Stray Fawn Community

What to not tell to a newbie

lizardcake

2 hours ago, Alex the Dead Lizard said:

You might have summoned a demon through a command. You must exorcize your computer to get niche to work properly again.

What happens if you "tame" a bearyena cub?

It becomes easier to kill and gives you twice as much food! Kill it before it grows up.

How do I got back to the previous island? 

52 minutes ago, A Nicheling said:

It becomes easier to kill and gives you twice as much food! Kill it before it grows up.

How do I got back to the previous island? 

you have to swim just make sure they have water body and gills and webbed feet or they will not make it

why do my nichelings have pods on their chest is it an infection?? it looks painful is it dangerous???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GAMINGSPOOKIE said:

you have to swim just make sure they have water body and gills and webbed feet or they will not make it

why do my nichelings have pods on their chest is it an infection?? it looks painful is it dangerous???

It is a glitch in the nicheling model they never fixed, though they can twinkle like Christmas lights if you use the console command “deleteoccupant”

Can nichelings learn to use fire? Since it’s meant to be about evolution.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A Nicheling said:

It is a glitch in the nicheling model they never fixed, though they can twinkle like Christmas lights if you use the console command “deleteoccupant”

Can nichelings learn to use fire? Since it’s meant to be about evolution.

they must undergo through evolution for the equivalent of several million years in the game to become man in order to discover fire, you would have to survive for like at least a billion days

how do i get the mikcey mouse ears

• Haha 1

Just now, GAMINGSPOOKIE said:

they must undergo through evolution for the equivalent of several million years in the game to become man in order to discover fire, you would have to survive for like at least a billion days

how do i get the mikcey mouse ears

You can’t get them anymore since Disney sued SFS for copyright infringement 

Why are all the Nichelings staring at my mouse? It’s creepy!!1!1!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, A Nicheling said:

You can’t get them anymore since Disney sued SFS for copyright infringement 

Why are all the Nichelings staring at my mouse? It’s creepy!!1!1!

every copy of niche is personalized....yours seems to have the curse. uninstall the game. NOW

what does the weid tree with the mango thingss on it do

• Haha 3

The mango stinky tree makes your Nichelings smell so horrible that everything around them dies in the next turn. Use this to your advantage, place them next to rogues and apes to kill them.

idk what I pressed but now all my screen is in black and white except a few outlines of some creatures, what is this?

3 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

idk what I pressed but now all my screen is in black and white except a few outlines of some creatures, what is this?

Your colour-blind. DUH

i was playing fine, then the niche window dissapeared and my steam said it closed! what happened!?

7 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

Your colour-blind. DUH

i was playing fine, then the niche window dissapeared and my steam said it closed! what happened!?

You're getting hacked, and somebody is on your computer. You gotta delete everything on your computer to get the hacker out. 

Can I invite Ramfoxes to my tribe, since they look so much like nichelings? 

1 minute ago, Alex the Dead Lizard said:

You're getting hacked, and somebody is on your computer. You gotta delete everything on your computer to get the hacker out. 

Can I invite Ramfoxes to my tribe, since they look so much like nichelings? 

Yeah, you just have to sacrafice one nicheling to them before they'll agree.

What's that weird orange fruit that's blue on smelly view?

30 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

Explosives. DO NOT EAT THEM. ESSPECIALY IF YOU ARE LOW ON FOOD.

my nichelings are dying out. WHY!?!?!?

your tribe probably has a pandemic. you have to develop a vaccine and make sure all of them have the mask pattern to get rid of it

how do i kill the crabs

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GAMINGSPOOKIE said:

your tribe probably has a pandemic. you have to develop a vaccine and make sure all of them have the mask pattern to get rid of it

how do i kill the crabs

With fire

What are those annoying birds that steal nests?

They are demons and ghosts that will haunt any nicheling that attacks them and make all their mates, children and family be attacked by apes even if they aren't in the jungle! 

Why does my nicheling have pure white fur and red eyes even though it says they have different colored fur? 

1 hour ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

They are demons and ghosts that will haunt any nicheling that attacks them and make all their mates, children and family be attacked by apes even if they aren't in the jungle! 

Why does my nicheling have pure white fur and red eyes even though it says they have different colored fur? 

They ate something that poisoned them badly! Give them healing plants and they should return to their true color.

How much does niche cost? I want to get the game.

5 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

How much does niche cost? I want to get the game.

You need to visit the niche keeper of souls. They give you niche if you give them your soul. Pretty reasonable, if you ask me!

There is this big eyed ape. what do i do?

13 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

You need to visit the niche keeper of souls. They give you niche if you give them your soul. Pretty reasonable, if you ask me!

There is this big eyed ape. what do i do?

Go near it, it'll give your nichelings wisdom and give them superpowers! 

Why do these wanderers with two deformed paws follow my females around and breed with them?

Edited by AndromedaTheGalaxyCat
Changed the wording of the question

14 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

Go near it, it'll give your nichelings wisdom and give them superpowers! 

Why do these wanderers with two deformed paws follow my females around and breed with them?

Because they want to raise a family! Let them breed.

what is the “mutation menu”?

9 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

Because they want to raise a family! Let them breed.

what is the “mutation menu”?

If you select a gene in the mutation menu for a specific creature, they'll magically mutate that gene! So helpful, right?

I'm trying to breed 2 creatures, but it's telling me it won't work because of fertility. How do I fix this?

2 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

If you select a gene in the mutation menu for a specific creature, they'll magically mutate that gene! So helpful, right?

I'm trying to breed 2 creatures, but it's telling me it won't work because of fertility. How do I fix this?

They don’t like each other, you should seek another pair. Fertility depends on how much the Nichelings want to bread.

Why I can’t hit the crabs? Is the game bugged?

11 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

They don’t like each other, you should seek another pair. Fertility depends on how much the Nichelings want to bread.

Why I can’t hit the crabs? Is the game bugged?

You need to do a ritual known as the crab dance by putting multiple baby creatures near them and keeping them there until they grow their 3rd gem. Then the crab will die. If the crab dies before the creatures grow their 3rd gems, then that crab is cursed and its meat cannot be picked up.

I'm playing in the mountains and this thing called a Balance Bear appeared. Is it dangerous? What should I do?

9 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

You need to do a ritual known as the crab dance by putting multiple baby creatures near them and keeping them there until they grow their 3rd gem. Then the crab will die. If the crab dies before the creatures grow their 3rd gems, then that crab is cursed and its meat cannot be picked up.

I'm playing in the mountains and this thing called a Balance Bear appeared. Is it dangerous? What should I do?

You should try balancing your nichelings on its head. Then it will give you meat to eat. 

Why do some grasses keep reappearing even after I cleared it? 

9 hours ago, Alex the Dead Lizard said:

You should try balancing your nichelings on its head. Then it will give you meat to eat. 

Why do some grasses keep reappearing even after I cleared it? 

The biome will slowly grow back to its original state and take over your Nichelings once all grass regrows, you need to clear it completely!

What are defender bears and why I can’t see them?

1 hour ago, A Nicheling said:

The biome will slowly grow back to its original state and take over your Nichelings once all grass regrows, you need to clear it completely!

What are defender bears and why I can’t see them?

It's because they're invisible! Always be on edge.    

I'm in the mountains and one of my nichelings can't move and is taking damage every turn. How do I fix this?