Stray Fawn Community

Writing Help for All

Sky

Here, you can post anything you write, and get criticism for it. I will also post daily (well, hopefully) prompts that you can use if you wish. Anyone can post their writing, criticize (be nice though!),comment, or share tips! Have fun!!

If you want to post your writing, please use the form below. The criticism level is how much you want people to criticize you: None is if you want to post your work but not get criticized, Low is if you only want people to call out your major mistakes (like, spelling errors and noticeable grammar errors), Regular is if you just want what people notice the first time reading through, and High is if you want every bit of criticism someone has (which includes stuff that isn't especially necessary to change (like, you think a character's personality would make more sense if a certain event caused it, for example)). Everyone MUST follow the criticism level that the writer gave. 

(P.S. You don't have to post something you haven't posted before, you can post, like, something you wrote for an RP if you want. You can also post stuff like the info about the world you created, a character you made, etc, for criticism on how interesting it is)

Form

How long it (approximately) took to write:

Criticism level: (None, Low, Regular, High)

Any prompts you used:

The piece:

• Like 2

Prompt of the day (even though it's nearly 9 pm for me xD) is three words. Get creative with how you use prompts—for ones like this that are a few words, you can give the feeling of them (ex. make a character seem mysterious without actually using the word), use them directly (i.e. "He imitated the man"), anything!

mysterious, reward, imitate

3 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Prompt of the day (even though it's nearly 9 pm for me xD) is three words. Get creative with how you use prompts—for ones like this that are a few words, you can give the feeling of them (ex. make a character seem mysterious without actually using the word), use them directly (i.e. "He imitated the man"), anything!

mysterious, reward, imitate

Quick question, do we have to use the prompts?

1 minute ago, Clover said:

Quick question, do we have to use the prompts?

Nope! It's your choice if you want to use it or not. You can post pieces that use prompts from any time (like, if a new prompt is posted, you can still use the old one(s)). You can also use prompts that other people give (whether here or somewhere else).

2 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Nope! It's your choice if you want to use it or not. You can post pieces that use prompts from any time (like, if a new prompt is posted, you can still use the old one(s)). You can also use prompts that other people give (whether here or somewhere else).

In that case, excuse me as I write something up-

• Eek! 1

2 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Like if I said; Fury, Dark, Cold; Then they could use that?

• Paw up 1

How long it (approximately) took to write: About 30 minutes

Criticism level: (None, Low, Regular, High): High

Any prompts you used: The one from the old SSoW

The piece: 

Iris

Iris stared out the window of her small room. She was a servant to the king of Dasoia. Well, she was more of a servant to her daughter, Ember. She had been chosen to become a servant when her parents died in a terrible fire caused by a tree that had been struck by lightning. Iris luckily got out in time, but her parents had gotten stuck. It took her forever to get over it. Everytime she closed her eyes, she could still see the large orange flames engulfing her house. She could still hear her parent's screams in the darkness of their house. But most of all, she remembered nobody had come to help them. She understood why, they were just lowly peasants that had no contribution  to society. Who cared if they died? That's why Iris had grown to despise the people in her kingdom. She stepped away from the window and sighed. She looked at her wood desk that had been a gift from Ember on her birthday. She opened one of the drawers and pulled out a sketchbook. She was currently working on a drawing of a beautiful sakura tree garden that had a small cabin within it. That was her dream home. Her parents had passed a sakura forest once before and ever since then she had wanted to live there. She hoped that one day she could escape the palace and live there. Away from anyone else. 

Suddenly, a knock interrupted her thoughts and Ember walked in. Iris quickly put away her sketchbook and stood up. 

"Hello, your majesty," she said, bowing. 

"Hello Iris," she said almost mockingly royally, then laughed. "I told you, don't treat me like I'm the most important person in the world."

"Oh but you are, your majesty," she said, slightly smiling. 

"Anyways… I got you something."

"You got me something? Shouldn't it be the other way around?" She asked, her eyes gleaming with curiosity. 

Ember simply smiled and formed Iris' hands into a cup shape and dropped something in them. When Iris opened them, there was a beautiful sakura blossom. Iris inhaled.

