Stray Fawn Community

~ We Are Made of Porcelain ~

bostonlobstah

Ceramic, surprised by his mother's sudden harshness, drops his belly to the ground. He covers his eyes with his long feathered tail and starts to whimper. 

"Silence!" China hisses. "Be very quiet..."

She hears someone coming through the grass. Swish, swish. She whips around to find only Talenel. But the eerie feeling still remains. 

"There's danger coming," China whispers. She pulls Ceramic close to her, and he quietly buries himself in her fur and feathers.

"What? I don't smell or hear--or see--anything."

Suddenly a strange nicheling pops out of the grass, screaming. "YEBEARA! BEARILLA! YENABR! BEARYENA!!!"

650074537_Screenshot(1107).thumb.png.374154923e3a764581d4e5aa8c4e5738.png

Glass is still by his tree, waiting for Ceramic and China to come home when he sees a little brown bearyena cub prowling in the shadows. It couldn't be without a mother to protect it. Glass' stomach drops. 

"China!! Ceramic, where are you!?"

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, Magnolia said:

Ceramic, surprised by his mother's sudden harshness, drops his belly to the ground. He covers his eyes with his long feathered tail and starts to whimper. 

She hears someone coming through the grass. Swish, swish. She whips around to find only Talenel. But the eerie feeling still remains. 

"There's danger coming," China whispers. She pulls Ceramic close to her, and he quietly buries himself in her fur and feathers.

Suddenly a strange nicheling pops out of the grass, screaming. "YEBEARA! BEARILLA! YENABR! BEARYENA!!!"

Glass is still by his tree, waiting for Ceramic and China to come home when he sees a little brown bearyena cub prowling in the shadows. It couldn't be without a mother to protect it. Glass' stomach drops. 

I was right...

At the exact time I red “bearyena” I fell off of my bed

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Meron'nitchirin said:

At the exact time I red “bearyena” I fell off of my bed

I am now imagining someone sitting on their bed, they scream 'BEARYENA' then fall off the bed

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

I am now imagining someone sitting on their bed, they scream 'BEARYENA' then fall off the bed

but then 'voodoo' came to my mind and now i think of Magnolia holding a voodoo doll of Meron'nitchirin, Magnolia says 'bearyena' and Meron falls off their bed

• Haha 3
  • Eek! 1

China knows that Seaweed has been able to keep those bearyenas from coming very near the tribe. But that could change very soon. She could see it in her mind: Her crying baby boy as he is thrown into the air and killed by an angry bearyena. She couldn't let that happen.

"We need to leave. Now. All of us."

"But China!" Glass retorted, puffing up behind her. "This is our home! We can't leave such a beautiful place!"

"Do you want to be killed? Do you want Ceramic to be killed?" China's eyes searched his desperately. "We have to go. We can't risk the bearyenas braving up to Seaweed."

Glass dropped his gaze, bringing Ceramic close to his chest with his paws. 

"I'm sorry we're so fragile. But we didn't choose to be like this."

1185693724_Screenshot(1108).thumb.png.273812e4af0ffc2bbdd8b3f115f888a0.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

(sorry for the voodoo melon, you're awesome)

"Seaweed! Will you be okay?" Talenel especially is concerned for her friend. 

"I'll be fine. Those 'yenas are after you, not me. There's only so much I can do for ya. You don't have to worry one bit about me, though."

"I'll miss you," Talenel sniffs sadly. "Promise you'll come and visit someday?"

"I swear it," Seaweed grinned. "It was nice hangin' with y'all. Bye now!"

"Good-bye!" Everyone called before running to the flowery port. 

101824415_Screenshot(1109).thumb.png.3fa7f7eb9335c915e3e5f6c83467ad7e.png

China took a deep breath, then reached out and placed her paw on the slippery wet stone before her. 

