Stray Fawn Community

A new way to play niche (SAVE NICHE!)

Kira.APK

I noticed that after a while, niche can get boring, mainly if there is no challenge or it isnt a challenge like hvvvhc. We need new ways to play niche, to really make it fun. The problem is,i dont really know how to make niche more fun. This suggestion can have all the ideas of making niche more fun. Suggest in the comments!

Space cat said: 

It might help to identify your exact triggers for boredom. Too many nichelings and immunity issues get bad for me, and these are directly related to each other and core game mechanics. So you plot around these and set limitations.

Hoarding problem? Nope. Three food per nicheling.

20+ tribes? Don't stray above 12. Use console when need to for a while and document your experience with that. Play challenges with a maximum of three immunity genes

Difficulty? Get off these green islands and cap your strenght or speed.

Do your lines end up without personality? Use a random generator and assign consoled genes.

Adaption running too fast/ mastering islands too early? Set a percentage of a wanderer blood in each breeding pair

• Like 3

9 replies to this post

It might help to identify your exact triggers for boredom. Too many nichelings and immunity issues get bad for me, and these are directly related to each other and core game mechanics. So you plot around these and set limitations.

Hoarding problem? Nope. Three food per nicheling.

20+ tribes? Don't stray above 12. Use console when need to for a while and document your experience with that. Play challenges with a maximum of three immunity genes

Difficulty? Get off these green islands and cap your strenght or speed.

Do your lines end up without personality? Use a random generator and assign consoled genes.

Adaption running too fast/ mastering islands too early? Set a percentage of a wanderer blood in each breeding pair

• Like 1

I like to turn niche off the moment I'm not having as much fun as I possibly can, and then only come back when I want to. forcing yourself to play something will always make it boring, and taking breaks is important! 

• Like 2

Just now, Floridaball said:

wh

why couldn’t you just play a challenge or something

Well, i usually get bored, unless the challenge is really hard. Such as my squirrel challenge, where predators could instantly kill my squirrels. If the challenge is mostly roleplay, it gets boring.

2 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

It might help to identify your exact triggers for boredom. Too many dragons and immunity issues get bad for me, and these are directly related to each other and core game mechanics.

dragons?

• Like 1

I noticed that its the impossible challenges that tend to be fun. Perhaps if the devs added facters that could make the game harder, the game would be more fun. Perhaps more predators and common prey with more defence would help.

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

I like to turn niche off the moment I'm not having as much fun as I possibly can, and then only come back when I want to. forcing yourself to play something will always make it boring, and taking breaks is important! 

I usually end up playing niche only when i have recently watched a niche video, or got an random idea. Honestly making sandbox settings is my favorite part. Also, when a friend is over, me and my friend often play together, making the game more fun. I like roleplaying with other people. Maybe if the game had more factors for stuff like that, like split screen, the game would be more fun, because multible people would be playing.