Stray Fawn Community

Rare's gene study​🧬

Lilytuft

Rare. Ossen's lost mate. The nicheling i never screenshotted.image.thumb.png.f24019974b5c7d1f6895eec4e7bcf707.png

All I remember about her was that she was a wanderer with derpsnout. Some of her genes can be determined from her children's genes by removing the ones coming from Ossen. Confirmed Ossen genes will be circled with orange.

image.thumb.png.4b427984d646675497c44726f6d25590.png

image.thumb.png.10f4de14ac7424f263ccc96ae5c27d9f.png

This gives us a surprising ammount of information. I basically just looked at their genes and then looked at Ossen's genes and circled the one that matches with Ossen. Now it's time to figure out which genes are sure to be passed from Rare. Sadly most of this will only reveal one gene from each slot. Also, thanks to Skysplash, I now know her other paw.

" The dominant one depends on the mother. If the mother gives Violet and the father gives Yellow the children will have Violet eyes. Vice versa is true as well. This is also like it is with paws-- the gene on top, which is usually the dominant one, is always the one from the mother. (I saw that through these tests!) So, the answer is: Whichever eye color the mother passes to her child will be the one that is dominant. (between Yellow and Violet eyes) "

image.thumb.png.fe5816225b58c84c2f8369c121af7add.pngimage.thumb.png.83584a6aa851c36c9879e0094abbcc5e.png

So Rare's confirmed genes are:

One E immunity

One bad fertility

One normal blood clotting

Those patter size and density genes you can see on her children.

Pattern shape A, Pattern shape C

One mask gene

One gene of black pattern

One gene of white horn color

One gene of green eyes

One gene of beige fur

One gene of no melanism

One gene of no albinism

One gene of stinky tail

One gene of normal hindlegs

Claw, runner leg

One gene of medium body

Derp snout, cracker jaw

One gene of good eyesight

No horns or ramhorns (we will never find out)

One gene of medium ears

The rest of the genes are a mystery. Some of the genes might be double, some not. It's hard to figure stuff out from only two children

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Robb Plat said:

I'm not sure if the yellow and purple eye traits are based on whether it's from the mother or father. :/

they meant specifically this part

10 hours ago, Morso said:

" The dominant one depends on the mother. If the mother gives Violet and the father gives Yellow the children will have Violet eyes. Vice versa is true as well. This is also like it is with paws-- the gene on top, which is usually the dominant one, is always the one from the mother. (I saw that through these tests!) So, the answer is: Whichever eye color the mother passes to her child will be the one that is dominant. (between Yellow and Violet eyes) "

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Robb Plat said:

Perhaps you can use the Niche Creator in Sandbox to recreate her, if you remember what she looked like. 

All I remember is her derpy face 😢

• Sad 3