1534163027_Screenshot(1111).thumb.png.249bd6f282fee1a77a0b440fdbbff543.png

• Like 1

The five nichelings find themselves on a very small island surrounded by seashells. But a small swim away beheld a massive island. 641691332_Screenshot(1112).thumb.png.eb80bef7e78c020ddc7996514b1c6566.png

They all immediately begin to gather food, silent as the grave. None of them are willing to talk about their old home, or Seaweed, or the bearyenas. 1426901795_Screenshot(1113).thumb.png.ddc093f57bb245c4e2ec800a85d4c294.png

They scurry along the shore, scrounging for shells and fish. 

"Where will we camp permanently?" Ceramic finally asks. He's grown a little older since he first left his home. 

"We'll camp near a port," China replies. "That way if we have to run, we can leave for good. We must all stick together so we can all make it to the ports."

Talenel lets out a sharp cry all of a sudden. 

"What's wrong?" China asks worriedly. Then she notices her swollen belly. 

"Are you...?" 

Talenel nods. She's grown shy and quiet in her new surroundings, it seems.

"Who is the father?" China demands.

Talenel turns to look at that nicheling they had brought with them when the word of the bearyenas got out. They never knew much of him. After he had screamed "BEARYENA" he hadn't said much at all.

China sighs. "You know him well enough?"

"I guess I do. You never talked to him much." Talenel's voice is edged in pain, frustration and anger.

2003300526_Screenshot(1114).thumb.png.8bde031fd49331a005501b5f17cd4ef6.png

• Like 1

Some days later, a baby girl is born. 

"What will you name her?" China asks excitedly. Talenel doesn't respond. 

"Are you alright?"

Talenel nods her head. China doesn't think much of it. As a Future, she cares little for the Now.

Glass however overhears them. He knows that Talenel is missing her old home and her old friend. 

559040201_Screenshot(1115).thumb.png.b2bb2b37b816e6f59fcb3a869c8d463c.png

(Baby name suggestions please!!!)

• Like 1

"Are you alright?"

Talenel nods her head. China doesn't think much of it. As a Future, she cares little for the Now.

Glass however overhears them. He knows that Talenel is missing her old home and her old friend. 

Doll?

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Magnolia said:

"Are you alright?"

Batgirl?

• Like 1

"Tatata!" Talenel calls to her mate. Who could forget a name like that? She thinks.

Tatata comes ambling over, but Talenel comes down to him instead. She knows he is old, with not long to live. She hoped she could give him a good life at least in his last days: A mate, a beautiful daughter, or maybe two. The mates spend the day snuggling and gently splashing in the water. Talenel was reminded of her youth, when she would play with Seaweed in the shallow sea by her small island home.

China meanwhile sits atop a rabbil burrow, watching, sniffing, listening...trying to sense of any danger. The coast was clear, for now. That was good enough.

2144147429_Screenshot(1118).thumb.png.b95ba282c4bd6a7549ec14a51fec4115.png

• Like 1

"Tatata!" Talenel calls to her mate. Who could forget a name like that? She thinks.

Tatata comes ambling over, but Talenel comes down to him instead. She knows he is old, with not long to live. She hoped she could give him a good life at least in his last days: A mate, a beautiful daughter, or maybe two. The mates spend the day snuggling and gently splashing in the water. Talenel was reminded of her youth, when she would play with Seaweed in the shallow sea by her small island home.

China meanwhile sits atop a rabbil burrow, watching, sniffing, listening...trying to sense of any danger. The coast was clear, for now. That was good enough.

2144147429_Screenshot(1118).thumb.png.b95ba282c4bd6a7549ec14a51fec4115.png

What's the baby's name?

• Like 1

It's been a hot minute--I'll update the playthrough now hopefully with the many events I experienced yesterday. Also weird stuff happened on accident so nO jUdGiNg

"You've got to name your baby, you know," China tells Talenel.

"I know..." Talenel sighs. "I guess I'll ask Tatata what he thinks."

The following day, China and Glass get together. It's been a long time since they've had some one-on-one moments shared. 

"Another baby, perhaps?" Glass whispers in her ear with a smirk.

China nudges him happily. "It's been a while. Ceramic has grown up so fast. It's definitely time for another baby."

