Stray Fawn Community

i rate pokemon

Goggles-kun

7 hours ago, YambOwO said:

Garchomp?

The slaughter shark!

Gen 4 was certainly a very nice generation for some overpowered Pokémon, and garchomp is not an exception. With nicely balanced stats and wonderful moves it can learn, garchomp is a valuable member of any Pokémon team succeeding Gen 4. Just like flygon, having a Pokémon be a dual-type dragon works wonders in the long run, as dragon moves are very powerful. Its added ground type can also deal some nice blows to your enemies as well. Overall a great pseudo-legendary— maybe the best? 8/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: while garchomp is a very valuable Pokémon, its design is unexpectedly strange. It’s as if GameFreak didn’t really have any ideas for a pseudo-legendary at the time and garchomp was the result of a late-night Jaws binge watch.

88549B73-F474-4A45-B10C-8CE2CCFB062A.thumb.jpeg.e063e99c8de28c324c37b978e1a0cfa1.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Robin’s Personal Comments: phah. Skarmory has a better base defense... it’s only better than corviknight in defense... I should really get out of my Johto-loving echo chamber sometime soon.

Corviknight looks better though. 

12 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

yet people wouldn’t actually want to have them on their team unless they wanted a boltund.

*snorts* My Yamper gets MVP on Raihan cause it learned on of my only fairy moves— of course it got switch out when Dynamax lighter skyscraper Dino (i seriously forgot the name lmao.) came out.

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, Goggles-kun said:

Johto echo chamber best echo chamber. 

(though in all honesty, Pokémon design doesn’t necessarily matter— the stats matter)

(Brownie points)

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, Sky said:

dedenne, wobuffet, and chespin/chesnaught! 

I’ll do it from dedenne up. (I assume you’re talking about the chespin line? Since you didn’t mention quilladin I won’t mention them.)

Don’t worry guys, dedenne isn’t a pikachu clone because it’s also a fairy type!
Jokes aside, like the rest of the uninspired clone line, dedenne’s lack of an original concept and unfortunate one-stage evolution line doesn’t do it any good in the long run. Even though its base stats are superior than the actual pikachu, it really is the most unoriginal in terms of the pikachu clone line— and the entire dex. 2.5/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: saying a pikachu clone is your favorite Pokémon rings along the same tone as “pikachu IS my favorite Pokémon, it’s just that I like its redesigns.” I still do not consider pichu to be a pikachu clone.

0670DA96-C435-43BB-98BD-AFF0F37C2891.png.51deff50733b042782b1322ed6111150.png

Did you know wobbuffet has one of the best base hp stats out of any Pokémon?
...that’s where the good things about wobbuffet ends. After digging through serebii for a hot second, wobbuffet truly appears to be one of the worst Pokémon to have on a competitive team. In Gen 8, it can only learn eight moves by leveling up, four moves by evolution, two moves by TM and two moves by TR. That’s a collective 16 total moves it can learn. Compare this to the aforementioned dedenne, which in generation 7 (dedenne isn’t in the Galar dex), can learn more than 40 moves. This really is such a shame, because wobbuffet has a quirky and cute design. 2/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: it’s like a chansey. Fundamentally useless? Yes. Has an exponential base hp stat that’s more unreasonable than anything else? Absolutely. At least it can learn counter and mirror coat.

5CBB4E57-8435-42AE-931C-5D2C441333F9.jpeg.341a64579eb8bb58c01c775aa0896645.jpeg

Ah, the chespin line, otherwise known as the “chesnaught doesn’t learn a fighting move until level sixty!” line. I like to give grass types nice buffers for being immune to spore attacks (poison, paralysis, etc.), but grass/fighting is such a... weird... really weird typing. I get that chesnaught was supposed to be a dual-type with something that would make people who chose froakie cower in fear, but... it’s just so weird. I don’t like it at all. But, hey— those are some really nice base defense and attack stats! 6/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: if you want a BETTER chesnaught, get a torterra. Torrterras have better stats in general and could probably pave a chesnaught into the ground with ease. Also, don’t mind the chosen image— I couldn’t find any good non-Sugimori art of the entire line.

088B2D8C-30C1-44AC-BE24-6B6C2AD206EB.thumb.jpeg.9d1220744c8e6eb27214b1a8aeb3f937.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

Corviknight looks better though. 

*snorts* My Yamper gets MVP on Raihan cause it learned on of my only fairy moves— of course it got switch out when Dynamax lighter skyscraper Dino (i seriously forgot the name lmao.) came out.

Also, skyscraper dino is called duraludon. Didn’t say that to be mean, just wanted to remind you.

• Paw up 1

10 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I’ll do it from dedenne up. (I assume you’re talking about the chespin line? Since you didn’t mention quilladin I won’t mention them.)

Don’t worry guys, dedenne isn’t a pikachu clone because it’s also a fairy type!
Jokes aside, like the rest of the uninspired clone line, dedenne’s lack of an original concept and unfortunate one-stage evolution line doesn’t do it any good in the long run. Even though its base stats are superior than the actual pikachu, it really is the most unoriginal in terms of the pikachu clone line— and the entire dex. 2.5/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: saying a pikachu clone is your favorite Pokémon rings along the same tone as “pikachu IS my favorite Pokémon, it’s just that I like its redesigns.” I still do not consider pichu to be a pikachu clone.

