Stray Fawn Community

attention all cat owners

Goggles-kun

Keep your damn cat indoors!

No, I don’t hate cats. I love cats. They’re super cute and I have always wanted a cat. This is for the irresponsible cat owners that let their kitties outdoors unsupervised or not on a leash. 

Domestic cats have been wreaking havoc on local bird populations for years, and researchers have found they kill up to 230 million native Australian animals each year. Letting your cats roam freely outdoors just isn’t a good thing for your cat, either. The following can happen to your precious Mr. Mittens if you let it do whatever it pleases unsupervised outside:

1. It can get hit by a car
  2. It can get killed by a dog/coyote/bobcat/other city-roaming wild animals (or even something stupid like a raccoon) 
  3. It can get caught on something and can’t get loose like a fence (yes, cats can hang themselves on fences)
  4. It can get infected with a disease that’ll either kill it, reduce its wellbeing and/or lifespan, or cause a fortune to cure
  5. It can get in trouble with feral cat populations or get impregnated by a feral cat (it can probably get an STD from that!)
  6. It can get hurt in literally anyway

Even if your cat loves you more than anything else, they are still feral animals at heart. It’s like letting an untrained dog loose in the neighborhood and expecting it to come back to you solely because you feed it. That dog doesn’t care, you never trained it to care. So why would you expect a cat to not do the same?

please, keep your cat indoors.

• Like 3
  • Paw up 3

in my city, unconfined (aka, outdoors and not within a fenced area or on a leash) animals are outlawed, including cats. (Trap-Neuter-Release cats are exempt) of course, that doesn't stop some people, unfortunately :(

• Like 1

my cats are outdoor, have been for a while, and while I don't like keeping them indoors, I can see where your coming from. Unforchunetly, they do prey upon the tiny animals, which makes me sad. Once one killed and ate a whole birdo right in front of me (rip bird). But yes I respect your opinion. 

my cat does come back but is very hard to get back when we look for him,  he just comes back, luckily he is a he and is more interested in the backyard but corona means that wild cats are dangerous, so we can't let cat out especially,  so even if you find your cat it might have corona.