Stray Fawn Community

Bug food source idea + Bug collecting snout

jaxpsylla

So I'm sure a lot of people have already suggested bug collecting snouts, or ways to collect bugs as a food source, but I really like this idea so here we go. 

People of the Niche forums, i present to you.....

THE FROODLE!!

a.PNG.dbdaa829177dea98db443ddb12b7a27f.PNG

That's right!! This cute little guy can be found an nearly every island, and can provide a LOT of food to your tribe! 

Why's it called the Froodle? Cause I'm lazy and couldn't figure out a good name for him. So yeah! FROODLES FOR DAYSSSSS!!!

How's the Froodle found?

The Froodle is found in tree stumps, after a stump has been broken open.

q.png.fce86b94da536315539dcbdc9b6f9627.pnge.png.12983f21492ab0af63ccfe048dde0580.png

A stump can be broken by a creature of 10 strength, and once open, a swarm of Froodles will fall out. The Froodles are too scared to move away from trunk, so no worries about them scurrying off. Here's a pic with some info: 

000.thumb.png.7693c8f0a9537bf140e8ed044ccb2600.png

Once the trunk is open, the Froodles will crawl out and sit around. The bugs can only be collected by Nichelings with Nimble fingers, or the Insect snout. (snout collects 3 bugs at a time, the fingers collect 1 per paw, 2 if you have double paws.)

The bugs are easily scared! So if you sleep by the trunk (pass a day with someone next to it) the bugs will hide back in the trunk! The only way to reach them then is with the Insect snout. The bugs will come back out only if you sit a tile or more away for two days. The bugs give 1 food per bug, and you can collect 10 a day (if the trunk is fully swarming with bugs) so with the snout you can collect a max of 9 bugs a day.

The bugs will grow back 1 on a normal, not raining day. On a raining day, two more bugs will grow back. (by grow back I mean a bug appears, like berries grow back every day.) You don't need to worry about the bugs disappearing, there's always some hiding deep in the trunk, reproducing so the bugs never go extinct. Much like Bunnils. The main problem to deal with is the trunk itself - it won't go back to the old trunk, and you can't sit on it. So be careful with trunk you break. Another thing - other wanderers can also collect the bugs. (And you can attempt to collect bugs.)

ALSO the bugs wont appear in snow mountains, so you cant break trunks on a mountain island. Only in jungles, and grassland islands (and where ever else they can appear)

PHEW! Now that that's over, here's the bug collecting snout! (Insectivorous snout, or my name for it, Sticky tongue snout)

The Sticky tongue snout isn't hard to get, and can be unlocked after collecting, or attempting to collect, 30 bugs. The snout is about as rare as purr snout, so it can be found on wanderers:

001.thumb.png.f49140a8f2a8ce487ce3ddb0ac9c6b24.png

The snout has one collecting, three bug collecting, and two smelling. The snout looks like a big nose, but slightly rounder at the edge with a long tongue sticking out like so:

w.png.4ce36a3273d58a07ae1eec7698891251.png

WELL THATS IT HOPE YOU LIKE IT

002.png

• Like 9

7 replies to this post

How about a giant anteater sort of snout? They're pretty cool

Also maybe there could be a venomous (or something along those lines) variety of froodle that normal nichelings can't eat and you need some sort of pangolin type snout to eat them

I love this idea so much (the froodles are awesome), we really need insectivorous nichelings :D

5d4db826718ec056fa015eb071e1d048.jpg

2018-11-30-21-02-22--590855825.jpg

• Like 2