1310754986_Screenshot(1119).thumb.png.bd9dd0bc0a5addecfb6ab62a3f449aef.png

352965932_Screenshot(1120).thumb.png.0b576e21e2958cc7e99605becc66e340.png

Meanwhile, Talenel has become pregnant a second time. But she sees that Tatata is weak and frail, and knows that he will not be able to see their next child. At least not while he is alive. Tatata has one final wish, though.

"You can name your unborn child what you wish...but will you name our daughter Dolly?"

"Of course I will. I love you."

Tatata is satisfied. He curls up beside his mate and young daughter to sleep one last time.

1645518342_Screenshot(1122).thumb.png.6bfe681c16338e27cacb9fbaf759481e.png

The next morning, Tatata's body is limp and cold. Talenel cries out in agony for her lost love. Dolly shivers and a tear runs down her cheek. 

"There there, Dolly...your daddy loves you...we'll see him again someday. I promise."

But Talenel has her own internal struggles. For one thing, no one can bury Tatata's body. She can't bear to look at his body again and is about to lose hope when she hears rustling in the grass. Out pops a golden yellow wanderer donning the perfect digging paw. Talenel cries out in shock. 

"I didn't mean to frighten you, ma'am. The name's Kunopri. You look a mite distressed, ma'am. May I be of assistance to you, ma'am?"

"Ah--yes, actually. This might sound like an odd favor, but--" Talenel sniffs. "I need someone like you to bury my late husband. He passed just this night."

"Oh, dear...I am dreadfully sorry to hear such a thing, ma'am. Of course I'll bury him for ye."

Talenel tries to thank him but only ends up choking on her own tears.

1051671388_Screenshot(1124).thumb.png.23ad7e8cd316bad4c49ae60c7756c177.png

(guysguysguys talenel is my new favorite nicheling of all time I swear)

• Like 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling
19 minutes ago, Magnolia said:

(guysguysguys talenel is my new favorite nicheling of all time I swear)

She’s my favorite too! ^^

(ya know what I think I'll just skip over the weird part because it was a stupid mistake on my behalf and the things I made poor China and Glass do are for my own convenience and are incredibly out of character...ummm let's just say I forgot to change their immunities, and they had multiple sick babies,,, and uhhhh yyyyeah)

(but I fixed the parent's immunities with the console so we good now)

Anyways. Let's get on with our gripping playthrough!!

China and Glass waltz on over to this lovely flowery island for some love time. (and they totally didn't have a sick baby and abandon him)

579974680_Screenshot(1127).thumb.png.79fcaa71ce14a1ab1ac6f7f5d3944c40.png

Meanwhile back on the mainland, disaster strikes. 

"MAMA!!" Dolly screams as a dark and menacing bearyena stumbles out of the shadows. It licks its chops and grins a menacing grin. It comes closer and closer to the child, one huge black clawed paw after the other. Dolly tries to run but finds herself backed all the way to the seashore.

"DOLLY!!" Talenel hears her daughter's cries and comes leaping out of the waves. She knows she would protect Dolly even if it cost her her life. And my unborn baby...Talenel thinks sadly. But she has no time to waste. 

1493229494_Screenshot(1128).thumb.png.e1adf669e7dfea40aa5b8525afc59934.png

Talenel throws herself in front of the bearyena, pushing little Dolly to the side. She fights with all her strength, but the bearyena is still too strong for her. She shuts her eyes as the bearyena lifts a paw to deliver its fatal blow. Please, Tatata...Talenel prays silently. Don't take me away from Dolly, as much as I miss you already...845897243_Screenshot(1129).thumb.png.6ec041a8fcc1fa89382bd422ceb7a860.png

Talenel opens her eyes again. She sees no bearyena in front of her. Dolly is still by her side, safe and sound. She shakes herself. Am I dead? Hallucinating? Was this a dream?

But it doesn't take long for her to notice the golden pelted body lying in front of her. Kunopri!?

(heheh please ignore the sickly green baby lol that never happened)

(feeling bad cuz he's pretty)

1231786131_Screenshot(1132).thumb.png.92074b2d51b8773f9074ffcc12e0c030.png

• Like 1