Stray Fawn Community

The Long Dark

Applesauce

I have no idea how many of you play it, but if you do, this the place to discuss. Anything is good. Like how many days you got under your belt, where are you in the game, or what you had to do to get your last meal? I'm curious, so share your stories 🙂

• Eek! 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My favourite time lasted only two days but it was worth it. I spawned in a cave at mystery lake and somehow assumed I didn't have a flare. I survived the first day and night without finding any man-made structures. Sure, I had to sleep inside a hollow tree on a ledge and then continue climbing in the middle of the night but it was worth it. Then I got eaten by a wolf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkey Mooses said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My favourite time lasted only two days but it was worth it. I spawned in a cave at mystery lake and somehow assumed I didn't have a flare. I survived the first day and night without finding any man-made structures. Sure, I had to sleep inside a hollow tree on a ledge and then continue climbing in the middle of the night but it was worth it. Then I got eaten by a wolf.

rip I hate wolves (not irl). I couldn't shoot one if my life depended on in, literally. I have terrible aim, but I'm trying to get better. Once I got attack by one and I smashed it with a hammer. Only took once blow to scare it, and no blood was spilt (at least not mine.) That was a good day.

Also I didn't know you could sleep in a hollow tree. That's pretty cool.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Applesauce said:

rip I hate wolves (not irl). I couldn't shoot one if my life depended on in, literally. I have terrible aim, but I'm trying to get better. Once I got attack by one and I smashed it with a hammer. Only took once blow to scare it, and no blood was spilt (at least not mine.) That was a good day.

Also I didn't know you could sleep in a hollow tree. That's pretty cool.

there's a hollow tree on a ledge. I can fit half of my sleeping bad in there

I'm pretty good at throwing rocks at rabbits

• Like 1

Just now, Monkey Mooses said:

there's a hollow tree on a ledge. I can fit half of my sleeping bad in there

I'm pretty good at throwing rocks at rabbits

Right now I get my food primarily from fishing, but I should start stunning rabbits. Especially considering that my current base is Jackrabbit Island, where surprisingly, there is an abundance of rabbits.

• Like 1

I've checked it out on youtube and it seems pretty cool so far. But, not sure if I can run it :/

my laptop has been reliable otherwise, but can get very hot within minutes, as I bought it for non-gaming purposes. It could run any older game fine so far, though? It's not one to crash, unless a step away from melting.

What are you playing it on?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

I've checked it out on youtube and it seems pretty cool so far. But, not sure if I can run it :/

my laptop has been reliable otherwise, but can get very hot within minutes, as I bought it for non-gaming purposes. It could run any older game fine so far, though? It's not one to crash, unless a step away from melting.

X-box

1 hour ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

I'm playing it on a normal laptop the battery drains fast but if you keep it plugged in its fine

• Like 1

Shot another deer, this time no wolf (after I had a little tussle with one that happened to be in the area). Now I have a lot of meat, it's going bad pretty quick. I think putting it outside hile help preserve it. idk what yous guys think.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Applesauce said:

Shot another deer, this time no wolf (after I had a little tussle with one that happened to be in the area). Now I have a lot of meat, it's going bad pretty quick. I think putting it outside hile help preserve it. idk what yous guys think.

opps, that's supposed to be while. I think far faster than I type. Anyways I was right, leaving meat outside will help preserve it. Especially cooked meat.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm bumbing this thread because I have a theory. (this has some spoilers if you've never been to coastal highway. and if you know anything about this, DON'T SPOIL. I want to test it for me self)

I was recently exploring the cinder hill mines in coastal highway and if you've ever been there, you know that there's two parts. One at the top of the moutian (where u can go to pleasant vally) and one near the log sort. The one near the log sort seems to be very short compaired to the other mines I've been in and doesn't come out anywhere. It only leads to a old and seemingly broken elevator. But when you enter that same abandoned mine, you get a location trigger that says something about leaving the region, exactly like the tigger you get when going into the other mine (the one that leads to pleasant vally) How can I leave when there's only one entrance??? Suspicion levels through the roof. 

Bottom line is that I'm 95% sure that the two are contected through the elevator. I think that there's more to that elevator than it seems. Maybe it works during the auroras because of electricity?! That might be a strech, but who knows? And if it did, that would be one awesome short-cut.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my ted talk. If you read through all that your a saint, because my thoughts can be very messy. Also I've been obbsessed with this game and I feel like this is a safe place to share our obsessions, even if no one cares.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I’m reviving this topic cause I KILLED A BEAR TODAY :D. It might be a small task for some but holy moly not for me

it was the one from the birch forest in PV. Man came on to my property, strutting his big butt around like he owned the place (the barn) and I didn’t have much else to do. I’m so happy :’)

• Eek! 1

13 hours ago, Applesauce said:

I’m reviving this topic cause I KILLED A BEAR TODAY :D. It might be a small task for some but holy moly not for me

it was the one from the birch forest in PV. Man came on to my property, strutting his big butt around like he owned the place (the barn) and I didn’t have much else to do. I’m so happy :’)

Woah! Good job!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...