Stray Fawn Community

Tics ( not the bugs )

Raybeams

Y'know, those involuntary movements/speech. The only other person I know who gets tics is my friend with ADHD, and I've never really talked about it with her.

I tend to get tics when conversations/images/videos make me feel particularly squeamish, thinking about tics, and when I get scared or thrilled, like a intense rollercoaster. I never really thought much of it, until I was on a ride at a themepark with my friends, first time going on it (keep in mind I was enjoying it) and they just kept coming and wouldn't stop. I got a little concerned when I started uncontrollably kicking out my legs, narrowly missing my friend's leg. Don't even get me started on a biology video. Also veins. I cannot touch my veins without feeling extremely uncomfortable. 

Anyone else get tics in these sorts of situations/other situations? Just curious, lol.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

7 minutes ago, angelheart said:

There's also something called 'Tourettes Syndrome' ;) 

Yeah, I’ve heard about that. I don’t know anyone with Tourette’s Syndrome personally, but I’ve seen plenty videos on it!

I tend to have a few nervous tics. Like shaking/ bouncing my foot or leg all the time when I am in class at uni (usually when I am bored). Or when I am really nervous I brush my nose with my finger, lightly, as if it was a little itchy. I do that a lot (I don't notice but my mom once told me)

• Like 2

I don’t believe I’ve ever experienced a tic, but I do sometimes shake my leg in classes or when I’m excessively bored and sitting down. 

One weird thing I do, though, is when I literally think of something uncomfortable. Let’s say... the thought of going under surgery. As I type this my legs are starting to cramp up because it’s such an uncomfortable thought to me. Perhaps it’s because I never had surgery— I dunno!

• Like 3

I have a thing where when I get anxious, my foot twitches and shakes uncontrollably. The worst thing that happened was when I was having ANOTHER panic attack and I just randomly started biting my arms and hands. I had to go to the hospital for that.

I don't even know if that counts as a tic, but it still sucked :')

• Like 3