"It's beautiful," she whispered.

"I may have seen your sketchbook… but that's not all." Ember replied and handed her a key. 

"What is this?"

"It's a key to the house in the forest," she said smiling, then added, "go live your dream."

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Broken said:

How long it (approximately) took to write: About 30 minutes

Criticism level: (None, Low, Regular, High): High

Any prompts you used: The one from the old SSoW

The piece: 

Iris

Iris stared out the window of her small room. (1) She was a servant to the king of Dasoia. Well, she was more of a servant to her daughter, Ember. (2) She had been chosen to become a servant when her parents died in (3) a terrible fire caused by a tree that had been struck by lightning. Iris luckily got out in time, but her parents had gotten stuck. (4) It took her forever to get over it. (5) Everytime she closed her eyes, she could still see the (6) large orange flames engulfing her house. She could still hear her (7) parent's screams in the darkness of their house. But most of all, she remembered nobody had come to help them. (8) She understood why, they were just lowly peasants that had no contribution  to society. Who cared if they died? That's why Iris had grown to despise the people in her kingdom. (9) She stepped away from the window and sighed. She looked at her wood desk that had been a gift from Ember on her birthday. She opened one of the drawers and pulled out a sketchbook. She was currently working on a drawing of a beautiful sakura tree garden that had a small cabin within it. That was her dream home. (10) Her parents had passed a sakura forest once before and ever since then she had wanted to live there. She hoped that one day she could escape the palace and live there. (11) Away from anyone else. 

(12) Suddenly, a knock interrupted her thoughts and Ember walked in. Iris quickly put away her sketchbook and stood up. 

"Hello, your majesty," she said, bowing. 

"Hello Iris," (13) she said almost mockingly royally, then laughed. "I told you, don't treat me like I'm the most important person in the world."

"Oh but you are, your majesty," she said, slightly smiling. 

"Anyways… I got you something."

"You got me something? Shouldn't it be the other way around?" She asked, her eyes gleaming with curiosity. 

Ember simply smiled and formed Iris' hands into a cup shape and dropped something in them. When Iris opened them, there was a beautiful sakura blossom. Iris inhaled.

"It's beautiful," she whispered.

"I may have seen your sketchbook… but that's not all." Ember replied and handed her a key. 

"What is this?"

"It's a key to the house in the forest," she said smiling, then added, "go live your dream."

(I told you High means lots of criticism xD)

Let me know if you don't understand what I mean by something. Anything with the word 'maybe' in it is either something that isn't that important, or is something where you can change what I say (instead of add [this] you can add [something that is similar to 'this'].) (P.S. You don't have to use any corrections given by anybody.)

1. I can't tell if 'her' is supposed to be 'he,' referring the the King, or referring to Iris, meaning that Iris is the mother of Ember—though then i can't tell if her father is the King, or if somehow the daughter was just taken up by the King and made royal.
  2. Slightly confusing as to whether this refers to Iris or Ember.
  3. Maybe "a terrible fire that began when a tree was struck by lightning"?
  4. It sounds a bit passive-aggressive. Maybe use a synonym for 'forever'? "It took her a long time to get over it."
  5. Everytime = Every time
  6. Maybe use 'tall' or something else like that instead of 'large'? "the tall orange flames"
  7. Parent's = Parents' or Parents's, since it should be plural
  8. Change comma to semicolon. "She understood why; they were just lowly peasants..."
  9. Change the transition between the two sentences. "She stepped away from the window and sighed, then looked at her wood desk that had been a gift from Ember on her birthday." "She stepped away from the window, sighing, and looked at her wood desk.  It had been a gift from Ember on her birthday."
  10. It sounds as though her parents passed the forest without her. Maybe add an 'she and' before it.
  11. Change 'anyone' to 'everyone'.
  12. Use a synonym for 'suddenly.' It's a very common word. Unexpectedly, maybe.
  13. It doesn't really make sense? Maybe "she said royally, and almost mockingly"?

4 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

(I told you High means lots of criticism xD)

Let me know if you don't understand what I mean by something. Anything with the word 'maybe' in it is eithersomething that isn't that important, or is something where you can change what I say (instead of add [this] you can add [something that is similar to 'this'].) (P.S. You don't have to sue any corrections given by anybody.)

