Stray Fawn Community

Having Four Gems/Action Points Again

Basil

In the really early versions of Niche, there was once a time that you could get up to 4 gems on your creatures. Now I think I understand why this wasn't implemented on the future releases of Niche since there is only four current stages of growth for the Nichelings; newborn (zero gems), baby (one gem), teenager (two gems), and adult (three gems). Perhaps maybe there can be like... a young adult stage that gives you three gems. Then you can reach full adult and have access to four gems.

Four Gems.jpg

Multiple Leeches.jpg

• Like 1

7 replies to this post

I don't really like this idea. I'm planning on playing some old versions of Niche, but I'm propably not even gonna try those four gem versions, because from what I've seen, they just made gameplay slow and a single nicheling wasn't able to achieve much during their life, kinda like the time the mutation menu was replaced...

This could work better as a sandbox option.

• Like 3

Just now, Lilytuft said:

I don't really like this idea. I'm planning on playing some old versions of Niche, but I'm propably not even gonna try those four gem versions, because from what I've seen, they just made gameplay slow and a single nicheling wasn't able to achieve much during their life, kinda like the time the mutation menu was replaced...

This could work better as a sandbox option.

@Basil I can (try) moving this over to the Customization options, if you'd like. Personally, I wouldn't want this, so it would probably work better if this was a thing you could choose not to have.

• Like 4

Well I thin this wouldn't work the way it was implemented back in the day but with longer lifespans coming having four action points all the time would be more useful, but I don't think it is needed for shorter lifespans. That said I think as an option for sandbox it would play along nicely :)

And I have played the older version when it came out and let me tell you 4 points are nice but 2 are way to slow, three was actually a really good middle :)

• Like 2

i don't know about anyone else but i for one support this because usually, you just need an emergency turn altho i also think that this should be a gene and not a base feature
Benifits: gives an emergency escape on last gem only
Debufs: if last gem is used, necheling would get sleapy aka leaving him with only 3/2 gems again

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

I'm planning on playing some old versions of Niche, but I'm propably not even gonna try those four gem versions, because from what I've seen, they just made gameplay slow and a single nicheling wasn't able to achieve much during their life, kinda like the time the mutation menu was replaced...

Actually, I take that back. I might try to make a challenge of it and do one of those playthrough thingies...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NINJA >-> said:

i don't know about anyone else but i for one support this because usually, you just need an emergency turn altho i also think that this should be a gene and not a base feature
Benifits: gives an emergency escape on last gem only
Debufs: if last gem is used, necheling would get sleapy aka leaving him with only 3/2 gems again

I think I made a suggestion about that once with adrenaline points activating when your Nicheling is next to a predator and runs out of turns or is hunting and runs out of turns, these situations would then activate one more turn/ point for the nicheling (namely adrenaline) and you could flee or do whatever :)

• Like 2