Stray Fawn Community

Skysplash8's WC Challenge Playthrough: DuskClan

Sky

Once upon a time, a baby named Dusktail was snatched away from his parents and nearly died. He renamed himself Duskstar the Great. He decided he wanted to gather a group of cats and leave the Clan. However, there was no clan, nor any other cats, so he decided to make his own clan first. He also wanted to find a wanderer and be mates with them (seriously, that's what my random generator picked out from my custom selection of aspirations.). This seemed to tie in well with his first idea, so his legs agreed with his brain that he should go to a new island in order to find some cats.

20181029151056_1.thumb.jpg.fb05867269fbaed5383dcf3df396ed9c.jpg

Oh, look, he found a wander named Eve. Duskstar decided this would be his mate, since he didn't have a choice, and made her dump her old name and become known as Needlefall. She wants to defeat a predator and have multiple mates at the same time. Sorry, Duskstar.

20181029151228_1.thumb.jpg.2fc69dd090c24ccb2415a26decc66a5c.jpg

They had a kid named Mintfoot. He wants to destroy lots of berry bushes when he grows up. 

20181029151501_1.thumb.jpg.f5fb8e400c77323be70515f099e23cf5.jpg

Next island, here we come!

20181029151839_1.thumb.jpg.451f7966a0d4b110a7ac887805b4c224.jpg

Ooh, another kit! Hi, Weaselhill! She wants to dig up roots and worms for a living. Also, Mintfoot decided he wants to come with his father when part of the clan goes and leaves. Interesting.

20181029152230_1.thumb.jpg.d186b58a5ea96398b434d6a1f67cc5be.jpg

Duskstar and Mintfoor decided to leave the clan like they always wanted to, leaving Needlefall as Needlestar and poor little apprentice Weaselhill as deputy. At least Dusktail (he's not leader anymore, so no more -star) left Needlestar pregnant so that she can carry on the clan without him. Weaselhill will probably be able to find Mintfoot once she's an adult and have a kit or two with him before he runs away. (I wanted to get a pic of Dusktail and Mintfoot together after I released them, but they ran as soon as they were free from all responsibilities of Clanship.)

Needlestar and Weaselhill have their kits, Hollowshine and Mintbreath (seriously, that's what my generator named him. I guess he's got some pretty good breath.)

20181029153147_1.thumb.jpg.d81f8f5ea408c339de25237942fb0563.jpg

20181029153425_1.thumb.jpg.df111327c6887c26a6da0d6c12526c3d.jpg

20181029153428_1.thumb.jpg.6d7ee759f5ce41afaa4f9fa2eb1b095d.jpg

Right before giving birth, Weaselhill decided she wants to find a wanderer and be mates with them. Technically Mintfoot is a wanderer, but he doesn't count. Lucklily, the small clan smells a wandering male who looks like he has derp snout and webbed hindlegs. Hollowshine is tiny, but she wants to dig a lot, just like her older sister. Mintbreath, meanwhile, wants to find a wnaderer and be mates with them, just like his mother and grandfather.

Weaselhill eventually found the wanderer, named Thrushblaze, who wants to have a cosmetic gene in one of his mutation menu slots (he got Mask, btw), and... to kill a cat. Uh oh. Good thing nobody else knows... (At this point, I went and played Shelter 2 for the first time! It's really fun and so far my kittens are all alive)

20181029154026_1.thumb.jpg.8a979fe762f72d1fd007abb3111ecd5f.jpg

Unfortunately, Needlestar eventually passed away, but not before giving birth to Lavendermud, who was her last child of Adam's. Weaselhill became Weaselstar, with Thrushblaze as her deputy. Lavendermud wants to dig lots and lots and lots when she grows up! (Like most of her clan..)

20181029184449_1.thumb.jpg.2640b1c178db818d3bac17241e0cebac.jpg

And then... we ran out of food. Thrushblaze starved that night, though the others had just enough food. 

Then Weaselstar gave birth to twins (father was Mintfoot), Grasssong and Seedcloud.

20181029184902_1.thumb.jpg.e120f39061fe80c842b863998d5aeb8c.jpg

Grassong wants to be the mate of an important cat (maybe Thrushblaze when he becomes leader?), and...