1. I can't tell if 'her' is supposed to be 'he,' referring the the King, or referring to Iris, meaning that Iris is the mother of Ember—though then i can't tell if her father is the King, or if somehow the daughter was just taken up by the King and made royal.
  2. Slightly confusing as to whether this refers to Iris or Ember.
  3. Maybe "a terrible fire that began when a tree was struck by lightning"?
  4. It sounds a bit passive-aggressive. Maybe use a synonym for 'forever'? "It took her a long time to get over it."
  5. Everytime = Every time
  6. Maybe use 'tall' or something else like that instead of 'large'? "the tall orange flames"
  7. Parent's = Parents' or Parents's, since it should be plural
  8. Change comma to semicolon. "She understood why; they were just lowly peasants..."
  9. Change the transition between the two sentences. "She stepped away from the window and sighed, then looked at her wood desk that had been a gift from Ember on her birthday." "She stepped away from the window, sighing, and looked at her wood desk.  It had been a gift from Ember on her birthday."
  10. It sounds as though her parents passed the forest without her. Maybe add an 'she and' before it.
  11. Change 'anyone' to 'everyone'.
  12. Use a synonym for 'suddenly.' It's a very common word. Unexpectedly, maybe.
  13. It doesn't really make sense? Maybe "she said royally, and almost mockingly"?

Thank you. Like I said, I wrote it in 30 minutes at 10:30 pm.

• Paw up 1

How long it took to write: Around 40 minutes

Criticism level: Regular

Prompts: None

Story:

!MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME!

What I've Become

It was all familiar to her. 

The screams, the feeling of flesh tearing beneath her claws, the blood that splashed her pelt. It was everyday life.

These thoughts filled her head as she jumped to the side, barely avoiding the tom that aimed a killing blow at her throat. His teammates were already down, just lifeless statues on the forest floor. He was the last one left. She just had to aim right, and-

Red blurred her vision, and she knew she had done it. Blood dripped down her face, and she stared blankly at the cat under her claws. 

She could hear her chamber doors opening, and she turned around, not sparing a glance at the cat who's life she'd just stripped away. 

Slipping into the iron prison, she stood still as the machine unclasped the metal band around her neck, rubbing the spot absently with one paw as it fell away.

"That was uneventful." 

She looked to her right, watching as Gylra walked past her, paws moving the moment her collar was removed. Her ginger pelt dripped red, and Aryenne could see she had a long slash over her left eye. 

Seskir trailed after them, limping a bit.

"Maybe for you! I almost died!" The small she-cat snapped, grooming some of the blood from her white fur. Gylra rolled her eyes, walking into the back and flopping down into her cell. 

"You just need to pay attention more often, it takes you three seconds to react to an attack." Her words may have sounded harsh, but Aryenne knew she had a soft spot for Seskir, they all did.

The chamber doors closed, and the room was silent. Most time after matches was spent tending to injuries, but they had been much worse. Aryenne shuddered, pushing away the memories of the one battle that scarred her for life. She instinctively glanced at her flank, flinching as she saw the horrible scar that stuck out on her black fur.

She sighed, standing up and walking over to her cell. The bars towered over her, and she thought she'd never get over the unnerved feeling that overcame her every time she stepped through the door. She always safe with Seskir and Gylra though, they had been there since day one. They were her teammates, and she would die for them in a heartbeat.

They were the only things that had mattered to her in these past five years of bloodshed, ever since she had been mercilessly ripped away from her home and everyone she loved.

That night she heard whispers. The whispers of someone she wished to forget everyday, of someone crying out for help in her eternal suffering. 

She could feel the microchip in her scruff vibrating, and she suppressed the urge to tell the soul trapped within to shut up.

She hated that soul.

The bang of the doors heavily closing behind her echoed through the vast forest, making it seem as though the woods were endless. But Aryenne knew better.

Her teammates flanked her, and she let out a snarl at the opposing team. Something seemed...familiar, about one of those cats.

She didn't have long to think. The six cats went at each other like wolves, slashing and biting and breaking bones-it was one of the worst battles she had been in for a long time. 

