Stray Fawn Community

unpopular opinion 2: electric boogaloo

georgie

so for some reason, I just hate basically all creatures that are made in the sandbox settings thing? its so hard to explain, but I hate how they look and hate playing with them.

I think its because with natural creatures you can have basically every emotion possible leading up to their *completely random* creation. excitement, dread, anger, love, hope, sadness. and then you're in a free environment to shape their personality with no beforehand planning

I find that, when im making a set of sandbox creatures to play with, I already create their personalities and what relationships they have- maybe even how they die- before I start playing. alternatively, in story mode, you just have to roll with it.

moosestar, for example (high five if you know who im talking about) was supposed to have hybrid babies which were viewed as monsters by her tribe. that was my only guideline for her story, and that fell flat on its face after she couldn't tame the bearynea baby in time and it attacked her. after this betrayal from her "one true love", she decided the island was cursed and they had to leave immediately, kicking off the migration for her tribe.

• Like 4
  • Paw up 1

I tend to copy starters from actual saves or use the same ones all over again, so they already have a personality. Which they attained by playing with them. It's a cycle, but it hasn't been bad, with no fixed stories. Maybe planning or the lack of it really makes or breaks sandbox 

• Like 3

i agree. I tend to make really "perfect" creatures with the sandbox creator with no flaws, so sometimes i like to randomise my starters. I prefer to have random and more unique creatures with personalities that develop over time, rather than a bunch of nichelings who have a story planned out for them and who also all look basically the same. I tend to get more attatched to creatures made without the sandbox settings tbh

• Like 4
  • Paw up 1

if i dont use the sandbox setting to create my creatures, they always end up having SOME water related gene. Thats why i prefer to customise them, even if i dont make them look super cool, and really just plain

• Like 1
  • Paw up 2

It really depends in what mood I am in. Recently I started a clan for the ultimate warrior cats challenge and randomized the names and then created the Nichelings after the names. That worked well.

But when I am left with no guidelines my Nichelings tend to look very perfect which can be boring in the long run.

Starting of with total randomization is certainly fun, but with all the water genes that are usually thrown around can get really annoying.

So yeah. Sometimes I do random sometimes I don't but I totally get what you are sayinng :D

• Like 3