20181029184904_1.thumb.jpg.0e9b4920d9a03b1aeb95c4f3cb906c65.jpg

Seedcloud wants to also be the mate of an important cat. Haha. Oh, and by the way, when Hollowshine grew up, she also decided she wanted to be around the ocean all the time, and Mintbreath wants to... oh, no, not again... gather a group of cats and leave the clan.

Then, Lilyember was found by Mintbreath! Yay! She wants to have a strength gene in one of her mutation slots, and also collect lots of berries. Which is good, because Duskclan is really low on food.

20181029185902_1.thumb.jpg.0478eeab513b0f21cf90c1409739437d.jpg

Lavendermud is now all grown up, and she wants to fall in love and run away with her mate. This clan really doesn't like to stay in the clan for long.

And, oh, look at that! A male for Lavendermud to fall in love and run away with! Hi, Lionshine! He's so strong, he wants to have a strength gene in a mutation slot and to leave the clan and become a loner! Wait, what?? I thought you just joined the clan??

20181029190240_1.thumb.jpg.3856048041265d8b00822afe54d9f918.jpg

Lookie lookie. We now have two pairs of cats who are running away together! There's Mintbreath and Lilyember, and Lavendermud and Lionshine! Ooh, and now they have kits!

20181029190839_1.thumb.jpg.304d4f8dcf56ad7adee3d61bdbfd61c6.jpg

20181029190841_1.thumb.jpg.a23924e241926e2f92c1073e18348ad5.jpg

(I hope pigeons gaze well...)

What will happen next?? Find out next time in: DUSKCLAN 2- PART 2

Oh, and credit to @medicine cat for making up the challenge and inspiring me to make my own story! Also, sorry Part 1 is so long. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sometimes, when I get to many 'leave the clan' rolls after each other I just boycott the random generator XD (I mean if I don't have fun I might as well stop so that's how I justify me sometimes not listening to the random generator)

• Like 1

DUSKCLAN-PART 2

Once upon a time, we decided to continue the story.

Thrushblaze became too old to continue as deputy (technically he's the same age as Weaselstar, but he took damage from starving that one night). Thus, he sent the message through Grasssong (now grown up) that Lavendermud is now deputy. Now that Grassong is grown up, she wants a cosmetic gene in her mutation menu; meanwhile, Seedcloud wants to be around the ocean. Also, Seedcloud and Hollowshine have fallen in love, despite them having the same exact immunity genes. 

Unfortunately, this was the moment Thrushblaze had been waiting for his whole life, and killed Seedcloud. (the whole clan knew what happened) Right then,poor Thrushblaze the Murderer passed away. His line carries on, though, as Weaselstar is pregnant with his only child. Lilyember also passed away. At the same time, a Bearyena showed up with it's baby. Ugh. Luckliy, the clan soon killed it and tamed it's cub.

Weaselstar finally gave birth to Thrushblaze's child, Leapfoot. Unfortunately, he has a very ugly face (sorry, Leapfoot, but it's the truth), but he does have a beautiful pink coat. 

20181029192803_1.thumb.jpg.a8a1f65e6cd4c7a733e6ef07dce2cd3e.jpg

Now I'm gonna end Part 2 because I want to reply to Lilytuft. Heheh. (I also have to go to school, so i might as well post this thing now)

Will Leapfoot be judged by his father's crimes? Find out next time in: DUSKCLAN 2-PART 3

(By the way, this is Duskclan 2 because I didn't like the first one)

• Like 3

Just now, Jojo said:

EXCUSE ME?! UGLY FACE?! #derpsnoutsarebeautiful XD

Love the stories :D

Hey, I mean, he's the only derp snout in the tribe now, and his father looked just like him, and since Thrushblaze kiiiinda killed Seedcloud, they'd probably call him ugly (Lilyember was kinda only ever seen by Mintbreath, sooo).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

Don't get too attached to your kittens! We (me and Stagmole) have played 106 hours of Shelter 2. The "Lynx Mother" achievement was hard to get.

My kittens and I just reached summer (I think it's summer? Well, we got to the part where it said life is tough, and my kittens grew a lot), and all 4 are alive! Except I chased too many pheasants (I think that's what they are), and now I'm lost and if I try and go in the direction of the tree symbol, I run into all of these barriers trying to keep me away from home.