One stood before her, a tom with black fur and piercing yellow eyes. He was familiar. She knew him. She loved him.

"Brother?" She whispered.

He hated her.

He sprang at her, barreling her over with a thud. She tried to get up, really, but he had grown. His large paws were pinned on her throat, and his sharp teeth glinted in the light as he snarled.

His claws came out.

She couldn't breathe.

She was going to die, at the paws of her own flesh and blood. 

Was she, though?

A last resort. That's what it was.

She reached behind her head, feeling around desperately in the creek that lapped at her ear fur. She found one. A rock was grasped firmly in her paws, and with all her strength, she bashed it over his head.

A sickening crack split the air as her brother fell limply to the side, blood running down his face. The bloodied stone lay at Aryenne's paws, and she stared down at him blankly.

She hated him.

"I've done it."

She turned away, listening to the sounds of her opponents dying breaths in the distance as she walked back to her chamber.

"I've become numb."

• Eek! 1

1 hour ago, Clover said:

She could hear her chamber doors opening, and she turned around, not sparing a glance at the cat who's life she'd just stripped away. 

The only thing I noticed is that the 'who's' should be 'whose.' Otherwise, it's great! ( @Broken For some reason I forgot to tell you, I loved your piece too!)

• Like 1

(Criticism: Highiguessidontknow)

Okay. This is a character that me and my older sister came up with together, loosely based off me but extremely different somehow. No clue how long it took for us to flesh out her personality and motives, but like, it took a while. Mostly because we kept stopping and starting over a long period of time.

The basis is that the god of the sun and the goddess of the moon are fighting together against the god of... nature I guess, because she wants to destroy mankind. They choose children before they're born to gift with unique powers that either relate to the sun (more physical abilities) or the moon (abilities that are psychological or don't have a lasting physical effect). Three of these four have been given different elemental powers; fire, water, and wind; but their youngest sister was blessed by Gaia instead. Of course, being born with her three other siblings who are alongside Sol and Luna, she has no idea. They all travel to different universes that stem off games, books and movies that they know, making sure that the stories go exactly as they're meant to and helping the characters along.

Name: Korie (god's peace)

Gaia's blessing: Terra - Shapeshifter

Korie has the ability to communicate with animals. They don’t always have languages of their own, but can, depending on the world. Most can also understand human language, if only to a degree, though for others she needs to learn their ‘language’ herself. Korie finds learning other languages and cultures much easier thanks to this.

Her main ability, however, is shape shifting. When she gets to know a creature of another species well enough, she can learn to transfer into one herself. However, she cannot change her age or gender, so she usually ends up appearing very young when changing species. This ability means that Korie has little experience fighting in human form. 

Korie is more than extroverted - she literally relies on other life. If alone for too long, she can tire out very easily, or even get sick. ‘Other life’ includes plants though, so it doesn't become a problem very often.

She's the youngest of the siblings, being four and a third years younger than the twins. She's used to being around her siblings all the time, so being separated from them to save other worlds takes a huge toll on her. She's extremely overpowered -- picks up the idea of combat very easily, part of that being her determination to return to her siblings. 

While being shy at first, she opens up to people quickly. A small, very deep part of her mind thinks that it may be because she depends on other living beings in order to live, but she's not constantly aware of the thought.

She's a very sentimental person; memorabilia means a lot, and she hates change. Migrating to new universes all the time is quite uncomfortable, but she gets used to it eventually.

She plays guitar, draws, reads, plays games, and when she has the inspiration, she writes stories loosely based on her adventures.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, CanDLinkZz said:

(Criticism: Highiguessidontknow)

Okay. This is a character that me and my older sister came up with together, loosely based off me but extremely different somehow. No clue how long it took for us to flesh out her personality and motives, but like, it took a while. Mostly because we kept stopping and starting over a long period of time.

The basis is that the god of the sun and the goddess of the moon are fighting together against the god of... nature I guess, because she wants to destroy mankind. They choose children before they're born to gift with unique powers that either relate to the sun (more physical abilities) or the moon (abilities that are psychological or don't have a lasting physical effect). Three of these four have been given different elemental powers; fire, water, and wind; but their youngest sister was blessed by Gaia instead. Of course, being born with her three other siblings who are alongside Sol and Luna, she has no idea. They all travel to different universes that stem off games, books and movies that they know, making sure that the stories go exactly as they're meant to and helping the characters along.

