Stray Fawn Community

The Oasis

berri

Was thinking of doing an Oasis playthrough- I've never done one before, and it sounds challenging enough to me
You can give me any nicheling you want- whether they're suited to the climate or not.
I will probably expand their lifespans about 10 more days, and i'll probably make it so they're on their two/one gem stages for longer- for some challenge.

To submit a nicheling-
Tell me their name,
Pronouns,
How many gems/specific age
If you're okay with me breeding them,
a bit about them,
and provide a reference pic (hopefully with the genes in the picture, and if there isn't, just tell me what pattern they have if you know :))

I will probably cap out at 6 nichelings, so i'm not doing a million things at once
Thank you! :Eek:

also, i'm the type of person who gets scared of a green termite hill, so don't be surprised if i chicken out--

Nichelings-

Sunstroke
sunstroke.thumb.png.24b87812f48d57c90657d7a0ad446720.png

Koyo
image.thumb.png.580154d3029f046aa5642a1c8dfaca93.png

Ice-Eyes

Ice-Eyes.png.bd05d9162aba9db5a51cecd589d51606.png

Valentines

valentines.png.aacf57885fa7fac006b0113ed0a443a8.png

Emmai

emmai.png.a1a97ca6d0a9e9295ea6ef8555f29b6f.png

Shark

shark.png.f665c3dd68d792b3aa731fa852317097.png

• Love 1

Just now, SilverHowl said:

Sounds like I would love this! ❤️ maybe make a fisherman Nicheling? The Oasis is probably full of fish in its middle lake, so I’d want a wanderer with at least big ears, a claw and fishing tail for starters :) 

wait, so are you going to make a nicheling for it? Or should i make one based off your description? (sorry, i'm just kinda confused)

19 minutes ago, SilverHowl said:

I’ll just leave this here :) 

(which means yes you should make one based on what I said).

Here is the nicheling i've made for you- You can give him a different name, but i've just called him Sunstroke for the time being

image.thumb.png.47b4158e3ad9b5a46ecf31e6fb2a1034.png

41 minutes ago, SilverHowl said:

No way he’s exactly how I imagined!! Are you reading my mind!?!?! I wish him good luck there and hope he has a wonderful family to raise! :D 

i
i read this and i imagined him like this too

uhhhhhh--

Aaanyway
oasis playthrough XD

I remember i had a nicheling who was not at all suited to the environment, but she still did really well
if only i had a picture...

But she normal body (inactive water body), big nose (inactive normal snout), normal ears, antlers, claw, berry paw, swimmer tail, normal hind legs, normal blood clotting, normal fertility on both slots, yellow eyes (still don't know how she got those), and pattern c white stripes with beige and white fur. I dont know the density and thickness, but they were pretty small, but not tiny... really wish i took a picture.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CanDLinkZz said:

Aaanyway
oasis playthrough XD

I remember i had a nicheling who was not at all suited to the environment, but she still did really well
if only i had a picture...

But she normal body (inactive water body), big nose (inactive normal snout), normal ears, antlers, claw, berry paw, swimmer tail, normal hind legs, normal blood clotting, normal fertility on both slots, yellow eyes (still don't know how she got those), and pattern c white stripes with beige and white fur. I dont know the density and thickness, but they were pretty small, but not tiny... really wish i took a picture.

Does this look about right to you? Also, do you remember her name? She looks like a Buttermilk to me, but i'd rather use the name she had originally if you remember it :)

image.thumb.png.e90496af271c88daf20e8cf32a4ec8ff.png

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, berri said:

Does this look about right to you? Also, do you remember her name? She looks like a Buttermilk to me, but i'd rather use the name she had originally if you remember it :)

image.thumb.png.e90496af271c88daf20e8cf32a4ec8ff.png

YESS THAT LOOKS  EXACTLY LIKE HER XD

Her name was Koyo =^w^=

• Eek! 1

6 hours ago, berri said:

honestly i want to start this right now whilst i have the time but i should really wait for more nichelings 😅

Bucket to the rescue!

