Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

(Hi. I'm still traveling, but right now I have internet. Might do a scene between my characters if I have the energy to, though waking up early, sitting in a car all day and spending time with my relatives really took it out of me. I appreciate you guys for not burning down the thread and I'm very proud of you.

If you're getting bored, here are some suggestions/promts you can do

• Things to consider about your character:
    • Do they miss their family? Do they wish they could go back?
    • Do they think they can go back?
    • If yes, maybe have them try to think of ways to go back?
    • Surely there must be something out there, if I just walk far enough, right? Though that other spirit said not to...
    • Help, I might be getting lost
    • How do they feel about everyone they know allegedly forgetting them? Are they sad? Angry? Confused? In denial?
    • If they were forgotten, there's a chance someone they knew could have been as well. Would your nicheling want to find out?
    • How does your nicheling deal with the boredom? Do they try to make the most of it by doing things as close as possible to things they enjoyed in life? Do they arrange pebbles in patterns that can be felt, though barely seen? Do they explore the nearby area, attempting to find out all of its secrets? Do they just give up?
    • On the topic of giving up, how far is your nicheling willing to go to try and change things?
    • What's a thing your nicheling loved in life that isn't available here? How does that make your nicheling feel?
    • Is it getting harder or easier for your nicheling to recall basic consepts from life like colors, light, different types of plants, etc?
    • Is there anything about this place your nicheling prefers to the way it was in life?
    • How does the lack of colors and light impact your nicheling?
    • If your nicheling's flashbacks haven't revealed their reflection or fur color, do they struggle with body image?
    • How much was your nicheling's personality affected by things that happened to them? How different are they without those memories? Do they have left over tendencies or quirks that only make sense after regaining a bit of memory?)
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Liljatonttu said:

(Hi. I'm still traveling, but right now I have internet. Might do a scene between my characters if I have the energy to, though waking up early, sitting in a car all day and spending time with my relatives really took it out of me. I appreciate you guys for not burning down the thread and I'm very proud of you.

If you're getting bored, here are some suggestions/promts you can do

• Things to consider about your character:
    • Do they miss their family? Do they wish they could go back?
    • Do they think they can go back?
    • If yes, maybe have them try to think of ways to go back?
    • Surely there must be something out there, if I just walk far enough, right? Though that other spirit said not to...
    • Help, I might be getting lost
    • How do they feel about everyone they know allegedly forgetting them? Are they sad? Angry? Confused? In denial?
    • If they were forgotten, there's a chance someone they knew could have been as well. Would your nicheling want to find out?
    • How does your nicheling deal with the boredom? Do they try to make the most of it by doing things as close as possible to things they enjoyed in life? Do they arrange pebbles in patterns that can be felt, though barely seen? Do they explore the nearby area, attempting to find out all of its secrets? Do they just give up?
    • On the topic of giving up, how far is your nicheling willing to go to try and change things?
    • What's a thing your nicheling loved in life that isn't available here? How does that make your nicheling feel?
    • Is it getting harder or easier for your nicheling to recall basic consepts from life like colors, light, different types of plants, etc?
    • Is there anything about this place your nicheling prefers to the way it was in life?
    • How does the lack of colors and light impact your nicheling?
    • If your nicheling's flashbacks haven't revealed their reflection or fur color, do they struggle with body image?
    • How much was your nicheling's personality affected by things that happened to them? How different are they without those memories? Do they have left over tendencies or quirks that only make sense after regaining a bit of memory?)

(ooo it would be an interesting story arc for Quacktail to be in denial over the fact that Dari and her kids forgot about her)

• Eek! 2

The wave of newcomers took Guiding by surprise and she needed a moment to gather her thoughts.

This place is going to be so much more lively than before. For a short while. So many new spirits forced to share our fate. So many more that will just end up getting lost...

She turned her attention to Fangs, who was standing around with the newcomers and speaking to one of them.

He's alright! And he also wandered off by himself again, despite me telling him multiple times not to! He could have gotten lost! That idiot! His stubborness could have cost me my only companion!

He noticed her and walked over. She frowned at him, her eyes being the only thing visible making it easy to cover up her distress. She was angry and didn't want to show him she cared at the moment.

