Stray Fawn Community

Heaters and Coolers in Tournaments

Garrok

5 replies to this post

Yeah thats the main problem. As soon as one drone uses heaters to set fire to the opponent, all drones would need coolers to defend themselves.

We have drone vs. drone combat arenas planned. I think we can experiment with allowing heaters then. But sumo should be without offensive parts.

• Like 2

Well you could design a new, underground black arena of some sorts with way less regulations and stuff like that. And the balance problems might solve themselves, because people would start using heaters or frezers6 to counteract. Oh and this could create an opportunity to create a drone that sets itself on fire then runs away and cools down which would be a great way to stop spinners, or everything else.

The balance issue isn't really an issue of balance; it's just that, Sumo being Sumo, it doesn't make sense to permit TNT, weapons, or a number of things, and heaters have weapon potential.

I think I'd prefer a combat arena rather than a specialized no-holds-barred sumo arena.

• Like 1

Id age with @Lurkily, yes you could have both kinds of sumo arena, but then it would not be sumo(where you try top get your opponent out of the ring)

In a mode with weapon combat enabled you would probably just be trying blow up or fry your opponent. It'd be better to just have a separate combat arena.