Stray Fawn Community

An OC story- The Tales of Tiberius

BirbMonster

“Ah, Tiberius, there you are,”

His father hadn’t noticed that he’d been missing. Only seen him near the entrance he’d left through. 

“Why are you over here?”

“Well..” he lied “I saw that Opal had fallen asleep, so I decided to stand here and keep watch,”

“That’s great, son,”

His father stared at Opal, who was still splayed out on the floor, eyes closed.

“Opal.”

“OPAL!”

Opal slowly rose to their feet, “Wha…”

“Opal! You’re dismissed!”

“I’m what?”

“Dismissed. You’ll have a different job, not guarding this entrance. You fell asleep. This is the fourth time this week, and its Wednesday,”

“Ahhh…. I see,”

“Tiberius,”

Tiberius braced himself. He already knew what was going to happen. 

“Will you guard this entrance?”

“But… I don’t want to,”

“Nobody wants to, nobody attacks us anyways. But I will give you this job for now, to hone your patience,”

He grumbled. There wasn’t really a point arguing anymore. 

It seemed as if time was passing slower than a slug with a broken leg. He paced around for hours, staring at the walls and watching fireflies pass. 

Suddenly, he noticed something. A light moving, too bright to be a firefly. And indeed it wasn’t. It was a small, orange and white creature with massive black eyes, flying lopsidedly, struggling with something heavy attached to its talons.

“Hey!” He shouted, jumping up and grabbing the creature. “Are you from Fire Haven?”

It only squealed, gesturing with one ear at the thing it was carrying.

“What the..”

He tore it off carefully, the creature still watching. 

It was a letter, and a tiny bottle of black liquid.

The writing of the letter was only slightly different to the way his own tribe wrote. 

“Hi Tiberius,

We are writing to you to inform you of the fact that we wish to see you again. According to Bamboo, the two of you have met, and you are able to “mind control” others. If this is true, perhaps you could “control” us to know where you are, making it easier for us to meet. Write back to us with the parchment and ink we have provided. Signed,

signature.thumb.png.12ee54f4a090dcd1b8b9713cda066362.png

He pulled up the other sheet. Would this idea work? What was he supposed to write? 

Suddenly, he felt booming footsteps behind him.

“Tiberius, what is that?”

“It's… uhh…”

Before he could make up a believable lie, the letter was swiftly snatched out of his claws. 

“Who are Bamboo and Raptor? Those are not the names of any tribe members,”

Several Trings were gathering around, curious about what was going on. 

“They’re… umm… uhhhhh,”

“Are they the monsters you spoke to?”
“Errr… yeah….”

Tiberius’ father viciously tore the letter in half.

“YOU HAVE GONE A STEP TOO FAR, TRAITOR!”

Geode spoke up suddenly. “Traitor? Stalagmite, isn’t that too far? He is your son,” 

He simply snarled. “Do not use my name. I am your chief!”

Roaring again, he struck Tiberius with one huge paw. He blacked out for a moment, before slipping awake to see Geode standing in front of him.

“You can’t do this,”

“And I also can’t let him go unpunished, and if I simply let him go, he can’t be trusted while he knows where Fire Haven is,”

“Please, leave him be!”

Stalagmite shoved Geode aside, advancing towards Tiberius, not saying a word, just preparing for another strike. 

Before his father’s claws could crash down on his spine, Tiberius rolled aside, weakly staggering to his feet as the rest of the Trings simply stared in shock and fear.

“Tiberius, run!” Geode cried out. 

Why was she risking so much to defend him? But he didn’t need to be asked twice. Dropping down on all fours, to be as quick as possible, he sprinted off into the caverns, only hearing the shouting of his father and Geode’s final cry:

“Take off the ring,or he’ll know where you are!”

After tumbling to a staggering stop a few dozen turns from the camp, he pulled off the ring he’d been given only a few days ago, ignoring the pain and simply crushing it beneath his feet.

But the memories of his way around the tunnels were now fading from his mind. 

There was only one way to go. 

Running at full speed, he instinctively bolted down the corridor. Thank goodness the way to Fire Haven from here was simple. 

He could already hear the same song, the one that had played when he was leading Bamboo and Raptor home. 

The monsters stopped singing to watch him stumble blindly out of the caves. Barely paying attention to which direction he was going, Tiberius suddenly crashed straight into something, or, now that he knew, someone made of stone and lava, and felt a burning sensation before falling unconscious entirely.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BirbMaster2 said:

Where the current timeline is, Ember is like, a young adult and Tiberius is very old so it makes sense that she won’t exist when Tiberius is a child.

Just the same species

what about scorch?

9 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

but im still afraid people will think its crinig (dont ask why i spelled cringe like that lmao)

I had the same thought posting this, but people on the forums are very kind and never call art or stories or anything people worked hard on cringe, so feel free to post what you want! (unless it breaks forum rules)

Just now, BirbMaster said:

I had the same thought posting this, but people on the forums are very kind and never call art or stories or anything people worked hard on cringe, so feel free to post what you want! (unless it breaks forum rules)

Jelly beans 😻