Name: Korie (god's peace)

Gaia's blessing: Terra - Shapeshifter

Korie has the ability to communicate with animals. They don’t always have languages of their own, but can, depending on the world. Most can also understand human language, if only to a degree, though for others she needs to learn their ‘language’ herself. Korie finds learning other languages and cultures much easier thanks to this.

Her main ability, however, is shape shifting. When she gets to know a creature of another species well enough, she can learn to transfer into one herself. However, she cannot change her age or gender, so she usually ends up appearing very young when changing species. This ability means that Korie has little experience fighting in human form. 

Korie is more than extroverted - she literally relies on other life. If alone for too long, she can tire out very easily, or even get sick. ‘Other life’ includes plants though, so it doesn't become a problem very often.

She's the youngest of the siblings, being four and a third years younger than the twins. She's used to being around her siblings all the time, so being separated from them to save other worlds takes a huge toll on her. She's extremely overpowered -- picks up the idea of combat very easily, part of that being her determination to return to her siblings. 

While being shy at first, she opens up to people quickly. A small, very deep part of her mind thinks that it may be because she depends on other living beings in order to live, but she's not constantly aware of the thought.

She's a very sentimental person; memorabilia means a lot, and she hates change. Migrating to new universes all the time is quite uncomfortable, but she gets used to it eventually.

She plays guitar, draws, reads, plays games, and when she has the inspiration, she writes stories loosely based on her adventures.

To follow: A list of things I'd personally like to know about the character, which means if you were to write something with Korie in it, you could mix in the answers to these questions in with the rest of the writing. 

1. How old is she?
  2. How do her siblings not know that their sister is blessed by their blessers' enemy?
  3. If her siblings knew, would they become her enemy, since their respective gods are enemies?
  4. How do they travel to different universes? How do they help the characters? Can they involve themselves directly and become friends with other characters, maybe even fall in love?
  5. What does she like to read? What games does she play? How well can she draw?
  6. What time period does this take in?
  • Thanks 1

I can't help go 'AWWW' at my own writing xD

warning: RoManCE

How long it (approximately) took to write: 40 minutes

Criticism level: High

Any prompts you used: The one from SSoW

The piece:

The servant trembled. “Do your job, servant!” The man—Master, as he made her call him—pointed at the child sitting at the table. “TEACH HER!” he yelled.

“But sir, I don’t—”

“Do you want to lose your job? TEACH HER!”

The servant held in her tears, got on her feet, and walked over to the girl. Though she did not know much math—the subject the little girl was studying for, she tried to help her as much as she could. 

After a lengthy and dreadful time helping the young girl, Master finally let the servant girl go to her room to sleep through the night—that is, until the sun began to rise, at which she would have to get up and work again.

When she reached her room, she sat down on her bed. She thought about the horrible things that caused her to have to come here. She had had a wonderful life, living with her parents, going to school, when her father lost her job. The family had very little money, and in order to keep them afloat, the servant, still a young child, like the girl she had just taught, had to be sent away to the home of Master, a much richer man. He was not the richest man in the town—if he was, he would have hired a much better servant girl—but he was rich enough to pay his servant enough money to keep herself and her parents alive. The servant girl had worked with Master for years and was now a young woman.

The window opened abruptly, making the servant jump. 

“Forsythia!” A young man, about her age, called out from the window. 

“Jeremiah!” The servant girl—Forsythia—laughed. She had not heard her own name for a while. Jeremiah had snuck over to her room to keep her company ever since she had become a servant girl, but he hadn’t come for a few weeks. He was the only one who dared to defy Master and call her Forsythia, instead of ‘servant,’ as Master ordered the townspeople to do. 

“I know it’s been a long time,” said Jeremiah, “but I have something for you.” He climbed through the window and pulled out a bouquet of flowers—forsythias. Jeremiah took a deep breath before speaking. 