"Ah, I see you've found a newcomer too!"

-Why did you go out by yourself?

"You were asleep. I saw the spiky one up on that hill and didn't want to bother you."

-You could have gotten lost!

"I made sure I knew which way I came from! Besides, I wouldn't have been alone. It would have been fine and we'd have found the way back eventually."

She knew from his tone that he was omitting some of the truth, but to her annoyance he did have a point.

-You should have at least told me where you were going! she retorted, but she knew it was obvious from her tone that she'd lost this fight.

"I'll wake you up next time," he reassured her. "And isn't it a good thing I went out? Otherwise we might not have found them." He pointed to the group of newcomers.

-So many at once...

"That's not even all of them. I ran into two more, but couldn't keep track of them. They seemed to be sticking together so I figured the lost one was higher priority."

-There's a lost one?

"Yeah, the one with the spikes. They seem to be recovering pretty well though."

She took a better look at the aforementioned spirit. Could it be true? Had he found someone from before? They seemed to be engaging in the discussion, but there was something off about the way they moved, observed their surroundings and reacted to things. This seemed to back up his theory. She wondered if they could be someone she'd met before.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liljatonttu said:

The wave of newcomers took Guiding by surprise and she needed a moment to gather her thoughts.

This place is going to be so much more lively than before. For a short while. So many new spirits forced to share our fate. So many more that will just end up getting lost...

She turned her attention to Fangs, who was standing around with the newcomers and speaking to one of them.

He's alright! And he also wandered off by himself again, despite me telling him multiple times not to! He could have gotten lost! That idiot! His stubborness could have cost me my only companion!

He noticed her and walked over. She frowned at him, her eyes being the only thing visible making it easy to cover up her distress. She was angry and didn't want to show him she cared at the moment.

"Ah, I see you've found a newcomer too!"

-Why did you go out by yourself?

"You were asleep. I saw the spiky one up on that hill and didn't want to bother you."

-You could have gotten lost!

"I made sure I knew which way I came from! Besides, I wouldn't have been alone. It would have been fine and we'd have found the way back eventually."

She knew from his tone that he was omitting some of the truth, but to her annoyance he did have a point.

-You should have at least told me where you were going! she retorted, but she knew it was obvious from her tone that she'd lost this fight.

"I'll wake you up next time," he reassured her. "And isn't it a good thing I went out? Otherwise we might not have found them." He pointed to the group of newcomers.

-So many at once...

"That's not even all of them. I ran into two more, but couldn't keep track of them. They seemed to be sticking together so I figured the lost one was higher priority."

-There's a lost one?

"Yeah, the one with the spikes. They seem to be recovering pretty well though."

She took a better look at the aforementioned spirit. Could it be true? Had he found someone from before? They seemed to be engaging in the discussion, but there was something off about the way they moved, observed their surroundings and reacted to things. This seemed to back up his theory. She wondered if they could be someone she'd met before.

He noticed the spirits talking. They remind me of something, but I can't remember what....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

The nicheling seems innocent. I can let my guard down for once, right? 

"I'm sorry for scaring you." He looked down as if to say sorry.

That expression...the spirit had seen it before. A pair of lights and a shadowy figure with shapes ontop of their head flashed through their mind.

Their eyes flashed black. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

That expression...the spirit had seen it before. A pair of lights and a shadowy figure with shapes ontop of their head flashed through their mind.

Their eyes flashed black. 

He looked at them, confused. What? What's happening to them?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

"Ok, new shadow" said the spirit. Guiding...the shadow mentioned them. I guess we really are here, where we were going to. The swamp.

16 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

"...Hello there." He grumbled. 

They seem too nice. I don't trust them. 

"Don't trust anyone." The familiar yet also unfamiliar words rang in his head again.

'Well then what are your names?' he asked, trying to strike up a conversation. 'Or do you have any yet?' 

He did feel a little bad for asking them questions that he didn't really care for the answers, but he needed to know if these others had any memories. It would help him find his own memories, he was sure if it! He sat down, grunting slightly, then he frowned at his paw. Where did this limp even come from? It would make getting back home ten times harder. But he would get back home. Eventually. He hoped. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Well then what are your names?' he asked, trying to strike up a conversation. 'Or do you have any yet?' 

