Stray Fawn Community

Create-A-World/Create-A-Sim

Sky

Here, we'll make a world together, which I will make a sim for. Others may use the world as they please, and use this building concept for theirselves as well, as long as they give credit (me for original idea, community for the rest).

how it works

so basically I ask a world or character-building question, then the first two people to give their suggestions (one per person) get their suggestions voted on. The suggestions are voted upon by everyone who did not suggest by reacting to their favorite with 'Thanks'. At some point I'll come back (this could be an hour later or a week later, it just depends) and announce the winner and next question.

If the question is more "multiple choice" than "fill in", and both suggestions are the same, then voting will not be necessary, and we'll go with what both people said.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

FIRST QUESTION

Does the story take place on earth (in an alternate universe, so anything can happen still) or on a different planet?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

oHo, this is interesting

here's my answer:

This story takes place on Neptune, the coldest known planet in our Solar System. Considering the planet's extreme cold (-350 degrees Farenheit and -214 degrees Celsius), any living organism would need to either have very dense and thick fur, have a strong and effective way of keeping heat inside their body, or be extremely resistant to these sorts of harsh temperatures. (the last of which is not common, and is usually found in micro-organisms) 

10 hours ago, Possum Girl said:

oHo, this is interesting

here's my answer:

This story takes place on Neptune, the coldest known planet in our Solar System. Considering the planet's extreme cold (-350 degrees Farenheit and -214 degrees Celsius), any living organism would need to either have very dense and thick fur, have a strong and effective way of keeping heat inside their body, or be extremely resistant to these sorts of harsh temperatures. (the last of which is not common, and is usually found in micro-organisms) 

so... "different planet"? we can build up everything else later. (if "different planet" wins, then we'll move onto choosing an already existing planet or making a new one, and keep on going)

Now because I'm the one who's going to have to make a sim out of this world, I'm going to try and make things easier for me and make suggestions too.

I would like it to be a different world. we could make it earth like climate and flora & fauna wise, but different land and water shapes and such. (we'll have to vote on these parts later though.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, E E E E E E (Ireland) said:

Yes different planet

Since both suggestions are the same, then "different planet" automatically wins :)

(p.s. for future reference, only the first two suggestions count and can be voted on. you can vote on which is your favorite by reacting on that suggestion with "Thanks"!)

• Paw up 1

since both suggestions are the same, this story will take place on a planet that is not earth.

next question:

Is this a planet we already know of (Neptune, Mars, whatever), or a completely new one (that we'll make up)?

(p.s. I will make suggestions for things like I just did, but I'll give you guys some time to answer first)

Completely new it is! (Sorry @Possum Girl)

Next question:

What is the planet itself like? Many different biomes, or only one or two? How much water is there? Etc.

Make up the planet yourself. There is no need to add specifics about the flora, fauna, or people (save for things that are very attached to how the planet is, like "plants and animals are adapted to having little water" or "due to how little land (and thus trees) there is, trees are considered sacred") That stuff (plus naming the planet) will come later. 

This sounds complicated so I'll give an example. This does not count as a suggestion. You can submit this as a suggestion if you wish to do so though. I may submit it if there aren't enough submissions.

The planet is about 85% water. Most landmass is broken into jungle islands. Most cities and villages are made in the water or in trees, as there isn't much land. Trees are considered sacred to most of the population; trees are only cut down when it is clear that they will not live much longer, which means there is very little paper and wood based things (like paper or logs). Many trees are very tall, since they are never cut down. 

(Just so you know, here's a few upcoming topics: planet name, technological advancement, main species)

1 minute ago, Sky said:

Completely new it is! (Sorry @Possum Girl)

Next question:

What is the planet itself like? Many different biomes, or only one or two? How much water is there? 

Make up the planet yourself. There is no need to add specifics about the flora, fauna, or people (save for things that are very attached to how the planet is, like "plants and animals are adapted to having little water" or "due to how little land (and thus trees) there is, trees are considered sacred") That stuff (plus naming the planet) will come later. 

This sounds complicated so I'll give an example. This does not count as a suggestion. You can submit this as a suggestion if you wish to do so though. I may submit it if there aren't enough submissions.

The planet is about 85% water. Most landmass is broken into jungle islands. Most cities and villages are made in the water or in trees, as there isn't much land. Trees are considered sacred to most of the population; trees are only cut down when it is clear that they will not live much longer, which means there is very little paper and wood based things (like paper or logs). Many trees are very tall, since they are never cut down. 

(Just so you know, here's a few upcoming topics: planet name, technological advancement, main species)

Lots of biomes! Many huge lakes! Arid places, humid places, all that fun stuff!

• Thanks 1

I actually really like my example now I'm making it an official suggestion. Here it is again:

Now, let the voting commence!

4 hours ago, Dark Lisa said:

Could you give more detail? Would there be oceans, or just "huge lakes?" It sounds to me like you're describing a very earth-like planet, which is fine, but I just want to make sure that's what you mean. An earth-like planet would have the terrain, biomes, etc of earth, but different land and water shapes. (Flora and fauna could be same as earth, mostly like earth, or unique)

1 hour ago, Sky said:

Could you give more detail? Would there be oceans, or just "huge lakes?" It sounds to me like you're describing a very earth-like planet, which is fine, but I just want to make sure that's what you mean. An earth-like planet would have the terrain, biomes, etc of earth, but different land and water shapes. (Flora and fauna could be same as earth, mostly like earth, or unique)

Well it's basically inside out earth, what I'm describing. There are many biomes, but not much salt water. Most water is fresh, and there is no ocean. All bodies of water are surrounded by land. And it shoudnt be the same flora and fauna as earth, so not as much green.

• Paw up 1

I can't get why you guys just want earth without oceans instead my idea but alrighty then

1 hour ago, Dark Lisa said:

Well it's basically inside out earth, what I'm describing. There are many biomes, but not much salt water. Most water is fresh, and there is no ocean. All bodies of water are surrounded by land. And it shoudnt be the same flora and fauna as earth, so not as much green.

I'm alittle confused. So, basically earth but no ocean (and land looks different, and different flora and fauna)?

• Paw up 1

On 8/3/2020 at 2:13 PM, Dark Lisa said:

On 8/3/2020 at 8:17 PM, Dark Lisa said:

Lisa's suggestion wins! 

Next up:

How many moons does the planet have, and what are their names? What are some of the constellations someone may see from the surface of the planet?

(Next we'll vote on a map for the planet, then name it)

13 minutes ago, Sky said:

Lisa's suggestion wins! 

Next up:

How many moons does the planet have, and what are their names? What are some of the constellations someone may see from the surface of the planet?

(Next we'll vote on a map for the planet, then name it)

This planet has two moons,

The first one is about the size of Mars's moons, in the past few years, it is on the edge of breaking apart from meteors hitting it. It has been named Apollo.

The second one is a earth-like moon, but without land and just ocean. It is filled with strange ocean creatures. It was given the name Proserpina.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sky said:

There are 2 moons. The larger is mostly land, and its name is Terramor. The smaller is almost completely water, and is named Aquamor.

(no constellation ideas so maybe make that a separate question-)

• Thanks 1
  • Paw up 1