“I’ve been working hard at my dad’s, cutting wood, and I’ve got some money now, especially with the church’s help. I’ve got more than I need just for myself. And—well—I’ve loved you for a long time, Forsythia.” The girl gave a little happy gasp. “I couldn’t afford a ring, I don’t have that much money, but…” He got down on one knee, though it was a squeeze since it was such a small room. “Forsythia, would you marry me?”

Forsythia smiled. “Of course!” She laughed happily, and when Jeremiah stood up, she kissed him. Together, they climbed out of the window, escaping this old life, into a new one that was full of hope.

• Like 1

Alright, here's a character from a story im writing! The story is based on a strange dream I had, so that's why it might seem kinda bizzare.

Criticism: High (Why not?)

Name: Aryenne

Species: Felidae (Or, y'know, a cat)

When she was young, Aryenne was kidnapped from her parents and everything she knew. They also, got her best friend and her brother, to which they were all taken to a place miles away from any civilization. Aryenne and her friend were thrown in together in one cell, while her brother was placed somewhere separate.

A while later, her best friend was hooked up to a strange machine, that seemed to almost suck the life out of her. She just lay there, still breathing but with gray, lifeless eyes. A small microchip popped out of the machine, and it was later inserted into the back of Aryenne's neck. The microchips contained the souls of other cats, which gave whoever they were inserted into enhanced feral nature when activated, making them stronger and more brutal. However, it also plagued the user with the thoughts, fears and memories of the soul.

Aryenne was placed with two other cats -Gylra and Seskir- in a 'team', which were groups of three cats that were pitted against other teams in the arena. The arena was basically a forest, which also gave the cats stronger primal urges. In the arena, teams were forced to fight each other, sometimes to the death. As the years went on, and the more Aryenne fought, the more cats she was forced to kill. Her teammates were her only source of comfort, and were her best friends.

During one battle, she was gravely injured, and she nearly lost her leg. It left a nasty scar on her flank, and she still remembers the day bitterly.

She never knew what happened to her brother, until one battle. She was forced to kill him, she had to. He would've killed her if she hadn't. She closed herself off from feeling anything, slaughtering cats without a second thought about how much blood was on her paws. 

During another battle, her opponent got the upper hand and pinned her head in the river, holding her down as she suffocated. Seskir, seeing this, attacked the cat. He was a lot bigger than her though, and she was left as a ball of bloodied fur in the end. Aryenne, fueled by rage, killed the cat. She never stopped mourning Seskir, taking her anger out on her opponents and her new third teammate.

One day, the cats in this facility had enough, and planned a jailbreak. As they were escaping though, Aryenne stopped them. Gylra was confused, and tried to convince her to come with them, but she was having none of it. She had been completely brainwashed. The two fought, allowing time for the others to escape.

Aryenne had the upper hand, she let out her claws, but she couldn't do it. She just couldn't kill her only friend left in the world. She let Gylra go, staying behind and having a breakdown as she drowned in all the horrible things she had done or witnessed. 

In the end, Aryenne sacrificed herself by distracting and fighting the facility workers so the other prisoners could escape, dying as she had lived; fighting.

Okay, I definitely have carpal tunnel after writing all of that :')

• Like 1

How long it (approximately) took to write: 10 min

Criticism level: High

Any prompts you used:  ttsglC6V1O3-iPr66bH160woBmbbHzncyt9QKqoGA1c4OV6Xc7LDkF1LmZcmDEMsHInaZ2I6Vv0jf4SRl_lD8p-I_7Er1lwHbE77gHPSS05QEW3W-VwjkJsXW3ejI7Sx0E4lwSOs

The piece:

I was sitting on the couch, watching TV, when I heard it. The music that ice cream trucks play. Ice cream! I ran outside, my little twin sisters running out right behind me. I looked around. The truck was driving slowly down the street, but nobody was coming to meet it but me and my family. However, there were people rushing inside, slamming their doors and locking them. Despite this, I walked over to the truck, which pulled up in front of me. The side opened up. A boy about my age ran out and touched me. “You’re it!” He ran back into his truck and started the engine.
    “Wha- wait! What do you mean, ‘you’re it?’” The boy stuck his head out the window and turned to me.
    “I was It, and now you are, because I tagged you.” He motioned to the houses around him. “The neighborhood’s had a game of Tag going on for years. Everyone’s families are in on it!” He turned back to the wheel and started to drive away. Great. Now I had to tag someone… I turned to one of my little sisters. “Hey, Violet, wanna play a game?”

