Stray Fawn Community

What's your take on reincarnating disabled creatures?

Hemophilia, no paw, short sighted nichelings... these elements aren't a necessary part of someone's identity. If asked, I doubt anyone would like to remain arm-less. Nicheling's aren't a someone, though, they have no feelings or being. But for roleplaying purposes, I like to pretend otherwise.

In this framework, what's your take on reincarnation? Should these issues be fixed, sometimes fixed or fixed at all?

Case 1: Indigo

201901112889253571399531276.thumb.jpg.dc31a5d7baeb6a2f73e99f4eaa48da78.jpg

Still beautiful and able to pick her favourite toxic berries.

Case two: shortsighted eyes, double no paw.  Like this guy:

20190119_024750.thumb.jpg.ea3906d54fac9e648ec7ae89ff4c2060.jpg

Additionally, is the derp snout part of who they are, or should they receive a different snout gene? 

• Like 1

Because they've been reincarnated, I say give them better genes. It's like, if they have the power to be born again, they can give themselves better genes. But if the bad genes are an important part of their character, they let them have bad genes.

• Like 2

Well just because they have been reincarnated doesn't mean they can't run out of luck. If they reincarnated themselves maybe there are the limits of their power. Like they can be reincarnated but they aren't strong enough to give themselves better genes. If they are reincarnated by a higher power, maybe them having flaws is a plan of the higher power for their character development or part of their destiny :)

• Like 2

Crippled paw or blindness maybe, but I think shortsightedness isn't much of a disability. Heck I'm a bit shortsighted and though I do badly need some glasses, it's obviously not debilitating XD. But if you're going to cure them that much you might as well make them perfect XD

I don't really know though, since I haven't encountered this issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bostonlobstah said:

Crippled paw or blindness maybe, but I think shortsightedness isn't much of a disability. Heck I'm a bit shortsighted and though I do badly need some glasses, it's obviously not debilitating XD. But if you're going to cure them that much you might as well make them perfect XD

I don't really know though, since I haven't encountered this issue. 

I'm kinda shortsighted too, my parents both have glasses and I wanted them my entire life. In September I got glasses and it's so weird when iItake them off because I can't even read the captions on a tv like woah

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

I'm kinda shortsighted too

I'm shortsighted and I require glasses to read simple things like reading text on a computer screen. Seriously, if I take off my glasses right now I can't read this text. Interestingly enough my parents don't need glasses.

• Like 4