Stray Fawn Community

~ We Are Made of Porcelain ~

bostonlobstah

1 minute ago, Magnolia said:

Finally the trek home commences. Ceramic sees Talenel in the distance and runs up to her. He cries into her fur. 

"Did they...?" Talenel stammers. But she doesn't need to finish.

The whole day is full of tears and embraces. 

1163795749_Screenshot(1172).thumb.png.19cd3886542219641ac3feb32ed143f1.png

That night, Talenel goes into labor. "Ceramic, our baby is coming!"

She stumbles into one of the mossy old nests. 

The next morning, a beautiful baby girl is sleeping peacefully in the nest. 

"She's beautiful! What should we name her?" Ceramic asks. 

(name suggestions please!!)

946732641_Screenshot(1173).thumb.png.7a1bdebd02bfd8cc92a2309f2a18e5cc.png

Mirror? Emotion?

• Like 1

Talenel thinks a moment. "Dream," she says. "We'll name her Dream." (I'll save mirror for another babu)

She shudders suddenly. 

"Is something wrong, dearest?" Ceramic asks her worriedly. 

"The sea...I need the sea..."

"I will take you to the sea, then," Ceramic says. 

"...No."

"No?" Ceramic is nervous.

"I want to go alone."

"Do as you wish, darling one." But inside, Ceramic is afraid for her. 

"Take care of Dream. She's for you alone to love now. And say good-bye to the others for me...especially Clay and Dolly."

"I will." Ceramic chokes back tears. He had only barely lost his parents, and now he is about to lose his mate too...

1466754270_Screenshot(1174).thumb.png.e055ccca9b4b0eeac6eade3f597a28aa.png

• Sad 2

Meanwhile, Clay and Dolly have no idea where their mother is, or what she's up to. Dolly is busy cracking nuts, and Clay is practicing her hunting skills. 

"AHA!" Clay pounces on a rabbil and kills it swiftly. "Victory is mine!" 

But when she reaches down to scoop it, she finds that the meat has vanished. "HEY! Where'd my lunch go!?"

She hears a small "burp" and as she peers closer into the grass, she can see a little set of beady black eyes and a long beak staring back at her. 

"Why you little--" Clay starts to rant but Hearts stops her quietly. 

"Look at him. He's probably so hungry...don't get mad at him so easily like that."

The creature introduces himself as Pripriduk. Hearts offers him to join the tribe, and he obliges happily. Clay seems to rather like him, too, but there's something about him that she doesn't yet know...

1481998988_Screenshot(1176).thumb.png.746b7b284f9417450967e46303ed8905.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, Magnolia said:

Meanwhile, Clay and Dolly have no idea where their mother is, or what she's up to. Dolly is busy cracking nuts, and Clay is practicing her hunting skills. 

"AHA!" Clay pounces on a rabbil and kills it swiftly. "Victory is mine!" 

But when she reaches down to scoop it, she finds that the meat has vanished. "HEY! Where'd my lunch go!?"

She hears a small "burp" and as she peers closer into the grass, she can see a little set of beady black eyes and a long beak staring back at her. 

"Why you little--" Clay starts to rant but Hearts stops her quietly. 

"Look at him. He's probably so hungry...don't get mad at him so easily like that."

The creature introduces himself as Pripriduk. Hearts offers him to join the tribe, and he obliges happily. Clay seems to rather like him, too, but there's something about him that she doesn't yet know...

1481998988_Screenshot(1176).thumb.png.746b7b284f9417450967e46303ed8905.png

nEw NoTiFiCaTiOn

• Like 1

Along the way to the sea, Talenel finds an old friend. 

"Seaweed, I've missed you."

"And I you. Say, you don't look well. Can I help ya with anything?"

"N-no..." Talenel replies weakly. "I'm going to the sea, by myself."

Seaweed understands and nods gravely. "'Bye, old friend."

"We'll meet again. I promise. And a nicheling never breaks their promise." Talenel manages a small tired smile. "You meant the world to me...you still do. You were like a father to me, back when I was young...I lost my family, I lost everything, but I still had you." 

448524510_Screenshot(1175).thumb.png.8982fbbb3f9107731c9be297284e4ea2.png

• Sad 2

Finally Talenel can feel the seabreeze. She hops as fast as she can manage until her froggy toes are surrounded by the lapping waves. There she sits, watching the sunset. She feels the presence of those before her, watching her nearby. And she feels at peace.289999264_Screenshot(1178).thumb.png.50c7ddd9fe24f05a4b6f84359a102d76.png

Back in his nest, Ceramic hugs his daughter closely. He feels the wind with his antennae for any signs of his mate. His antennae tingles with the sound of the crashing ocean waves. With the rhythmic retreat and advance of the tide, Ceramic can hear the ocean singing: I love you too, I love you too, I love you too...

• Sad 5