Stray Fawn Community

WARRIORS UPDATE PLAYTHROUGH!

medicine cat

OH BOY OH BOY HAVE I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
THAT'S RIGHT, ladies and gentlefolk! It is time for... the NEW and IMPROVED update of the warriors challenge! I'm so excited! This allows for a more accurate playthrough of the warriors universe. Thrills! Gyrations! Exhortations! Aggravations! All of them await you in the new Warriors Challenge!
We'll start with setup. As far as settings go, this is how it'll be for my challenge:
AGE SETTINGS:
(1 day in-game time = approx. 1 moon warrior time?)
Baby : 1 day. Kittens in real life are usually up and walking by one month old, and it's more interesting to have a kit that's up and walking.
Child : 4 days. Kits can still move around but can't become apprentices.
Teen : 8 days. These are your apprentices! Don't worry, They'll still be useful around camp.
Adult : 100 days. Just to keep character development going and leaders as leaders for a while.
Pregnancy duration: 3 days, to match a queen's usual gestation period.
DAMAGE/HEALING SETTINGS:
These depend on how hard you want your game to be. I'm keeping mine at:
Enemy Damage x 27
Hunger Damage x 1
Environment Damage x 9
Healing x 3
GAMEPLAY:
I'll be starting with 0 food and 0 nesting material. It do be like that.
I'll also be removing rogue males.
Just to play it safe, we start out on Tiny Green..

• Like 6

Our two starters are, to say the least, unique. Meet Dearlybeloved and Firststar, founders of the clan.
Firststar is lax and gentle. He was very sickly as a young kit, so he was often catered to and had things done for him. This bothered him greatly, for he wanted to prove that he was more than just a sickly kit. Therefore he became a rogue, and in that manner he met Dearlybeloved. He convinced her to run away with him.
Dearlybeloved, Firststar's mate, is named for her unique appearance, one that had never been seen in her birth clan when she was born. She was considered a gift from Starclan. Though she can be jovial, she is overall serious and at every waking moment is thinking of how she can best help the clan.
945965034_ScreenShot2019-03-03at7_31_40PM.png.d45cd60bbc2afc4b5016fa6c393e1491.png
Now, a clan isn't built by lollygagging. Therefore, it's going to take some exploring for food and nest material for the couple to make a fitting clan base.
After about six moons, they decide it's time to have a kit. Their firstborn is Conjurekit. She is quirky, and she has about her the stoic nature only achievable by a toddler or a mountain gorilla. She is a skilled hunter, and she reminds Firststar of Dearlybeloved. The family is off to a great start.
1565883424_ScreenShot2019-03-03at7_51_17PM.png.cb7e9398064a7a3578bee70d5f10689e.png
Conjurepaw grows into a fine young apprentice, and Dearlybeloved is the one to mentor her. One day while patrolling, Conjurepaw comes across another young adolescent. She goes to attack, but feels sharp pain as she digs into the spines on the strange she-cat's back.
"Yikes! Watch it!" The she-cat yelps in suprise. Her voice is not one of annoyance, but of being caught off-guard.
"You're on--ow!-- our territory," growled out Conjurepaw, wincing and licking her wounds when she tries to stand back up. Conjurepaw comes to find that the she-cat is actually looking for a new clan. She dreams of being a warrior. Her name is Sweeppaw. She is accepted by Firststar into the clan, and Firststar takes her as his apprentice.
121186782_ScreenShot2019-03-03at7_56_00PM.png.b0dd219344927756ea79c40a1c145bd1.png
One day while foraging for food, Firststar disturbs a termite nest. Yowling in pain, he is taken aback, and it's safe to say he wouldn't have survived without the help of a stranger coming by. His name is Breezecaller. He explains that he is a medicine cat looking for a clan to reside with since his old clan had no need for one and he felt called outward. Firststar accepts him into the clan.
641506086_ScreenShot2019-03-03at8_04_01PM.png.ef5f96c29fd1c928d70b9aea36134508.png
Sweeppaw reaches maturity, and it is decided that she shall become a warrior. She is renamed Sweeplotus for her beauty. Jealous, Conjurepaw begins avoiding her family and her friend.
"What's wrong?" Asks Firststar one day, sitting beside his daughter.
"Sweeplotus gets to be a warrior before I do!" said the apprentice. "I was here before her. I was the one who FOUND her!" She turns to her father tearfully. "Do you like her better than you like me?"
"Never," says Firststar gently. "We gave her position because she's older than you. Your coming-of-age is fast approaching too, Conjurepaw." Firststar smiled. "A bit too fast. Besides, don't you think a true warrior would be happy for their friend's promotion?"
"I guess so,"Conjurepaw says. "I just hope she'll still hang out wih me."
"Sure she will!" says Firststar. "Even while you're waiting to be  warrior, I'm sure she's happy to speak with you. She misses you, you know."
This settles it for Conjurepaw- she runs off to meet her friend.
Firststar is right- the next moon, Conjurepaw is promoted to Conjurenettle. Not long after, Dearlybeloved makes a new proclomation- she is expecting her next kit!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

