Stray Fawn Community
Philo

New update (version 1.1.0) is on the preview branch!

AFAIK the Beta is only for Windows and the final version of the patch will then be distributed to Mac.

No the release preview branch also works on Mac and Linux. The only place we don't do Betas is on GoG.

• Like 1

I have a steam console and I want to play the new update, I don’t know how to do the steps with a controller or a keyboard, and also it as of now will only let me play the really old version bc it says I have a missing executable.... plz tell me what to do.🙁

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, brit_b_30 said:

I have a steam console and I want to play the new update, I don’t know how to do the steps with a controller or a keyboard, and also it as of now will only let me play the really old version bc it says I have a missing executable.... plz tell me what to do.🙁

If you use a steam machine, steam will run in the big picture mode. To change to the release_preview version you have to do this:
Click on Manage Game right under the Niche Logo and then click on Select Beta Button and select the release preview branch.

When it says missing executable, you should probably reinstall the game as something went wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just want to say that I made a whale island and the wing gene is a bit too common, it has made majority of my nichelings pretty useless due to having only 1 wing and most rouge mails have 1 crippled paw and 1 wing. I had a bug where I just got the wing gene unlocked without flying or anything, just inviting someone with it to my tribe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ellabellu said:

Just want to say that I made a whale island and the wing gene is a bit too common, it has made majority of my nichelings pretty useless due to having only 1 wing and most rouge mails have 1 crippled paw and 1 wing. I had a bug where I just got the wing gene unlocked without flying or anything, just inviting someone with it to my tribe.

In the new 1.1.4 version or 1.1.3 they changed the unlock mechanism for the wings again to just having to invite a creature into your tribe. So you can just mutate the crippled paws away :)

• Like 1

@LunaWoofy03
Please open the Niche ingame settings, go to graphics and set your "Animal Texture Resolution" to Ultra Low.
That might fix the problem :)
Let me know if it worked for you please ^^

Yay, great ^^

• Like 2

Is it on GOG.com yet? And I forgot my GOG.com account how will I update??

• Like 1

Yes, it's on GOG.
You probably have to reset your password on GOG.com ^^