Stray Fawn Community

jungle biome tips pls

pebbleheart

hi...

so im playing niche again (yippee!) and i am in the jungle. ive been scared of the jungle for quite some time but i feel like now that im older it shouldnt scare me that much (?)

looking for any threads/links for tips in to survive the jungle, i think i want to try and stay long enough to get all the jungle genes unlocked.

or comment some tips here ;) its good to be backimage.thumb.png.341bba3e5b4d3b61fc6954be9576f0d6.png

• Like 1

Good genes for the jungle you should go for big nose so you can detect meat eating plants earlier, I don't know which jungle you are in specifically but if it's the harder ones like deep and rainforest you should focus on digging, stealth (esp in deep since 3 ape trees are guaranteed to spawn there), heat resistance and camouflage.

So here's a list of good genes:

Big nose

Digging trunk

Lean body

Velvet paw

Horns (give strength while not taking up useful slots, good in case of a meat eating plant accident)

Stinky tail (big nose apes will leave nichelings with it alone as long as they aren't in the way to a stinkless nicheling or are smelly from a fruit tree)

Derp snout (keeps eye apes away)

Dots

Black fur

Platypus beak (THE best gene if there's sea access, worm spots double up when respawning after being dug up, meaning you'll have an ever expanding food source)

Big ears

Shortsighted eyes (smelling boost)

Cracker jaw (if you're brave enough to stay near an ape tree or gather seashells)

Nimble fingers

Purr snout 

Digging paw

Runner leg (forgor what it's called)

Neutral genes:

Medium body

Like every single snout that gives +2 smelling

Poison fangs (needs a buddy to detect plants since it can't smell well unless shortsighted or blind, good only for easier jungles)

Blind eyes (smelling boost, needs a buddy)

Toxic body (repels eye apes but gives no heat resistance)

Water body

Medium ears

Normal eyesight

Round ears

Bearyena ears 

Bad genes:

Gills (ZERO smelling unless shortsighted or blind)

Beak

Mammoth foot

Medium tail

Webbed paw

Webbed hind legs

Big body

Heat body

Tailfin

Albinism & melanism (negate camouflage)

Hope this helps! Probably forgot to add some genes 

Edited by Modiano Urania
Added a few things
  • Like 1

Don't step on any twigs, if you collect from stinky fruit trees remember to lick the nicheling clean after, and do your best not to have any brightly coloured nichelings. All these things will help apes not to spawn. Fishing, clams, and platypus beaks are always useful as well.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...