to it, this place is at least a bit more liveable. Dawn and some others bought suppliers. They’re enough for food farming, and we could build a home from the stones around us,”

Drake nodded. "I think caves would work well. We'd have plenty of time to carve stuff out of stone!'

8 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

Drake nodded. "I think caves would work well. We'd have plenty of time to carve stuff out of stone!'

“For now. Just until we complete some proper buildings. Can’t just live like critters forever. Come on, kid. We have to tell Dawn what’s happening,”

With a cacophony of loud flapping, the group flew back up.

On 3/5/2023 at 9:50 PM, Andromeda_ said:

"Uh, alright." Piper said. She plunged back into the water. Reedlings weren't built for swimming, but she still managed to doggy-paddle through the sea.

Flounder looked back at you, then grabbed you, diving swiftly into the water. Eventually, she was level with where the island has sank to, but, to your extreme surprise, stepped out into air. Around the island, the water was floating, forming a sort of bubble.

44 minutes ago, Prismatic Birb said:

Flounder looked back at you, then grabbed you, diving swiftly into the water. Eventually, she was level with where the island has sank to, but, to your extreme surprise, stepped out into air. Around the island, the water was floating, forming a sort of bubble.

"Oh, wow." Piper gasped as she looked around. "How lucky."

8 hours ago, Prismatic Birb said:

“For now. Just until we complete some proper buildings. Can’t just live like critters forever. Come on, kid. We have to tell Dawn what’s happening,”

With a cacophony of loud flapping, the group flew back up.

Drake flew up eagerly. This wouldn't be too bad. Maybe she could go down in history!

30 minutes ago, Prismatic Birb said:

“Lucky indeed… and inexplicable,”

"You can go bring the others here,  I'll see if any other monsters managed to get on the island, I guess." Piper said. She began going towards the center of the island.

1 minute ago, Andromeda_ said:

"You can go bring the others here,  I'll see if any other monsters managed to get on the island, I guess." Piper said. She began going towards the center of the island.

“Alright, you go on without me. I’ll get Quartz down and find a way to get the Cybop without breaking him again,”

15 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

Drake flew up eagerly. This wouldn't be too bad. Maybe she could go down in history!

Once you got up, everyone was already unpacking what they’d bought with them. Food, seeds and soil to grow crops, buckets, building materials… it was surprising how prepared they were. It was probably a good idea to help with something.

4 minutes ago, Prismatic Birb said:

“Alright, you go on without me. I’ll get Quartz down and find a way to get the Cybop without breaking him again,”

Piper nodded and continued towards the center. She played a few notes from her flute spines, hoping to attract a monster.

2 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

Piper nodded and continued towards the center. She played a few notes from her flute spines, hoping to attract a monster.

You walked for a long time. It was honestly a peaceful place. The occasional fish accidentally fell from the water above. Eventually, you made it to a clearing, where a group of 8 or so dazed monsters picking themselves up. They were all bruised in some way.

Suddenly, a Dandidoo in the group turned to face you, moving their head unsettlingly fast.

10 minutes ago, Prismatic Birb said:

You walked for a long time. It was honestly a peaceful place. The occasional fish accidentally fell from the water above. Eventually, you made it to a clearing, where a group of 8 or so dazed monsters picking themselves up. They were all bruised in some way.

Suddenly, a Dandidoo in the group turned to face you, moving their head unsettlingly fast.

Piper suddenly remembered how hard socializing was. Maybe I should have waited until Flounder brought Quartz and the Cybop, they're probably a lot better at this. 

"Uh, are you guys alright?" Piper asked. She tried her best not to show that she was nervous.

3 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

Piper suddenly remembered how hard socializing was. Maybe I should have waited until Flounder brought Quartz and the Cybop, they're probably a lot better at this. 

"Uh, are you guys alright?" Piper asked. She tried her best not to show that she was nervous.

“Mostly,” The others simply nodded, still shaking from fear, confusion, and likely shock from being suddenly drenched in the ocean.

36 minutes ago, Prismatic Birb said:

“Mostly,” The others simply nodded, still shaking from fear, confusion, and likely shock from being suddenly drenched in the ocean.

She looked back, hoping Floubder was coming soon so she could handle the socializing. "That's good. we should look for other monsters now, I guess?"

7 hours ago, Prismatic Birb said:

Once you got up, everyone was already unpacking what they’d bought with them. Food, seeds and soil to grow crops, buckets, building materials… it was surprising how prepared they were. It was probably a good idea to help with something.

Drake found a nearby flat stone and carved an amazingly accurate design of the area. She carved in some easy buildings and designs. She knew it wouldn't be realistic, but it was something

On 3/7/2023 at 11:29 PM, Andromeda_ said:

She looked back, hoping Floubder was coming soon so she could handle the socializing. "That's good. we should look for other monsters now, I guess?"

(Floubder lol)

”Yep. We should regroup every survivor, see how many of us there are and what’s left of the village,”

On 3/8/2023 at 6:20 AM, Fox leaf said:

Drake found a nearby flat stone and carved an amazingly accurate design of the area. She carved in some easy buildings and designs. She knew it wouldn't be realistic, but it was something

You completely lost track of time after a while, until you eventually realised that the small circle of sky visible just above was getting dark. Everyone was beginning to gather together at the mouths of the caves to sleep.