Stray Fawn Community

Confirmation for day rollover when moves are available

Fortuna

Brought to you by a minor ragequit at accidentally hitting the end day button twice

I would super appreciate a feature where, if you try to end the day either by hitting the button or pressing space, that the game checks for creatures with energy left and if there are creatures with energy left, it asks you if you really want to end the day. Just to prevent the accidental hit of the Day end button, since it's REALLY EASY to hit it when you don't remember to centre the camera on a creature and want to move around the top of the screen.

• Like 4

9 replies to this post

I mean it would prevent for acidentally skiping the day but it would still get anoying for the rest of the days. I think maybe the mesage could pop up whenever a certain % of the gems are not used like it was an acident and not because there's just some gems you don't want to use. For example, there's a few gems that are not used, the message dosn't pop up since it's not that bad anyways/seems intentional. But when there's like half of the gems that are not even used maybe it's an acident so the message pops up. Also maybe you can just desactivate that in the setings if it's still anoying. 

• Like 2

This isn't a bad idea, but I'd rather it be optional. Like maybe have a little box that you can check to turn on or off. I imagine that it'd get pretty frustrating to have to constantly see a pop up every time you wanted to change a day.

• Like 2

It wouldn't be every day, it'd only pop up when you have energy left on one of your creatures. But you could probably easily add a ticky box to it of the "Don't show me this message again" variety, which would also be nice.

Happens a lot to me, and it is super annoying/sometimes sad... 

For once, I would reduce the area of the sun where the next day triggers. Currently, not only the inside of the circle triggers it, but also if you hit the surrounding beams. Please remove those beams from the clickable area. 

Also, you could highlight the sun if the mouse is in the area where the next day would be triggered.

I worry as well that it could get super annoying especially as I tend to not use every move every day. It is more common for me to end the day with turns left than not. So I would have that pop-up almost every day and it would drive me nuts.

Either double clicking space would automatically switch the day (once you still have the pop up) or as said above as well a little tick box :)

I would very much appreciate a confirmation for ending the day, as I sometimes accidentally end the day without using up all of my nicheling's turns. I think it should be an option in the settings, however, since not everybody would want to use it.

17 hours ago, Fortuna said:

It wouldn't be every day, it'd only pop up when you have energy left on one of your creatures. But you could probably easily add a ticky box to it of the "Don't show me this message again" variety, which would also be nice.

It would be for me, since I almost always have turns left. The box is definitely something I'd think we need for this. Truthfully I miss the days whe the day changer was in the bottom right corner, because it is incredibly easy to click the button, but those days are long gone.

I would really love an optional confirmation to come up when clicking on the Next Day. I've accidentally clicked it so many times and it would be a nice quality of life improvement to have the option to bring up a confirmation pop-up.  Thanks!