Stray Fawn Community

ART DUMP/HOMETHREAD 4.0: potassium

lizardcake

On 8/1/2023 at 4:09 PM, lizardcake said:

I don't even have to click it to know that that's Croi's character :3

On 8/1/2023 at 4:09 PM, lizardcake said:

LKNSALKSWLKAN IT'S MY LITTLE MAN!!! TYSM FOR DRAWING HIM!!

On 8/1/2023 at 4:23 PM, lizardcake said:

thesrhtrs.thumb.png.31a55d48a1bb00ef1a42331fe0bf14af.png

https://artfight.net/character/2867568.abandoned-juice (no the question mark is not backwards what are you talking about)

it doesn't look backwards to me-havei been doing question marks wrong this whole time- *explodes*

2 hours ago, shortcake said:

it doesn't look backwards to me-havei been doing question marks wrong this whole time- *explodes*

i checked and it's not apparently?? i'm just dumb thank you for pointing that out

• Haha 1
  • Paw up 1

6 minutes ago, lizardcake said:

i checked and it's not apparently?? i'm just dumb thank you for pointing that out

wait now i realize i'm even dumber than i thought

i googled "question mark" instead of just. typing it or even just looking at my keyboard

i-

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Loxfeaf said:

Cool!!

Definitely don't simp for them 🙃

👁👄👁

(1: do you know what simp even really means because it’s a a literal animal

2: if you do know please keep these thoughts to yourself because I’m starting to get really weirded out) /gen /srs

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not actually going to return to paint though. i don't have lilytuft powers sadly

instead i'm going to employ a very clever strategy known as doing nothing about the problem and hoping that it'll fix itself 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, lizardcake said:

i'm not actually going to return to paint though. i don't have lilytuft powers sadly

instead i'm going to employ a very clever strategy known as doing nothing about the problem and hoping that it'll fix itself 👍

rip

3 hours ago, lizardcake said:

That's what Valk and I did when we were trying to do multiplayer rain world

• Paw up 1

5 hours ago, lizardcake said:

apparently it only crashes if i click a certain brush?? all i did was change its diameter, jeez

3 minutes ago, lizardcake said:

apparently it only crashes if i click a certain brush?? all i did was change its diameter, jeez

which is awesome (/s) because it's a brush i use very often and am likely to accidentally click!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, pepper_ said:

LIZ CAN YOU DROP THE SHADING TUTORIAL PLEASE ITS SO PRETTY /NF

sure 👍

(side note what does /nf mean i am uneducated in the ways of the tone indicators)

usually i color in the drawing before shading but doing it the other way around works as well!

image.thumb.png.3be706149e7f20dad5ac84208ba60d58.png

then there's the actual shading part! first i just do cel shading. i'm an idiot with zero understanding of how light works so i just usually pick one side to be the one with shadows and the other the one with light. that's the way i pretend i know what i'm doing 👍

for the shadows, i pick a color i think works well with the drawing, create a new layer and set it to multiply.

when it comes to light, set the layer to overlay. i like to just use white, but i think any color will do as long as it's light and not too saturated.

image.thumb.png.d1a4b7250576072370886d734b138f3e.png

finally, i blend the shading with this magical piece of technology known as j)_WaterC_Water-Pattern (this brush image.png.04314a110fe1e4b9aa4a6c382f517761.png)

please tell me if i didn't explain something clearly enough, i'm so used to this program that all of this seems incredibly obvious to me-

image.thumb.png.ba5ed41c63706cd7e2f6f704e123baa8.png

congratulations! you got to the end of this tutorial! goodbyeeeeeeeeee

• Love 5