Stray Fawn Community

Gonna create a new topic, and keep it here this time..

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Guest SilverTheNicheling

So.. Er.. it’s been about approximately 4 months and 3 days since I joined the forums, and I’ve met a lot of great people, seeing them make wonderful art, wonderful ideas for Niche, cool simulations over at the forum games, and I’ve just felt really impressed by all the creativity. Something just wants to keep me from thinking about all of those good things though.. and the reason.. is just that I see fights going on sometimes, people being depressed and sad, and golly does it make me sad too, almost to the point to where I wanna cry. I only joined just because I thought helping out to improve Niche would’ve been a good idea, but I don’t really do that a lot and all I really wanna do is socialize, but I’m almost afraid to do that because 1. I could just be seeking attention, and 2. Saying the wrong things to others makes me afraid I’ll get them mad. I’ve been really wanting to help out this community and be kind, but because of my autism and my social skills, it seems like there’s a chance I could just fail.. and.. you know.. I guess failing is alright, because I can somewhat improve upon that failure and get better, but.. now I want to ask you guys about me. How have I’ve been around you guys on the forums? Have I been at least friendly? Nice to talk to? A good friend? Just tell me.. and maybe give me better tips on socializing, because I’ve sucked at it since childhood, and I’m afraid I’m still bad at it now...

You've been great. I'm sorry that all that negative energy is spilling over to you. Sometimes I wish there were tags or something you could just block, and so people can avoid content. Oversharing vs repressing too much is a really diffult issue.

But, do you know Quora? It has somewhat of a community and some pretty great people on the spectrum. Their content has helped me a lot with coping. Not socially, but in general, too. 

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 minutes ago, spacecat at random said:

You've been great. I'm sorry that all that negative energy is spilling over to you. Sometimes I wish there were tags or something you could just block, and so people can avoid content. Oversharing vs repressing too much is a really diffult issue.

But, do you know Quora? It has somewhat of a community and some pretty great people on the spectrum. Their content has helped me a lot with coping. Not socially, but in general, too. 

Oh thank you Spacecat.. my journey so far has been quite the bumpy one, and no I haven’t what source can you link me to them?

6 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Oh thank you Spacecat.. my journey so far has been quite the bumpy one, and no I haven’t what source can you link me to them?

It's an app. With a real name policy... but you're better off with a fake. Something like Larissa Smith. Common. They don't ask you to verify it. 

Takes some time to set up, though. If you're fine with that, I can name some general figures to follow. But maybe really block anything political...

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, spacecat at random said:

If you're fine with that, I can name some general figures to follow

Sure, I’m interested, why fake name though? Is it necessary? Just curious.

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Oh geez though I gotta get to bed.. I’ll come back here and check on new stuff going on tomorrow, I’m very tired, but also finally more relaxed because I’ve been watching Jessimew’s Niche stuff, as well as being on the forums and makin good chat, anyhow though.. goodnight.

7 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Sure, I’m interested, why fake name though? Is it necessary? Just curious.

It's a public space. You can write people personally, but having others find your content might not always be a good idea.

People are generally nice. Still, you might not agree with your current views later, or tell the whole world personal information. There's always a slim chance to meet bad people too, no matter where you go. Using your name makes you really trackable. 

And maybe nervous. I nearly had a heart attack when some people actually upvoted my stuff

Edit: Goodnight! 

Whenever I have seen you, you were nice and never to involved in any of the fights as far as I can see so I think you are doing great. Not hanging out with what I refer to as the 'trouble makers' 😜

6 hours ago, Jojo said:

Whenever I have seen you, you were nice and never to involved in any of the fights as far as I can see so I think you are doing great. Not hanging out with what I refer to as the 'trouble makers' 😜

who?
Who?

• Haha 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Renio2490 said:

who?
Who?

I hope you’re not one anyway..

Guest SilverTheNicheling
6 hours ago, spacecat at random said:

It's a public space. You can write people personally, but having others find your content might not always be a good idea.

People are generally nice. Still, you might not agree with your current views later, or tell the whole world personal information. There's always a slim chance to meet bad people too, no matter where you go. Using your name makes you really trackable. 

And maybe nervous. I nearly had a heart attack when some people actually upvoted my stuff

Edit: Goodnight! 

I guess I’m fine without it now that I think about it.. the forums are where I belong... if I ever had to try anything else in media, I know I’d leave.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Renio2490 said:

yeah...
('trouble makers'... I'm trying to decide what makes me a trouble maker. I'm just some kid sitting in my bed on my laptop)

You’re no trouble maker, so you’re fine, anyways.. goodmorning! From Northwest Washington that is..

Guest SilverTheNicheling
6 hours ago, Jojo said:

Thank you Jojo, I have known you since I’ve joined( preferably because you commented on my “furries” topic lol )and getting to know you and the other folks felt like a breath of fresh air! 

Now I just have one question.. do you ever make time to track down those ‘trouble makers’ haha?

Just now, SilverTheNicheling said:

You’re no trouble maker, so you’re fine, anyways.. goodmorning! From Northwest Washington that is..

Good morning from New Bruinswick! 

It's, heh, actually 12 pm here. I can still have a biscuit.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Renio2490 said:

Good morning from New Bruinswick! 

It's, heh, actually 12 pm here. I can still have a biscuit.

Ooh that’s good! Yum.. biscuits...

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, Skysplash8 said:

yes

Thank you Sky! You’re pretty great along with Meringue as well! :3

I think you've been really friendly, and you always have something nice and/or interesting say. It's not many people who get mad if you say the wrong thing, and as far as I can tell you haven't said any wrong things anyways. :)

Guest SilverTheNicheling
5 minutes ago, Fire Beans said:

I think you've been really friendly, and you always have something nice and/or interesting say. It's not many people who get mad if you say the wrong thing, and as far as I can tell you haven't said any wrong things anyways. :)

Oh thank you Fire Beans! :3

1 hour ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Thank you Jojo, I have known you since I’ve joined( preferably because you commented on my “furries” topic lol )and getting to know you and the other folks felt like a breath of fresh air! 

Now I just have one question.. do you ever make time to track down those ‘trouble makers’ haha?

I don't need to track them down. I know them roughly from the top of my head ^^ (good Mod always keeps an eye out :D )