Ice-eyes
she/her
two gems (I'm not sure bout her age since the tribe had cutomized lifespans)
breed her all you want
A seer of the grey rabbil. Has an adopted big sister and lots of younger siblings. I think she'd enjoy the warmth

image.png.a3645c2003ea800995d57757bef8d3cc.png

• Eek! 1

10 hours ago, berri said:

Tell me their name,
Pronouns,
How many gems/specific age
If you're okay with me breeding them,
a bit about them,
and provide a reference pic (hopefully with the genes in the picture, and if there isn't, just tell me what pattern they have if you know :))

Valentines
He/Him
Adult
Breeding 👍

Valentines is the demigod child of two deities of beauty, so saying he prides appearance above all is an understatement. He's in love with love, and frankly would be up to anything if you said it lead to his soulmate- not that he thinks he has one. 

image.png.451520a3c1e510622643abdcca7f85cf.png

• Love 2

my very first tribe starting on the Oasis was where Emmai originated, so of course I have to do her! I'm so sorry for bringing in blindness and hemophilia—

Emmai
she/her
Adult/three gems
breeding, yes
Loves hunting a LOT, boisterous, motherly, kind like Thor in the Marvel movies?, overly protective, will not eat anything she has not killed herself
NicheEmmai.thumb.png.2088653c7cb2378b8efd41eae946cd96.png

• Paw up 1

Here, take Shark, literal god of the ocean

Shark

He/Him

Adult (three gems-I could only find this picture)

He's not great with kids, but he wouldn't mind having them, whatever helps the tribe

Likes the water too much, would probably spend all day sitting in the lake fishing, any gets hot? He shows up out of nowhere and shoves them in the water-

"Gotta stay cool-it's not my fault if you die of heatstroke."

1565709880_Sharkboi.png.b059adb5f33189169a2a4307bf1f58a5.png

OR

You can take this beautiful creature that I would die for

Zoxxi

Female-but goes by They/Them pronouns

Adult (Three gems)

You can breed them, but just a couple times, you'll see why

Love's the heat-sits out in the open basking in the sun for hours, like's water too, honestly scared by the idea of children, because of they're non-binary status, they'll do it if it helps the tribe though

1027175263_Screenshot(175).thumb.png.448600372f507484fc0746347a197733.png

Or you can take both if there's room-they both have useful traits for the oasis

• Paw up 1

4 hours ago, Sky said:

my very first tribe starting on the Oasis was where Emmai originated, so of course I have to do her! I'm so sorry for bringing in blindness and hemophilia—

Emmai
she/her
Adult/three gems
breeding, yes
Loves hunting a LOT, boisterous, motherly, kind like Thor in the Marvel movies?, overly protective, will not eat anything she has not killed herself
NicheEmmai.thumb.png.2088653c7cb2378b8efd41eae946cd96.png

Thank you- and also it's okay that you're bringing blindness and hemophilia in- it adds to the challenge also she's really cute how could i not-

• Eek! 1

4 hours ago, Clover said:

Here, take Shark, literal god of the ocean

Shark

He/Him

Adult (three gems-I could only find this picture)

He's not great with kids, but he wouldn't mind having them, whatever helps the tribe

Likes the water too much, would probably spend all day sitting in the lake fishing, any gets hot? He shows up out of nowhere and shoves them in the water-

"Gotta stay cool-it's not my fault if you die of heatstroke."

1565709880_Sharkboi.png.b059adb5f33189169a2a4307bf1f58a5.png

OR

You can take this beautiful creature that I would die for

Zoxxi

Female-but goes by They/Them pronouns

Adult (Three gems)

You can breed them, but just a couple times, you'll see why

Love's the heat-sits out in the open basking in the sun for hours, like's water too, honestly scared by the idea of children, because of they're non-binary status, they'll do it if it helps the tribe though

1027175263_Screenshot(175).thumb.png.448600372f507484fc0746347a197733.png

Or you can take both if there's room-they both have useful traits for the oasis

I would love to take both, but sadly there's only one more spot left- I think i'll take shark though, i think his water body will be useful, and how he shoves people into the water. also i'll be able to breed him with Buttermilk, as she has recessive water body (also her's and sunstroke's genes are randomized)

Thank you everyone for submitting your nichelings! They're all very cute!
I think i'll start this a bit later as i'm not on my comp with niche right now and also i don't really feel like it for the time being.
I hope you'll all enjoy my mediocre storytelling and hopefully there's no peta bears in the oasis hhhhhhhhhhh

