Stray Fawn Community

wallowing in mud

kakapo123

Many animals wallow in mud to discourage pests. They also do this to cool down and for camouflage

If a nicheling is standing in a puddle, it will have an option to wallow in the mud. The nicheling will then be covered in mud for 1-3 days, which would add bug repellent and one camouflage when in the swamp biome to stats. The bug repellent stat would stop bug swarms from infecting the nicheling with sleeping sickness while it is covered in mud

Nolan_warthog_(Phacochoerus_africanus_africanus)_in_mud.jpg

India-Elephants7-WildlifeSOS-1024x682.jpg

Mud_buffalo.jpg

• Like 1

8 replies to this post

As said above part of it is already in the game but I think your ideas are nice additions to it. Currently I think mud doesn't do much so it giving a cool down effect and bug repellent sounds amazing. Both for the swamp and jungle :D

I would also like a little graphic display when a Nicheling is covered in mud. That would be adorable :D

13 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Mud is already in Jungle biomes. When a creature is on top of a mud tile, they have the option to roll in in, which gives them camouflage for a while. 

Ooft, really? o.O Whenever I've played in the swamp biome and I've had a nicheling standing in a puddle I've never noticed this, is it only in the jungle biome? I've not played in any jungle islands yet, my computers a right pain in the ass and won't handle anything beyond the easy islands for more than about 15 days ¬¬

49 minutes ago, BirdsAreCool said:

Ooft, really? o.O Whenever I've played in the swamp biome and I've had a nicheling standing in a puddle I've never noticed this, is it only in the jungle biome? I've not played in any jungle islands yet, my computers a right pain in the ass and won't handle anything beyond the easy islands for more than about 15 days ¬¬

yes, it's only in the jungle. The puddles in the swamp are just rain puddles (I think).