• Like 1

PROMPT OF THE DAY

Pick a song and write a story based on it. Some songs tell stories themselves (in which case you would write your interpretation of it), while others don't (in which case you'd write your own story to match it).

• Like 1

How long it took to write: No clue, but not long

Prompts: 

8 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

PROMPT OF THE DAY

Pick a song and write a story based on it. Some songs tell stories themselves (in which case you would write your interpretation of it), while others don't (in which case you'd write your own story to match it).

Criticism: High i guess

Song: 米津 玄師 (Yonezu Kenshi) LOSER

(Lyrics translated from Japanese)

Walking down the street, alone as always, already way sick and tired of these days

Even though I can't go anywhere anymore, I'll dream, so goodnight now

We're always like this, bored, bored with this idiotic night

We wanna dance and dance out tomorrow, so goodbye now

I walk through the dark in my tank top and trackies, nothing but a waste of space to the rest of the world. The streetlamps in this area don’t work anymore, and nobody comes here anyway, so who’s bothered to fix them?

Everything is quiet. Even the sound of my footsteps is silenced -- I’ve gotten used to that.

Walking around and finally arriving, how about here, is it Paradise?

By now, I don’t know anymore…

A quarter-century has borne fruit:

A superstar, face green with inexperience, starving and waiting

I turn the corner into the alley where I can finally be at peace. Dancing on the streets surrounded by strangers is hard, yuh know?

This is the only place I have to go, anyway. From the bounce of a ball to the steps to the beat. How did it come to this?

I'm a loser, so either way, it's fine if I just howl, right?

Let's have a go one more time, one more time, with our voices

I'm a loser, from long ago I could hear it

The voice that, some days ago, I hid in my pocket

How long has it been since I’ve spoken? I haven’t been bothered to count. Every day is the same anyway. Is there any point?

I come to the end of the shadowed hideaway, climbing up the ladder to the improvised pathways my people made. Cold, precarious wood leading to the place where we all shelter.

I don’t give a crap about this or that; the once auspicious sky is now clouded with ill weather

Look, even from the skyscrapers peering in through the window, it’s like dust

Ian, Kurt, everyone from long ago: flipping the middle finger won’t change anything!

Now, I’m studying to win it all, with a smile on my face

I couldn’t care less where I am. I’ve always been thinking about where I’m going to be. Now doesn’t make a difference to then. It’s all going to get better. At least we have each other.

A dancing idiot, seen by another idiot, and we’re the idiots laughing right beside them

Already chafed where we hold our huge self-consciousness, worn-down, leftover sour grapes

Sitting with your arms around your knees won’t solve anything, see, you can't see ahead with a head of long bangs

Just laugh! Flaring up in a flash, petering out in a puff, that’s the cycle of life

We’re not like the other street kids. We care more about each other than we do about ourselves. Somewhere we know that if we didn’t have each other, we wouldn’t have ourselves either, but we really do care.

Either that, or my life is literally a lie.

If you wanna be loved, then just say so! No one will hear you if you just think it

Even the Eternal Lady has turned the other way, and Heaven’s far away, over that way

Ah, I get it, tumbling deeply, I’m just a guy who never wins

It's just that anywhere’s fine, so I wanna go far away… that’s all it is

I’m here. I’m home.

Everyone looks up at me -- those five brilliant faces dimmed by the shadows, eyes clouded with despair. Look up, my friends, it’ll only go up from here.

Listen close, don’t miss that sound that just clamored in the distance, steady your breath

You should be able to find it someday, so seize that iolite that shone gold

And never let it go!

Five faces, all older than me

All depending on me for food and water.

I see the pile of money in the middle of the circle -- we never steal it like the others do. I add my own to the mix, almost doubling the stack. Immediately we start counting it out.

I'm a loser, I’ve got nothing, and it's okay if it can't be helped, right?