• Paw up 1

image.thumb.png.105a4d181706e562abb6e790a51786af.png

image.png.fbb677fd7a62a98066a6bf7ac36e213c.png

Six Nichelings find themselves washed up in a desert Oasis.
Some of them are more suited to the climate than others.
As they were travelling over, they were hoping for something peaceful, and easy to live in.
They hadn't gotten what they had expected.
Their names are Shark, Sunstroke, Koyo, Emmai, Valentines and Ice-Eyes.
Shark and Ice-Eyes are excited for the warmth, as Ice-Eyes used to live in the mountains until she met the tribe.
Sunstroke figures he can help out by fishing.
Emmai is ready to go hunting. The rest of the tribe figure that she'll provide most of the food.
Koyo isn't so sure she wants to be here, but she figures she'll be okay for the long run.
Valentines is dreading the heat, but is hopeful that he'll finally be able to find his soulmate on the island.
Nobody knows what will happen, but they can only find out.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 2

image.thumb.png.5362e5a79905adb62c344d2bec3263a4.png

The first thing Shark does is jump straight into the water and cracks a seashell.
Koyo steps off the ports, mildly worried, and starts clearing the grass.
Ice-Eyes heads off the ports, soaking in the warm sun which she enjoys.
Sunstroke headed over to the lake, and found a big Clownkoi which he hopes to fish next turn.
Emmai is bugged that she couldn't find and food, and decides to just have some of the food she saved for the tribe before they crossed.
Valentine discovers a cactus, which he decides isn't very useful, and is going to go look for a potential soulmate.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

image.thumb.png.368b731a9ce529d739945f7b718265be.png

Emmai wants to try find some food, but she says "I can't smell a single living thing around!" She requests that Sunstroke come with her to look for more food, who agrees after scooping up some fish.
Koyo finds a bare berry bush, which she's happy about. She's glad to be able to feed the tribe.
Ice-Eyes headed over to the lake, where she called over shark, who promptly and happily jumps into the lake, splashing Ice-Eyes, who laughs.
Valentines is following Koyo, as he's unsure what to do or how to help. He hears shark calling him to come in the water, but in fear of drowning, he declines.

(Also can we talk about how good the savanna music is? YES PLEASE)

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

image.thumb.png.e7d384980e99eb91089a8dc409eeb726.png

Together, Sunstroke and Emmai catch a Clownkoi. They're both super happy, and Emmai is glad she's finally able to hunt something.
Shark is attempting to fish a Clownkoi too, but the fish keep avoiding his claw.
Valentines stumbles into another cactus, which he decides that he's enemies with cacti. He also thinks about breeding with Koyo, wondering if she would be his soulmate? After all, he did find a nest next to the cactus. What if it's a sign?
Meanwhile, Koyo and Ice-Eyes are collecting berries together and talking about the oasis. Koyo says that she wants to leave, maybe head to that green port with the skeletons. Ice-Eyes worries that it leads to a Deadly Hills, but Koyo thinks it leaves to a crossing. Koyo also notes that she saw some sort of jungle port and another savanna port.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

image.thumb.png.17dc9ac025ae32ace38208de3ae830d0.png

Emmai smelled a stagmole, and in her excitement scared it away. She snorted, and decided to keep looking for food. Sunstroke thinks that they're getting too far away from the rest of the tribe, but Emmai is too focused on hunting to notice.
Valentines asked Koyo if she wanted to breed, and Koyo agreed, because she wanted to help the tribe any way she could.
Ice-Eyes noticed that she had been left at the berry bush, and started to worry about a Bearyena appearing next to her without her noticing.
Shark is still trying to fish the abundance of clownkoi, but to no avail.

(I think i'll leave it off for now. I might continue later)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

image.thumb.png.ace9d2b3dbd3f104992e3a82d5451aa8.png7.thumb.png.6518ea46eddf85854caa9d0c5206a4ac.png

Koyo gives birth to a beautiful water-bodied baby boy whom she names Jasper, after seeing his striking yellow eyes.
Emmai and Sunstroke are beginning to get desperate. They haven't been able to catch anything, and the tribe is down to 9 food.
Valentines worries that the tribe won't be able to get enough food to feed poor Jasper.
Ice-Eyes is incredibly worried, but does the best she can, continuing to pick berries for the tribe.

(Also i accidentally bred Emmai and Sunstroke on this turn, but luckily it failed!)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

image.png.47a6346110539ff9ee17f1824fe957b6.png
Luckily, the whole tribe comes together around the lake, trying to fish as many Clownkoi as they could, and ended up gathering 11 food.
Emmai is incredibly happy, being able to supply most of the food.
Shark has decided that he's going to show little Jasper how to swim when the time comes.
Everyone's trying to do their part in gathering food, and Emmai is half hoping a Bearyena will come, so they could re-supply their food stocks.

• Like 3