Stray Fawn Community

Rotate drone core

ababaBABABABABBA

You've made a drone, but now you want it to spawn facing a different direction

What do you do?

Take apart everything you've just built and rearrange it, probably messing something up in the process

If you could rotate the core, either the small angle movements or by 90 degrees each time would solve this

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

8 replies to this post

Interesting. I can see the use-case of this, thank you for suggesting. We discussed this a while back and there was a bit of a technical issue we had so it wasn't easily implemented. I put it on our list so we will evaluate it again later in the future. We'll keep you up to date :) 

This would be amazing for sumo, among other things.

I'm guessing that showing it "live" is difficult?  What if it's not displayed, just a 0-360 slider in the core's options?  As long as the right thing happens when you hit 'test' that should be sufficient.

It seems to me this feature is already present, or did I miss something?

In the current (0.98) version, you can already rotate the core, just like any other piece. Since the core is the root of all links between parts, that will effectively rotate the whole drone. You can flip it horizontally or vertically too.

Any such transform is likely to mess up designs that rely on a specific orientation though (trying to align with gravity, for instance)

• Like 1