Stray Fawn Community

Ask Angel About M-I/D/Ds!

wikipedia [he/him]

What are M-I/D/Ds?

M-I/D/Ds, also known as MIDDS, are Mental Illnesses/Disorders/Disabilities

----

I really think that's the only question I need to put on here... 

Anyway; ask away!

However, please be polite and respectful- I will not hesitate to call you out if you say something ableist, but please take it as criticism; this way you too can stop others from potentially harming people with MIDDs. 

2 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

'chewies'

The pet name for chewable toys! Often used for stimming or for people with oral fixations, these toys are soft enough to not cause harm to your teeth and also be firm enough to be hard to rip. :) 

• Paw up 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling

So.. I have a question.. is depression, and social problems caused by autism sometimes? (I hope this is relating to M-I/D/Ds..)

Just now, SilverTheNicheling said:

So.. I have a question.. is depression, and social problems caused by autism sometimes?

No, but they are considered comorbid

Comorbid MIDDs are MIDDs that often occur with each other, but not as a result of another MIDD. 

For example, anxiety and depression are comorbid, but social issues (such as stuttering) are a result of autism. 

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

No, but they are considered comorbid

Comorbid MIDDs are MIDDs that often occur with each other, but not as a result of another MIDD. 

For example, anxiety and depression are comorbid, but social issues (such as stuttering) are a result of autism. 

Ah, I see, thank you Wikipedia x3

Guest SilverTheNicheling

but social issues (such as stuttering) are a result of autism. 

But yeah I think I have a problem talking to others, and that can sometimes result in either not taking my pills, not getting enough sleep, or just not having to deal with what others are going through because it feels like it’s too much..

Just now, SilverTheNicheling said:

But yeah I think I have a problem talking to others, and that can sometimes result in either not taking my pills, not getting enough sleep, or just not having to deal with what others are going through because it feels like it’s too much..

That's simply a symptom of depression and lack of sleep. Did you know that not sleeping causes your body to eat itself from the inside out?- that's why so many people with insomnia have symptoms of depression without having it!

8 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

Yes, or at least according to current research! People who have a history of depression in their family are more likely to have it, but it doesn't mean you will. 

Thanks, luckily my family has no history of depression. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Renio2490 said:

uh....
is anger issues a mental illness? (worst question to exist)

Nope! Anger Issues- actually known as Impulse-Control Disorders- are a class of personality disorders

There's many Impulse-Control Disorders out there, but the one we commonly call 'anger issues' is IED, or Intermittent Explosive Disorder, which is caused by a severe lack of nutrients and serotonin/dopamine in the 'coating' of the spine (which, along with the medulla, controls impulses). This means you cannot control your impulses

Nope! Anger Issues- actually known as Impulse-Control Disorders- are a class of personality disorders

There's many Impulse-Control Disorders out there, but the one we commonly call 'anger issues' is IED, or Intermittent Explosive Disorder, which is caused by a severe lack of nutrients and serotonin/dopamine in the 'coating' of the spine (which, along with the medulla, controls impulses). This means you cannot control your impulses

huh.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
31 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

That's simply a symptom of depression and lack of sleep. Did you know that not sleeping causes your body to eat itself from the inside out?- that's why so many people with insomnia have symptoms of depression without having it!

Literally being eaten from the inside out causing me to die slowly? Or a figure of speech?

2 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Literally being eaten from the inside out causing me to die slowly? Or a figure of speech?

Literally!- The lack of sleep causes harmful chemicals broken down during sleep to build up in the cells, which eventually causes them to burst. This is what causes the 'sleep rings' under people's eyes!

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

Literally!- The lack of sleep causes harmful chemicals broken down during sleep to build up in the cells, which eventually causes them to burst. This is what causes the 'sleep rings' under people's eyes!

Geeberz my body has become cannibalistic lately then....

Guest SilverTheNicheling

It's not something to worry about unless the 'rings' itch.

I’ll keep track of sleep more often then to avoid further damage..

7 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

I shouldn't have to worry about that...
I got around 10 hours of sleep last night...

Guest SilverTheNicheling
Just now, Renio2490 said:

I shouldn't have to worry about that...
I got around 10 hours of sleep last night...

Awesome!

1 hour ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

I have dark circles under my eyes. But I sleep well and get a good amount of hours of it (occasionally containing lovely dreams like that one I had a couple night ago where I had a huge pet cobra and her name was Martha...). Soo... why do I have dark circles? Also I've had them for a while, more than I year I know, probably longer.