641506086_ScreenShot2019-03-03at8_04_01PM.png.ef5f96c29fd1c928d70b9aea36134508.png

CHICKADEE HAS RESURRECTED HIMSELF even tho he's not a god (he's that spiky guy beside the bush. I was sure I had a better picture of him 😧)

Birdies-Platypus-Sparrow.thumb.png.08f6c65773c78c5d6ffa87668b1251d8.png

• Like 3

The clan is joined by Tailhawk, named for his sharp tail and intimidating demeanour. However, don't let that fool you- he is a peaceful soul and hates arguing.
1272785446_ScreenShot2019-03-04at2_36_45PM.png.4e41f2ecaf09f6b7d3af8e5c5e9337eb.png
Meanwhile, Dearlybeloved has another daughter- Tankit. She is bashful and stubborn, making her a bit more difficult to raise than her sister.
470500066_ScreenShot2019-03-04at7_07_56PM.png.500a26a4e49ebd2b6b3202adfa6e8dc1.png
Tailhawk befriends Breezecaller. During their talks, Tailhawk makes a confession.
"I really hope to have kits one day. I am jealous of Firststar's family."
"Then why not join his family?" Asks Breezecaller with a flick of his tail toward Conjurenettle across the clearing. "Conjurenettle has no mate. She is also the same age as you." He thinks. "If she is not your taste, then perhaps you should get to know Sweeplotus."
Admittedly, Tailhawk finds the both of them suitable mates. However, he finds the more attractive of the two to be Sweeplotus, and thus he decides to speak to her first. He asks her to go on a walk with him, and she agrees. They later become mates.
Tankit grows into an apprentice and is promoted to Tanpaw. Conjurenettle is assigned as her mentor, which makes Conjurnettle overjoyed.
Sweeplotus announces that she is kitting, and soon Dearlybeloved announces her third kit. Firststar secretly hopes that he is to have a son.
Even if Firststar doesn't have a son, worry not- Sweeplotus' kit is born, and he is a healthy golden tomkit. He is named Fieldkit. He is lax and quirky. Tailhawk is extremely proud of his son, but Breezecaller holds a grim prophecy for the kit.
1820608381_ScreenShot2019-03-04at7_25_59PM.png.fd6ab3714f9928e53c2a89df3f16e3a0.png
"He will not be a good warrior," he confides to his friend where Sweeplotus can't hear.
"What makes you say that? He's perfectly healthy!"
"I have had dreams, Tailhawk." Breezecaller flattens his ears. "He will die in battle if he pursues the path of a warrior."
Offended, Tailhawk walks away. Breezecaller is just jealous- he can't have kits!
Dearlybeloved gives birth, but the litter does not survive. The she-cat is inconsolable, and will not speak, even when Tanpaw is promoted to a warrior as Tanrubble.
Fieldkit grows into Fieldpaw. Thinking it will help take her mind off things, Firststar assigns him as Dearlybeloved's apprentice. She doesn't want to, but eventually agrees.
Sweeplotus has another son named Littlekit. He is bold and serious, but admittedly a bit selfish, often putting his own needs before the needs of the clan.
136260368_ScreenShot2019-03-04at7_47_23PM.png.2077c9dbf91a264f8d33da383e20c675.png
Dearlybeloved, while out training Fieldpaw, hears a sound in the bushes and warns him to run, for she knows that it is a predator. However, Fieldpaw is determined to show himself a brave warrior. He charges at the predator valiantly, but Dearlybeloved is well aware he doesn't have a chance. She leaps in front of him to defend the apprentice, but in the process is killed. Determined to not go home defeated, he actually does manage to kill the bearyena before dying from his wounds. The one to find him is Tailhawk. He approaches Breezecaller shakily, still in disbelief.
"Your prophecy. It was true." He chokes out the words. "I should have believed you, Breezecaller."
Breezecaller, confused, approaches the shaken tom. "Tailhawk?"
"He was killed, Breezecaller. Both he and Dearlybeloved." He sinks to the ground. "I haven't told anyone. How could I possibly begin?"
"I... I will manage that. It's my job." Breezecaller faces the clan, calling together a meeting.
The clan is shaken by the loss of the apprentice and his mentor- their mother and their son.
In the aftermath of the tragedy, Firststar must also come to terms with his own mortality. He's no longer the new warrior he once was. He needs a deputy. But who?