To now, rambling on and on with no idea what I’m doing, it's ashes and farewell

I'm a loser, while praying “please, someday!”

Go on, further into the depths of penalty time!

We’re just doing what we can. This is all we can do, right?

No one will help us anyway. There are too many.

If you wanna be loved, then just say so! No one will hear you if you just think it

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 2:41 AM, Sky said:

To follow: A list of things I'd personally like to know about the character, which means if you were to write something with Korie in it, you could mix in the answers to these questions in with the rest of the writing. 

1. How old is she?
  2. How do her siblings not know that their sister is blessed by their blessers' enemy?
  3. If her siblings knew, would they become her enemy, since their respective gods are enemies?
  4. How do they travel to different universes? How do they help the characters? Can they involve themselves directly and become friends with other characters, maybe even fall in love?
  5. What does she like to read? What games does she play? How well can she draw?
  6. What time period does this take in?

coming back to a pretty much dead thread and answering these questions cuz i want to¬

1. Well, she was born in 2007, but with the stories we're writing, obviously she ages over time, so it depends
 2. It's plain and simply because nobody has told them about Gaia, the enemy goddess. They were just kind of thrown out of their homeworld and Sarah and Abdiel were just kinda like "OKAY CHILDREN YOU'LL BE FINE GO SAVE SOME UNIVERSES OR WHATEVER".
 3. If Korie were trying to help Gaia, then they might. But since Korie doesn't know either, they wouldn't. 
 4. Sarah and Abdiel are the ones that allow them to travel between universes. Once the story of the game, book etc. that they're in has ended, the world will continue without them. The characters there will remember them, but they disappear to go on to the next world. The point of them being there is to interact with the characters and help them along, so yes, Amaya and Yosuke's non-canon relationship is not forbidden :3
 5. The kinds of things she reads are very varied. It also depends on what's available in the world she's in, of course. It might be history, it might be fantasy, it might be adventure, probably horror too. Oh, ans sci-fi. The games she play are pretty much the same as me, so Niche, Slime Rancher, Minecraft because she's seven before she leaves Earth, the Persona games because she plays them with Amaya, and other things. And again, since the story progresses over a long period of time, her drawing gradually gets better. She's probably about the same as me. Sometimes they turn out well, and other times not so much. They would mostly be sketched with pencil and paper.
 6. The story takes place over a span of years, starting when she's around seven and ending when she's just past 16.The worlds she goes to are all in different periods of time, but it doesn't affect her age.

• Like 1

I wrote this one A long  time ago and it took approxamitley 30 mins

critisizem level: high (because it usually is a source of jokes and stuff I might actually use)

it is a writing prompt that I am turning into a book

so the title is!

diary of a quirky penguin

Day 1

I am a penguin,what do I do,what do I do? I do not know that yet

what do I do? I guess I should try to get out of this egg but I don't want to yet what should I do I do not know I guess I should try to get out of this egg but I don't want to yet, but I might have to, the only thing is then I don't know if I will have the time to think outside of this egg. I need a plan so start planning hmmmmmmmm……………………………..

@$ aha I should try to survive, well first things first… GET OUT OF THIS EGG! So first i’m gonna try to use my feet to get out of this egg because that's how I think i’m supposed to do it, if that doesn't work i’ll peck! my way! Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick ! Well that weakened the egg but that didn't get me out of here soooooo here goos.peck peck peck peck!well that went well. I’M OUT!

I have skin that is a black & white blubber(thik boy). I probably shouldn't try to eat my egg. It doesn't really look 1.doesn't look appetizing. 2. Not appealing.3. Doesn't look edible. Well now what do I do because I don’t even know what type of penguin I am. I know most penguins eat fish but since I don’t know what penguin I am, I don't know if I can eat anything else, but that would be handy also I don’t know if penguins eat anything besides fish and I don't wanna learn that the hard way. What should I do hmmm. Well for a start. I’m in Antarctica here, and I'm a penguin so I should eat fish. Well that's a good start.(I say sarcastically in my

head ) I really should’ve planned more in that egg.

ok that is day one of the book, it was a writing prompt that I have and still am continuing to write.