He did feel a little bad for asking them questions that he didn't really care for the answers, but he needed to know if these others had any memories. It would help him find his own memories, he was sure if it! He sat down, grunting slightly, then he frowned at his paw. Where did this limp even come from? It would make getting back home ten times harder. But he would get back home. Eventually. He hoped. 

"My name is-" He growled and cursed under his breath. "I don't know my name."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

"My name is-" He growled and cursed under his breath. "I don't know my name."

7 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

14 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

He looked at them, confused. What? What's happening to them?

The spirit's eyes became white again.

"Yeah...I got nothing. Met someone who said Quacktail was their nick-name. Whatever that means..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

(im awake and feeling better than yesterday! whos up to meet my winged fella)

(Yup! Me, stranger, and andromeda are having a conversation nearby Fangs and Guiding at the swamp.

7 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

((Here's a good place to start

• Like 1

(ok i have NO idea where i left her last so im gonna make some stuff up)

The winged figure trotted through the dark lands, keeping her ears perked and senses sharp. She didn't know what lived here, and if it was dangerous, she didn't care to find out. She spotted a few other figures, their shapes unidentifiable at first glance, but they looked similar enough to herself that she figured they were safe. She turned sharply and trotted toward them, stopping just a branch-length away and sitting to observe. She didn't speak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

The spirit's eyes became white again.

"Yeah...I got nothing. Met someone who said Quacktail was their nick-name. Whatever that means..."

"What just happened to you? Why were your eyes flashing?" Maybe I shouldn't trust this nicheling.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

"What just happened to you? Why were your eyes flashing?" Maybe I shouldn't trust this nicheling.

"Eyes?" Asked the spirit, confused, they didn't even know that the lights were called eyes. And because they couldn't see their own they had no idea they had even flashed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

"Eyes?" Asked the spirit, confused, they didn't even know that the lights were called eyes. And because they couldn't see their own they had no idea they had even flashed.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused. Does this nicheling really not know what eyes are? Maybe I should be nice to them. 

No, they're probably just playing dumb and they might be plotting something! 

Maybe I can trust them....for now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused. Does this nicheling really not know what eyes are? Maybe I should be nice to them. 

No, they're probably just playing dumb and they might be plotting something! 

Maybe I can trust them....for now.

"I don't know a lot of words. I think of them sometimes...I mean I remember, but not all."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

"Oh." He said. 

They see to be telling the truth. I can trust them......I think.

3 hours ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

(ok i have NO idea where i left her last so im gonna make some stuff up)

The winged figure trotted through the dark lands, keeping her ears perked and senses sharp. She didn't know what lived here, and if it was dangerous, she didn't care to find out. She spotted a few other figures, their shapes unidentifiable at first glance, but they looked similar enough to herself that she figured they were safe. She turned sharply and trotted toward them, stopping just a branch-length away and sitting to observe. She didn't speak.

"Hey! Another pair of lights....erm...eyes? Over there!" The spirit pointed at the pair approaching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

"Hey! Another pair of lights....erm...eyes? Over there!" The spirit pointed at the pair approaching.

He looked and noticed them. Great, more nichelings that are probably plotting something.

• Like 1

-How could we possibly keep all of them safe?

"You guided more of them last time."

-And look how that turned out. They all wandered off, no matter how many warnings I gave. I can't guide anyone and it's time I accepted it.

"I'm still here. And I'll help you keep them around. It's going to be fine. And besides, what option do we have? Just let them get lost without even trying to prevent it?"

Guiding kept her head low, but Fangs could tell he'd cheered her up at least a little. He stepped a little closer, his cold dark fur brushing against hers, and rested his head on her neck.

-Where would I be without you? she whispered.

"Still on this same swamp, waiting. And without you I'd still be out there wandering endlessly without a thought going through my head."

She leaned into his fur. Their closeness provided no warmth, but it was comforting.

"We saved each other. I wish we could stay like this forever. We make a good pair."

She tensed, then backed away a few steps and shook her head.

-You know I can't.

• Like 1