• Like 2

"Sweeplotus," calls Firststar. "I need to speak with you."
"Yes, Firststar," she says quietly, following him into his den.
"I am deeply sorry for the loss of your son," says Firststar. "You must be sharing a similar pain to the pain that I feel with losing Dearlybeloved. If you need anything, I am here."
"Yes, sir. Thank you for your support." After a moment, she turns to go, but Firststar stops her again.
"That is not the only reason I called you into my den." His voice is serious, but not angry. "I... need to be secure that I will have someone to take my place after I die." For a heartbeat, he pauses. "My daughters are young and strong, but if I choose them as my successors, what follows will be a monarchy. That is not based on leadership. Monarchies are of arrogance." His dark eyes meet hers. "I want you to be my deputy, Sweeplotus."
Sweeplotus doesn't know how to react. but to be invited to be deputy is a high honor. She agrees emphatically.
It is time for Littlepaw to be mentored, and Firststar asks Sweeplotus her opinion of who she would like to mentor her son. She decides upon Tanrubble, saying it would help her mature as a warrior.
"A fine choice, Sweeplotus," Firststar says. "Deciding on logic and not by emotion."

"Firststar," calls a familiar voice from the back of Firststar's mind. The unmistakable figure of Dearlybeloved approaches him. "Firststar. It's time to move on."
"Move on? I have to keep guiding the clan. It isn't my time yet."
"Not you, silly," says Dearlybeloved, her eyes visible now. Her face is distorted through the glowing that surrounds her, but Firststar knows it's her. "The clan. Take them from this old island."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive." There is a silence between the two of them in the darkness.
"I miss you."
She smiles, but does not return the compliment. "You still have much to do. Keep going."
He wakes up in his den, and later that day alerts them of his plans. It isn't long before they arrive on their new island- the Jungle Gate.
1732159630_ScreenShot2019-03-04at8_16_41PM.png.6f229006260d7354277f0ea8e8cad134.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jojo said:

When kits die at birth do you roll a random generator or just decide yourself?

she has the environmental damage at x9, so the kit was probably sick and died very quickly.

21 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

she has the environmental damage at x9, so the kit was probably sick and died very quickly.

Thats 9 damage instead of 1. They have 113 days and are born with damage on day 1, giving a base lifespan of 103. 10 days alive aren't that short and with x3 healing, she might live a bit longer. 

3 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

Thats 9 damage instead of 1. They have 113 days and are born with damage on day 1, giving a base lifespan of 103. 10 days alive aren't that short and with x3 healing, she might live a bit longer. 

o

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:09 AM, Jojo said:

When kits die at birth do you roll a random generator or just decide yourself?

Sometimes I decide, sometimes I roll off here.

5 hours ago, Basil said:

DOES DEARLYBELOVED NOT LOVE FIRSTSTAR?? 

DON'T WORRY SHE DOES
She's just a bit awkward with showing affection; she was trying to focus on getting him moved to the next island.
That and she's a little bit annoyed that she got killed with the apprentice he assigned her

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, medicine cat said:

DON'T WORRY SHE DOES
She's just a bit awkward with showing affection; she was trying to focus on getting him moved to the next island.
That and she's a little bit annoyed that she got killed with the apprentice he assigned her

Oh okay phew

i was about to freak