Stray Fawn Community

AHVHC playthrough

Goggles-kun

aYY so I literally have nothing to do so I wanted to do this!
Lies! Blasphemy! You have a bunch of friends you haven't messaged in ages and you still need to defeat Grima!

Anywho, let's start.

An Honestly Very Hard Challenge

Ruleset by @Pebbleshine

The wind-swept shores of Valm Island were universally well-known throughout the Niche world. It hosted comfortable temperatures yearly and was a hot spot for animal migration. What was more interesting was the residents of Valm Island. Many were bred to be hunters, warriors, or even defenders of the throne. That's right; Valm Island hosted an age-old monarchy descended from the creature of legend Adam, who guided his kin to his homeland known as Valm Island. His children became the kings and queens of the island, which unfortunately led to inbreeding among the populous.
Everyone became immune-deficient and nimble. One plague can wipe out the island. One nasty beast can end a creature's life with a swipe of its claws. So, the king of Valm Island sealed off the lands using the divine powers the deities provided him. But he should've known those powers could not last forever.
One day, the new king, King Ollie II, had a beautiful daughter with his wife. He named her Ellie. Ellie was particuarly special among her other siblings; she was slim, had piercing blue eyes, and could collect berries at a faster rate than her siblings. King Ollie II treasured her for her abilities. But one day, Ellie started to receive weird dreams of a massive storm that would destine to kill everyone. King Ollie II refuted these dreams, calling them "silly".
He was wrong.
One day, a massive hurricane rolled in and started to damage the barrier that protected Valm Island. "Do not fear," King Ollie II told his citizens. "this storm poses no threat to us." Almost directly after he finished that the barrier broke and all hell broke loose. Pedestrians vanished under the massive waves. Debris smacked down warriors and even children were not spared from such an event. Ellie knew this was coming, but needed to find a way out quickly. If she got hit by some high-moving waves, it would be the end of her life. Ellie found refuge on an incredibly convenient log and rode it away from the tides that swallowed Valm Island. Her home was now destroyed. She was devastated, but she knew it was the island's fate. Perhaps the gods were angered by all the inbreeding, she thought. As the waters calmed Ellie looked out into the horizon as the sun set and drifted to sleep.

The next morning, Ellie found herself on a new patch of land. It didn't look like Valm Island's grounds, so she knew she wasn't a dream. It was too foreign.

Then she scanned her surroundings and a voice called out to her.
"You are the only survivor. Now it is your mission to survive."
Ellie didn't necessarily understand, but if she was able to see the destruction of Valm Island through her own dreams, she may as well not ignore it.

Welcome to my AHVHC!

image.png.1b93ef8fa92d401f9cf49fee5cd93db9.png

Ellie ran forward to see the virgin continent, yet to be seen by her own eyes. It was very grassy and she could tell it was raining last night by how moist the earth was. Suddenly, a strange-looking creature popped out of the bushes!

image.png.d8e5c30dc1083a121fe853735b5565f4.png

"Why, you're a peaceful bear!" she said, impressed by the bear's build. Ellie had heard of these massive creatures from story by her mother. They seemed to have no apparent use to the tribe, but they often kept them for their intimidating looks. She recalled that if one were to give the bear nesting material, he would be loyal to them. But Ellie had no time to test it out. She was alone, and she needed to find other creatures quick.

Dashing across the continent in search of at least a male, Ellie collapsed on a stump from exhaustion. Giant blue birds surrounded her as she felt more tired and sad. She remembered stories about them too, but had no energy left to remember her mother's sweet words describing the birds. They kidnapped Adam... they dropped him off... he found Eve... Ellie had no motivation to remember.
Suddenly, she smelled something new. She leaped to her paws. A wanderer!
Though her sense of smell was very poor, Ellie started to track the wanderer's scent down until she had finally found him.

He certainly wasn't the prettiest, but Ellie figured he would do for now.

