Stray Fawn Community

unity (important)

MATTRESS

ERM hi guys its me polly pollygussie!  i know theres many people playing rain world / idk if people play niche or not but heres some important stuff i learned about it like an hour ago!!!

unity (the game engine niche, the wandering village, rain world, hollow knight etc was made with) has a new policy that costs the developer a small fee everytime a player installs a game made with unity 

https://www.ign.com/articles/why-unitys-new-install-fees-are-spurring-massive-backlash-among-game-developers

as you can see this can be Very Bad for indie devs and will cause many to have to delist their games off of platforms like steam!!!

:3 i dont know how to end this other than i am filled with Unending Rage right now. 

• Sad 6

5 hours ago, BirbMonster said:

Oh no...

Also I saw this on reddit today is this real

Post image

By de-list pretty sure they mean the game will still exist but you won't be able to buy it. So get it while you can ig...

Ill check it out then, I don't want to not be able to play it at all

4 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

Guess it's time to make dad stop uninstalling our small indie games to make room for his flight simulators' 60GB updates then...

Or maybe not

image.png.52ad12eb0f3794c7c61ac37a2138d3c9.png

Still, this sucks and I feel bad for devs who've spent years working on unfinished that are too far in developent to be moved to a different engine games only to be hit by this