EDIT: I played for a minute then one of my kittens dropped dead and then another one right on top. Thankfully it hadn't saved too recently so I just loaded up my previous save. But now I'm worried I'll come back to play later and we won't be able to find food...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

Don't get too attached to your kittens! We (me and Stagmole) have played 106 hours of Shelter 2. The "Lynx Mother" achievement was hard to get.

Hahahaha i finished with all four kittens alive

20181030172031_1.thumb.jpg.fb96ef73749efce3fe910c0f0ce73cd4.jpg

beat THAT

I didn't even stay around the den long- I got lost, entered the tundra out of desperation for food, killed a deer, somehow evaded a bloody death of a cub by a wolf even though my kittens wouldn't get onto a ledge, and then finally, before leaving the tundra, let my kittens run free to their own lives. THough playing on survival mode is gonna be so hard... good thing it's gonna be a while before I play on that!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Hahahaha i finished with all four kittens alive

20181030172031_1.thumb.jpg.fb96ef73749efce3fe910c0f0ce73cd4.jpg

beat THAT

I didn't even stay around the den long- I got lost, entered the tundra out of desperation for food, killed a deer, somehow evaded a bloody death of a cub by a wolf even though my kittens wouldn't get onto a ledge, and then finally, before leaving the tundra, let my kittens run free to their own lives. THough playing on survival mode is gonna be so hard... good thing it's gonna be a while before I play on that! 

You might be having easy time now, but I assume you don't have forest fires, foxes, eagles and bears yet...

By the way, if you do end up getting the Mountains DLC, (wich I recommend, because it brings all those things I mentioned above into the game and the mountains map is the most beautiful map in the game) never play the mountains map on survival mode. You can have the DLC features on, just don't go to the mountains, because there is a glitch where no food spawns in the mountains when playing survival mode.

Wich kit are you gonna play as next?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

You might be having easy time now, but I assume you don't have forest fires, foxes, eagles and bears yet...

By the way, if you do end up getting the Mountains DLC, (wich I recommend, because it brings all those things I mentioned above into the game and the mountains map is the most beautiful map in the game) never play the mountains map on survival mode. You can have the DLC features on, just don't go to the mountains, because there is a glitch where no food spawns in the mountains when playing survival mode.

Wich kit are you gonna play as next?

I went ahead and started with Junip, and named her kittens Finch, Raven, Sparow (I couldn't fit that other 'r'), and Swan. :D (I hope they all survive...)

• Like 2

DUSKCLAN 2- PART 3

Pigeongaze and Badgerear have grown up. Pigeongaze wants to have multiple mates at the same time, while Badgerear wants to leave the clan and become a loner. (From now on, I'm just gonna give them their two aspirations when they're born, that way it's easier to remember)

Hollowshine gave birth to Seedcloud's kit, Toadnight. Unfortunately, she is quite sickly, but she will be able to live normally, except for having to stay away from other creatures. Toadnight wants to actually be mates with a rogue male, and have a strength gene in her mutation menu. At the same time, Weaselstar passed away, making Lavendermud leader, with Pigeongaze as her deputy. 

As Lionshine was about to pass away, he wanted another child. As Lavenderstar is now leader and needs time to adjust to her duties before having kits, Badgerear agreed to become pregnant with Lionshine's second and final child. The next day, she gave birth to Thrushblossom (the generator aid 'Brokengaze', but that sounded too cruel..). She wants to defeat a predator and... defeat a cat. I guess we know why her name starts with 'Thrush'...

20181031172216_1.thumb.jpg.4ab6bb8ceeffe739142773905ad1ad06.jpg

Okay, I just feel done. I'm sorry, but I don't feel like keeping up with writing this all down. :( 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

DUSKCLAN 2- PART 3

20181031172216_1.thumb.jpg.4ab6bb8ceeffe739142773905ad1ad06.jpg

Okay, I just feel done. I'm sorry, but I don't feel like keeping up with writing this all down. :( 

That's understandable. Would you mind if I try my hand at the community ritual and find out where my clans will break? 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 1:05 AM, Lilytuft said:

Which kit are you gonna play as next?

On 10/31/2018 at 7:11 AM, Skysplash8 said:

I went ahead and started with Junip, and named her kittens Finch, Raven, Sparow (I couldn't fit that other 'r'), and Swan. :D (I hope they all survive...)