0670DA96-C435-43BB-98BD-AFF0F37C2891.png.51deff50733b042782b1322ed6111150.png

Did you know wobbuffet has one of the best base hp stats out of any Pokémon?
...that’s where the good things about wobbuffet ends. After digging through serebii for a hot second, wobbuffet truly appears to be one of the worst Pokémon to have on a competitive team. In Gen 8, it can only learn eight moves by leveling up, four moves by evolution, two moves by TM and two moves by TR. That’s a collective 16 total moves it can learn. Compare this to the aforementioned dedenne, which in generation 7 (dedenne isn’t in the Galar dex), can learn more than 40 moves. This really is such a shame, because wobbuffet has a quirky and cute design. 2/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: it’s like a chansey. Fundamentally useless? Yes. Has an exponential base hp stat that’s more unreasonable than anything else? Absolutely. At least it can learn counter and mirror coat.

5CBB4E57-8435-42AE-931C-5D2C441333F9.jpeg.341a64579eb8bb58c01c775aa0896645.jpeg

Ah, the chespin line, otherwise known as the “chesnaught doesn’t learn a fighting move until level sixty!” line. I like to give grass types nice buffers for being immune to spore attacks (poison, paralysis, etc.), but grass/fighting is such a... weird... really weird typing. I get that chesnaught was supposed to be a dual-type with something that would make people who chose froakie cower in fear, but... it’s just so weird. I don’t like it at all. But, hey— those are some really nice base defense and attack stats! 6/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: if you want a BETTER chesnaught, get a torterra. Torrterras have better stats in general and could probably pave a chesnaught into the ground with ease. Also, don’t mind the chosen image— I couldn’t find any good non-Sugimori art of the entire line.

088B2D8C-30C1-44AC-BE24-6B6C2AD206EB.thumb.jpeg.9d1220744c8e6eb27214b1a8aeb3f937.jpeg

I don't like pikachu but dedenne is my favorite pokemon (I even have a plush of it!). Wobuffet is another favorite (also own a plushie). And Chespin will forever be my favorite starter (Chester the Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught will forever hold a place in my heart).

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

4 minutes ago, Sky said:

I don't like pikachu but dedenne is my favorite pokemon (I even have a plush of it!). Wobuffet is another favorite (also own a plushie). And Chespin will forever be my favorite starter (Chester the Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught will forever hold a place in my heart).

I have a pichu plush that I found on the floor of a GameStop! Maybe it can be friends with your dedenne :) 

image.thumb.jpg.b4eaf2cdf3e8cb5aab78ece39cc2c9c4.jpg

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I have a pichu plush that I found on the floor of a GameStop! Maybe it can be friends with your dedenne :) 

image.thumb.jpg.b4eaf2cdf3e8cb5aab78ece39cc2c9c4.jpg

Poor pichu...

Can you rate Noibat/Noivern. Noivern is a Pokémon you can’t outrun in sw/SH so it’s scary in lake of outrage when there are a million.

• Paw up 1

14 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Poor pichu...

Can you rate Noibat/Noivern. Noivern is a Pokémon you can’t outrun in sw/SH so it’s scary in lake of outrage when there are a million.

I also got an ampharos from the same GameStop that was on the same shelf for six months. It was so dirty. They’re living a happy life with all my other Pokémon plushies on a shelf in my closet now. 

Oh, uh... the noibat line. Surprise surprise, this is a Gen 6 Pokémon I actually like next to sylveon, yveltal, and greninja. Oh yeah, this isn’t supposed to be biased. Oops.

While noibat is another Pokémon people would normally get just to evolve it to noivern, its balanced stats are quite... satisfying? Dunno. It’s not sunkern stats bad, just strangely balanced. Noibat, though, trumps a lot of other Pokémon when it comes to its speed. It’s nicely placed at a base speed stat of 123, which somehow trumps greninja’s base speed by one point. Though when noibat and noivern are compared to other Pokémon that fall under the same typing (i.e. dragonite), it’s shown to be quite apparent that noiverns might make a cozy place on your team if you can handle its otherwise normal base stats. 7/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: I LOVE ITS SHINY! I actually had a noivern on my team for a little while before I switched it out for a zweilous. Jade the noivern serviced me well. May she ever rest so peacefully in Box 6.

C5A5BCCF-DDF9-4C4C-B45B-C2663B5E2ED9.jpeg.068b61c186a4f351ed36b1ba0b9e8514.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I also got an ampharos from the same GameStop that was on the same shelf for six months. It was so dirty. They’re living a happy life with all my other Pokémon plushies on a shelf in my closet now. 

Oh, uh... the noibat line. Surprise surprise, this is a Gen 6 Pokémon I actually like next to sylveon, yveltal, and greninja. Oh yeah, this isn’t supposed to be biased. Oops.

