Stray Fawn Community

Bunny Tail And Ears

Renio2490

Could there be bunny ears and a puff tail? For the ears it would add 3+ hearing and 3+ heat resistance, for the puff tail, +1 distasteful appearance. Puffy tail and Big bunny ears. Different bunny ears! Floppy bunny ears, lop ears and others have not so floppity loppity ears.

• Like 3

11 replies to this post

Those stats are REALLY overpowered. A rabbit's tail doesn't help it's speed. however, it confuses a predator when they move it around so much, Thus maybe it could have +1 Distasteful Appearance (not really distasteful buuut)? The rabbit ears are also op. They should, at the very least, be toned down to +3 hearing and +3 Heat Resistance-- though I would rather it be +2 hearing and +2 Heat Resistance instead.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Veroni said:

I think they actually just signal to other rabbits with it (like deer). 

Maybe not every new body part has to have new or better stats than existing parts. 

Here are close-ups of bunny tails for reference:

tail2.thumb.jpg.d3cebb9a5cd8545c2ce6eabe826ae472.jpgtail1.thumb.jpg.0e478f5e04c363728328538b6bca85b4.jpgtail3.thumb.jpg.397c1f023be31d80cf02499af99a3706.jpg

Here's a quote from a website I was looking at:

"Because these white tails are very noticeable, predators focus on these bright spots — but at the expense of focusing on the larger animal. When a rabbit or deer executes an evasive maneuver, like a sharp turn, the spot suddenly disappears, causing the predator to readjust its focus on the camouflaged coat. This will cost it some vital time, giving the prey animal those precious added seconds to escape."

• Like 2

This is a cool idea, but there are a few things I would change. I would base the ears off of something like the jackrabbit, who actually lives in a hot climate and has ears adapted for letting off heat, rather than a domestic bunny, who is adapted for a temperate climate which doesn't experience extreme heat or cold. I would also give it the same stats as the big ears. As @Veroni said, not every new part has to have better stats or new features

Lop ears would be a cute cosmetic trait, but would come with no benefits and would interfere with hearing. I wouldn't mind seeing it added in the game though. It could perhaps be added in a separate gene slot so it could affect all eat types (lop ears show up in dogs, cats and goats, maybe more, as well as rabbits). It could leave the nicheling with only 1 hearing, so it would be something you'd want to breed out of your tribe

I would also base the tails appearance on wild rabbits and deer, who have longer tails and more noticeable white markings on the underside of their tail and rump, instead of bunnies like the ones in @Veroni's pictures, which have pretty small tails

152116156_XS.jpg

whitetail_deer_running-2.jpeg

Edited by BirdsAreCool
added pictures
  • Like 2

I think they actually just signal to other rabbits with it (like deer). 

Maybe not every new body part has to have new or better stats than existing parts. 

Here are close-ups of bunny tails for reference:

tail2.thumb.jpg.d3cebb9a5cd8545c2ce6eabe826ae472.jpgtail1.thumb.jpg.0e478f5e04c363728328538b6bca85b4.jpgtail3.thumb.jpg.397c1f023be31d80cf02499af99a3706.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Veroni said:

What about lob ears with traits for both ears? :D

IMG_3836.thumb.jpg.affe47ff7ab49b1090abce5fda8f9967.jpg

Hosuli used to keep her ears like that! (She was supposed to be a floppy eared rabbit)

• Like 1