"Hey," she said to the wanderer. He looked back at her, confused. "What's your name?"
The wanderer seemed to be tense at first, but started to soothe once he caught glimpse of her beautiful blue eyes. "K-Kudonlur."
"Would you like to join me?"
This was a breath of fresh air for Kudonlur. "Of course, in exchange if you could give me some food. I'm starving."

image.png.9f0306e98cb4b6bba87121d541d85d39.png

Of course he wants food, she thought. Ellie forked over some berries and he gulped them down with delight. "Thank you so much!" he chirped.

Days later, Ellie started to grow more fond of this strange man. Kudonlur explained that he had heard of the Island of Valm from his father and of his ambition to go there, but was saddened when he learned his father never came back after an attempted search for it. Kudonlur's mother died from a Killer Bearyena attack, which left Kudonlur and his sister to fend for themselves. Kudonlur's sister left him long ago, which left him to wander around the island endlessly until his inevitable death. "They coined this place the Deadly Hills," she remembered. "You know, for how deadly it is!" He chuckled. Though Ellie didn't really understand, she figured it would come to her within time.

One day, while Ellie and Kudonlur were exploring the place and talking about what they used to love, Ellie caught a foul scent. He got it too. Kudonlur raised his tail, ordering Ellie to get behind him in case something bad happened. Suddenly, it rustled out of the bushes!

image.png.da834a6b6d885d33ce2e6095b8486f8a.png

"It's a rogue male! Run!"
Ellie made a mad dash in an attempt to get away from this foul fiend. She had never seen one before. He had deformed paws like Kudonlur, but his snout was also unfortunately crooked. She felt pity for the rogue, but decided to keep running instead.

She eventually made it to a point where she caught sight of the shorelines. She settled down next to a berry bush, hoping Kudonlur would catch up. He did the next day. They were both relieved the other was okay.
Then something strange happened. Ellie didn't know how to describe it when it first happened.
"Ellie..." Kudonlur said, his voice sounding heavy. "Can I talk to you?" She nodded and followed Kudonlur behind a rock.
"I didn't know how to comprehend it when I first realized it. I ignored it at first, even. But now I embraced it and I'm ready to tell you...
"Ellie, you are the love of my life."
Her heart started to pound faster. "What...?"
Kudonlur frowned. "Oh... if you don't feel the same for me, that's alright." Ellie then chuckled. "You silly goose. I love you too."
Kudonlur's heart started to race. He couldn't contain his excitement! He screamed "Yes!" and nuzzled Ellie. She embraced it for the rest of the hour. The next night she settled down in a nest, still flattered by what had happened the other day.

image.png.09867fac83b17ea03b2203fa8ecd4266.png

Thank you for reading part one!

• Like 5

okay I still have nothing to do so here's part two as well

An Honestly Very Hard Challenge/Part Two

The next day, Ellie was awoken by the sounds of mewling. She looked down to see a tiny kitten. She was startled at first, but then she looked at the kitten again. She had Kudonlur's snout and deformed paw. The kitten also had Ellie's nimble paw. It then clicked in her head. That's my kin!
She called over Kudonlur and he was surprised too. They were now officially a mother and a father. They both knew the drill. "What should we name her?" he asked, examining the kit. She seemed to be very healthy but suffered the same fate as her mother; easy to harm.
"How about Sandy?" Ellie said. He agreed.

image.png.a4b7903b33b25bc7a4703e89a68322c6.png

Moments later, a very strange wanderer popped out from the reeds. The wanderer strikingly resembled the rogue male Ellie and Kudonlur had encountered the other day, but a little different. He had horns that reached to the skies, hind legs that resembled a frog's, and crimson fur. He introduced himself as Nolurkir and asked for no harm. "I'm simply passing by," Nolurkir kept repeating. "I have no business with you." Ellie nodded and let him go. She had a feeling they would see him again...

image.png.6a0f6af29a0319fd86f0f43149ae7826.png

Sandy and Ellie started to head for the shore where they could collect coconuts. "You can open those with your nimble paw within no time!" Ellie kept reminding her. Kudonlur decided to collect berries from a bush as the girls collected coconuts. It was Ellie's pride to have a kitten she could raise and have fun with.