While noibat is another Pokémon people would normally get just to evolve it to noivern, its balanced stats are quite... satisfying? Dunno. It’s not sunkern stats bad, just strangely balanced. Noibat, though, trumps a lot of other Pokémon when it comes to its speed. It’s nicely placed at a base speed stat of 123, which somehow trumps greninja’s base speed by one point. Though when noibat and noivern are compared to other Pokémon that fall under the same typing (i.e. dragonite), it’s shown to be quite apparent that noiverns might make a cozy place on your team if you can handle its otherwise normal base stats. 7/10.

Robin’s Personal Comments: I LOVE ITS SHINY! I actually had a noivern on my team for a little while before I switched it out for a zweilous. Jade the noivern serviced me well. May she ever rest so peacefully in Box 6.

C5A5BCCF-DDF9-4C4C-B45B-C2663B5E2ED9.jpeg.068b61c186a4f351ed36b1ba0b9e8514.jpeg

Gosh- now I need the Goodra line. (I’m the person screaming “IDC WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS A DRAGON AAAAA.)

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Aetherskye said:

Gosh- now I need the Goodra line. (I’m the person screaming “IDC WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS A DRAGON AAAAA.)

I think I have a goomy in a box somewhere. You got sword or shield?

1 hour ago, Goggles-kun said:

I think I have a goomy in a box somewhere. You got sword or shield?

Sword. I have a goodra. I meant I need on to be rated lmao. 😛 (I mean, I will always take more...)

• Paw up 1

26 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Sword. I have a goodra. I meant I need on to be rated lmao. 😛 (I mean, I will always take more...)

Goodra line? Got it

This is a personal opinion, but goodra was such a wasted potential. I love dragon types so much, but you’re going to have a dragon type only get to learn two dragon moves? I feel like goodra and its predecessors would benefit if it were dual-typed with something else like fairy or normal. Sticky, sticky girl. Really nice special attack base stats, though. 6...? 5? 5.5/10?

Robin’s Personal Comments: ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GOOGLE GOODRA, EVEN IF YOU HAVE SAFE SEARCH ON. The first results for goodra are all weird sexual and fetish stuff. I had to dig a little more to find suitable artwork. ‘Das nasty.

6B8BBBEF-89F3-4FC5-8F54-068765A53F9E.thumb.jpeg.85c86542b7a64a5093695e0870e1d25d.jpeg

On 5/4/2020 at 1:34 AM, gamingcookie said:

Rotom

(am I the only one that gets pokemon because they look cute or I like their design instead of their stats or evolutions..)

Forgot to do this yesterday. Oops!

Rotom (fun fact: it’s “motor” backwards) is an example of a cute idea on the surface but still executed in a weird way. Its balanced, bad stats send it to the box as opposed to a nice, comfy place on your team. Only a base hp stat of 50? Aw... iconic, but not particularly memorable. 4...? 4.5/10?

Robin’s Personal Comments: hey, I know Pokédex rotom! It’s the guy on the bottom screen of my 3DS that won’t shut it! 
D7C59B3D-1099-4EAA-9D3B-E82C5DDDF234.thumb.png.fc2b9bfbf57b4319873b883f13ab5b27.png

On 5/3/2020 at 2:14 AM, Goggles-kun said:

Personally I’ve never been able to get a sirfetch’d, but its base fighting stat looks really fantastic

I've actually gotten two! one on my main save file, and another on my Nuzlocke file which was like, the most stressful time of my life. Yes I just wanted to brag.

Just now, Aetherskye said:

I JUST BEAT LEON WITH 4HP AND ONE POKEMON LEFT. PLZ EXPLAIN. MORPEKO OP. FRIENDSHIP OP.

Rate morepeko. (This is also in nuzlocke and I was supposed to lose that for reasons :^ morepeko had other ideas.)

• Paw up 1

2 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

Rate morepeko. (This is also in nuzlocke and I was supposed to lose that for reasons :^ morepeko had other ideas.)

Sigh Another pikaclone? I can do that.

Trust me guys, morpeko isn’t a pikaclone because it’s actually a guinea pig!

Aside from that, I’d say morpeko strives to be a bit more than a pikaclone with its full belly and hangry mode, but also nearly has the same body proportions as pikachu. However, morpeko does have better overall stats as opposed to pikachu! But similarly to dedenne, its uninspired origin and one-stage evolution doesn’t do it justice. 4/10

Robin’s Personal Comments: Marnie is cuter than morpeko, change my mind

0E562BB3-3C10-4C8D-987A-351247435245.thumb.jpeg.ef4bd926d3fab0876ec37e8e36e17ac6.jpeg

• Eek! 1

So far I have NOT gotten a Pokémon from generation seven (Sun/Moon). If you have a Pokémon you like from Gen 7, definitely show me it!

Also haven’t gotten a mythical or legendary Pokémon yet if that’s your thing

1 hour ago, pebbleheart said:

i only do pokecord and catch cute pokemon

We had pokecord on a friend’s server. It spammed us random Pokémon in conversations, but at least I was somehow able to catch a litten and evolve it