Stray Fawn Community

Rogue Males improvements

Jojo

I had this idea for a while now and recently there was a discussion in the steam forums about the rogue males.

Now my suggestion: Rogue males won't breed with females who have a strength stat higher than their own, example: rogue male has a strength of 1 here in your tribe you have your warrior queen with a strength of 7 she hits the rogue male and with the current mechanics it would still breed with her, even though that is kind of unrealistic. New mechanic it wouldn't breed with her. But if your female only has a strength of one and the rogue male does as well, it would breed with her.

Also rogue males shouldn't breed with toxic body females, like they don't breed with spiky body females. 

Alternative mechanics: strong females have to hit the rogue male at least once to scare him off. Rogue males don't breed with sick females.

• Like 1

Good idea. If I may extend, maybe rogue males will attack males as someone said above but also babies too? In real life, males of some species will kill a female's children before they breed with them as to ensure that only their genes are passed down. Maybe rogue males could also be more or less likely to breed with females based on their proximity to other nichelings as well. For example, no nichelings in the adjacent tiles of the female the rogue male is trying to breed with could be the normal rate, and for every nicheling in a adjacent tile the rate of them trying to breed would go down around 5-10% based on difficulty of islands (lower percentage, higher island difficulty, vice versa).

• Like 1

I would really appreciate being able to tell a rogue male to back off. It never made much sense to me when the scrawny fellows managed to breed with my big bodied poisoned fanged girls that attack them.

I'm also seeing comments about rogue males attacking males in the tribe or babies. Maybe there could be a variant of rogue males that are bigger, stronger, and overall more aggressive. Heck we could call them "aggressive males" or something similar. They could appear on harder  islands, seeking to breed with females and take out any competition for themselves and their young.

The only problem I see if programming said males to recognize their own young.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how well this would work, but how about giving rogue males a range or territory. Most mammals are territorial anyway. Maybe make it so rogue males will patrol a certain nest and few food sources but won't leave their territory unless your females get too close.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought of something that could tie in with Rogue Males! Maybe call them Rogue Females or Lonely Ladies? They could be like dodomingos and steal your nests, but only after breeding with your males, or maybe even breeding with Rogue  Males! Then the babies will be part of your tribe as the females go off to breed some more. Think of it as the niche version of a cuckoo; cuckoos lay their eggs in a stranger's nest and leave it there for the strangers to take care of.

I'm not sure how well this would work, but how about giving rogue males a range or territory. Most mammals are territorial anyway. Maybe make it so rogue males will patrol a certain nest and few food sources but won't leave their territory unless your females get too close.

The thing is, they're rogue males, which generally implies they've either left or been outcast from wherever they're from, and are just wanderers.

I just thought of something that could tie in with Rogue Males! Maybe call them Rogue Females or Lonely Ladies? They could be like dodomingos and steal your nests, but only after breeding with your males, or maybe even breeding with Rogue  Males! Then the babies will be part of your tribe as the females go off to breed some more. Think of it as the niche version of a cuckoo; cuckoos lay their eggs in a stranger's nest and leave it there for the strangers to take care of.

I think Rouge Females are a must but as trouble for the tribe. Rouge Females could fight Tribe Females for the nest, steal the nest and produce more rouges / non tribe animals, or even try to steal tribe babies if the baby is unattended, barren Rouge Females might try to steal babies for example.

Even if you don't like my version I think you should add Rouge Females / Lonely Ladies as a new topic. :)

I think Rouge Females are a must but as trouble for the tribe. Rouge Females could fight Tribe Females for the nest, steal the nest and produce more rouges / non tribe animals, or even try to steal tribe babies if the baby is unattended, barren Rouge Females might try to steal babies for example.

Even if you don't like my version I think you should add Rouge Females / Lonely Ladies as a new topic. :)

Unfortunately I've already posted three topics, and that's the limit they told us in the rules xD So I can't, but if you haven't and you want to, go right ahead! I like your idea, by the way- especially the part about stealing babies! It shouldn't be like with the bluebird, though; you should be able to take the baby back if you kill her, like with Bearyenas.