Well, I finished Junip's litter. Sparow collapsed out of hunger, with Swan falling right on him.. While they were still alive, I walked through that big wave/storm thing with Raven and Finch and then I heard what was kinda of like wolves (but it was in the area of my tree), and when I emerged, Finch was gone. I never saw him again. :( Thankfully, Raven was still with me. Then suddenly Swan came back to me and collapsed again, but this time I was able to find something for her. By this time, Sparow had died. 

Next generation!

20181102060959_1.thumb.jpg.52eecc7f8579848681c3548ab2b3803b.jpg

I hope you know why I chose those names. :) (At least SOMEONE should!) Also, Kilian is supposed to be with two 'l's, but I couldn't fit all the letters.

• Like 2

@Lilytuft Ahhhh! I was searchinf for some more food when I noticed Hope wasn't with me, and I saw her symbol in the distance. On my way there, some fog showed up, and then there were some barks and then... the sound of something being killed. Just like when Finch was killed. Sure enough, Hope is nowhere to be found.. there is no hope in ever seeing her again. (Like my pun? Haha... :()

Then, later, Graham started cowering in fear, and when I called to my kittens, it came out as a hiss. Now I'm scared... 😧

• Sad 4

28 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

@Lilytuft Ahhhh! I was searchinf for some more food when I noticed Hope wasn't with me, and I saw her symbol in the distance. On my way there, some fog showed up, and then there were some barks and then... the sound of something being killed. Just like when Finch was killed. Sure enough, Hope is nowhere to be found.. there is no hope in ever seeing her again. (Like my pun? Haha... :() 

Then, later, Graham started cowering in fear, and when I called to my kittens, it came out as a hiss. Now I'm scared... 😧

A bad sign... a really bad sign...

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 4:10 PM, Lilytuft said:

A bad sign... a really bad sign...

I kept playing, it started raining, but a minute later I was no longer hissing. Now my kittens have grown and left me, and I've continued as Emma, with her kittens Cougar (female), Fawn (female), Bear (male), and Rabbit (male).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skysplash8 said:

I kept playing, it started raining, but a minute later I was no longer hissing. Now my kittens have grown and left me, and I've continued as Emma, with her kittens Cougar (female), Fawn (female), Bear (male), and Rabbit (male).

Nice. Btw, I also have and play shelter 2, and if you're ever suspicious of something, just call to your kittens. If your meow comes out as a hiss, look around for danger. In the case you described, you were most likely in range of a bear, or being stalked by a fox. You know when a fox is there if you hear twigs snapping, and for bears, the music will stop and become frightening to put you on edge. Use your scent view if you have to know if danger is there.

Also, be careful during rain. Fires can start if you're in the right place. But sometimes they start out of nowhere. You'll know they've started if the sky suddenly goes super dark and the music stops. During fires, don't run, just walk around them. I learned this the hard way.

In the tundra, btw, you can sacrifice bunnies to wolves if you have them. Simply place a dead rabbit on the ground, and when the wolves come, they'll take it instead of your kits.

Btw, keep watch of bear for me, will you? That was the name of one of my old kits who got snatched by a glitchy fox who came out of the water.

• Like 3

Just now, Kepa-Shanyang said:

Nice. Btw, I also have and play shelter 2, and if you're ever suspicious of something, just call to your kittens. If your meow comes out as a hiss, look around for danger. In the case you described, you were most likely in range of a bear, or being stalked by a fox. You know when a fox is there if you hear twigs snapping, and for bears, the music will stop and become frightening to put you on edge. Use your scent view if you have to know if danger is there.

Also, be careful during rain. Fires can start if you're in the right place. But sometimes they start out of nowhere. You'll know they've started if the sky suddenly goes super dark and the music stops. During fires, don't run, just walk around them. I learned this the hard way.

In the tundra, btw, you can sacrifice bunnies to wolves if you have them. Simply place a dead rabbit on the ground, and when the wolves come, they'll take it instead of your kits.

Btw, keep watch of bear for me, will you? That was the name of one of my old kits who got snatched by a glitchy fox who came out of the water.

1- I don't have the Mountains DLC, so Foxes and Bears don't appear.

2- Bear is my favorite anyways :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

1- I don't have the Mountains DLC, so Foxes and Bears don't appear.

2- Bear is my favorite anyways :)

Ah. sometimes I forget not everyone has the DLC. I bought Shelter Generations on the switch so I automatically got the dlc with it.

• Like 2