image.png.e18d364d12e1859e1ed5698f0b22f7c2.png

Days later, the fishy wanderer Nolurkir came back, this time asking for some berries. Kudonlur snarled and retorted that the berries were for his family. He didn't seem to understand, so he jumped in front of him and nearly batted at him. "Stop!" Ellie ordered. He looked back at her confused. "But I was just..."
"If you attacked him, you would of died! Look at the spikes on the back of his body! When you attack Nolurkir, you take damage! And I knew it all along! You suffer the same fate as me! We all die from little things such as damage!"
He was shocked. But, he reluctantly obliged. "I'm sorry, dear." She chuckled. "You can be sorry, just don't do that again."

image.png.11cbdafb69a3cdf028023e7dcc661c3a.png

The next day, Kudonlur caught scent of a new wanderer. It wasn't foul like a rogue male's, but instead sweet. He could tell right off the bat that it was a female. He chirped, and a wanderer came forward from the bushes. He had never seen anything like it before. She introduced herself as Meanata, a female who's parents were slain by Killer Bearyenas as well. "Tell me more," Kudonlur said.
She was in search for her son who had mysteriously disappeared one day after an illness killed her mate. She blamed the gods, but after days of searching Meanata finally decided that her son was forever to be lost. She didn't want to let him go, but knew that it was all part of life.
"Consider yourself welcome to this tribe," he chirped as he offered Meanata food. She gleamed as she wolfed down the berries he provided.

image.png.4348ffc2140030d52fc0f4894017845e.png

Meanata took over the role of collecting berries so Kulondur could spend more time with his family. Ellie and Sandy purred when they saw him come down the hill and sit next to them. One day, he came up with an idea:
"Why not go find some insects?"
Sandy seemed to be on board with the idea, but Ellie started to shudder. She hated the idea of creepy-crawly things, but then remembered something her mother once told her.
"Some creatures in this world are insectivorous," her mother said, cleaning her paws. "That means they like to eat bugs. You can tell if they do by their long snouts and even longer tongue."
Oh! It clicked in her head. They love insects! "Sure! Let's go find some!" The family started to head west, certain there would be termite hills that way. Then something strange entered Ellie's senses. She sniffed, but it wasn't anything like a rogue male. Not that foul. Nay, this creature was much bigger than a rogue male too...
Kudonlur looked at her with horrified eyes. "Ellie! RUN!"
A Killer Bearyena had found her!

image.png.95d9813ef628fbf6c53a41d057a88c2e.png

The Bearyena growled. It was a giant. Alongside the beast was another Bearyena that was much smaller than him; Ellie assumed they were a female. She also had a tiny cub with her. Ellie was impressed that they were able to find her, but then her mate's words brought her back into reality.
"Ellie! I won't say it again! Run!"
She then noticed the Bearyena's massive claws up in the air, ready to strike her down. Ellie lept out of the way and ran as fast as she could. Sandy ran alongside her and Kudonlur took a different path. They were now separated.

Meanata raced to the other's scent trails, alerted by their cries. She then saw it: she was face-to-face with the Killer Bearyena. She even recognized it too. Meanata snarled and bared her fangs. "I know you!" she hissed. "You killed my family!" Yes, it was the same Bearyena that had slain her parents in cold blood. Meanata wanted vengeance badly. She threw herself onto the Bearyena, but to her avail it didn't leave even a scratch. The Bearyena was mad. It pinned her down with its massive paw and breathed into her face. Meanata was ready to die, even if it meant she'll share the same fate as her parents.

image.png.c59ce6210a8183d2313545d5ee2f09ad.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Wait, you started on Deadly Hills? Sorry to say that the rules say you're supposed to start on Grass Mingle. Basically, with this tribe you won't be eligible for the 'living the longest' 'prize', but you can still keep on playing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pebbleshine said:

Wait, you started on Deadly Hills? Sorry to say that the rules say you're supposed to start on Grass Mingle. Basically, with this tribe you won't be eligible for the 'living the longest' 'prize', but you can still keep on playing.

Sorry, I didn’t noticed and I wanted to be rebellious. I already lost at the “longest running tribe” thing so I don’t think it mattered anyway. Thanks for pointing it out though!

• Like 1