Stray Fawn Community

Creepy (unintended) things in games

Sky

Share your creepy stories of games! Of course, the creepy thing has to be something that's not intended to happen.

So, here's a story of something that happened in WolfQuest today:

I joined a Multiplayer game. One pup was already dead, and three other players were there (the journey to the rendezvous site had already begun). After a few minutes of me trying to find a place for us to cross the river, I got a message saying that my pup Umbriel died. Nobody acted like 'oh no!!' except me. I asked what he died from, they said a bear.  I noticed that in the top left corner, the paw prints showed that one pup was dead and three were alive. However, the pack stats said that only two were alive. A minute later, I was standing around guarding a pup when a gray pup without a nametag showed up. I asked if anybody else saw it, they said yes. I asked how many pups were alive... they said 3. UMBRIEL THE GHOST PUP EVERYBODY

Here's another WolfQuest story somebody I played with right after the above playthrough shared: 

They joined a multiplayer game. Only one pup was alive. The noticed that by the den, there were four pup nametags: Ato, and three other names I don't remember. The person also saw the actual pups. The pup that was alive was Miki, which is not one of the names of the ghost pups. They asked if anybody else had seen the ghost pups, everybody said no. Apparently they asked about the four ghost pups' names, and somebody said that Ato was the name of a pup in their first playthrough. That story is creepier than mine...

What other things have you guys encountered in your games (not just WolfQuest!)?

• Like 3

Ohh I have a good wolf quest story OwO

So well I was also in a multiplayer server and like there were these two wolfs who were so nice until the pups were born, both of them grabbed the pups and ran to a small lake and just chucked the pups into the water and said "These puppies are cursed". Like wot.... (Its not that creepy) Than they ran to fetch the other pups as I struggled to grab the pups in the water but they somehow were glitched and didn't let me pick them up so I just watched as the pups slowly drowned. Than the two wolfs came back with the other pups and tossed them in as well and just stood there at the edge of the water as I tried to pull the pups out the water. They died as well and as soon as the notification popped up that the pups had died the owner had left the game! like wot did I just witness..

• Like 2

I have a creepy story, but uh... It's not really appropriate, judging the age groups of the forums?

But I have another creepy story! This time in Stardew Valley.

So sometimes the character just bugs out when the sword is equipped and everything-- like the walking animation-- is disabled. I really have no clue how I did it, but you can either be creeped out or just laugh.

image.png.a108222afe49afb2dcdd28e30fd4693b.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Once I was playing slime rancher and I was returning from my Lab and I look up... A rad tabby is flying over my house and into the slime sea... happened twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1