Stray Fawn Community

petition to bring back defender bears

Sky

@Philo

Please bring back defender bears. Since people didn't like them before, I suggest: disable them for story mode. in sandbox they are available in the world settings to turn on and off. The option could even be automatically unchecked. Or perhaps some sort of changes can be made to the bears so they're more likeable. 

they were really fun sometimes. when the game is hard, it's fun! i had a father and son get killed by a defender bear once and it was sad but it made a cool story for the remaining family.

• Like 3
  • Paw up 6

On 8/9/2021 at 5:56 AM, Sky said:

Since people didn't like them before, I suggest: disable them for story mode. in sandbox they are available in the world settings to turn on and off. The option could even be automatically unchecked.

I'd be willing to live with this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eek! 1

7 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

What were defender bears? I don't think I was playing Niche in the period that they existed so I've only ever heard of them. What was their purpose and why did everyone hate them so much?

They attacked any nicheling that hunted and if the nicheling wasn't around, they'd hurt a different one. They were supposed to spare babies, but there was a bug that made them target them

• Eek! 1

12 hours ago, Moptimus Prime said:

They attacked any nicheling that hunted and if the nicheling wasn't around, they'd hurt a different one. They were supposed to spare babies, but there was a bug that made them target them

well just don't attack them and you're good then, right?

8 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

well just don't attack them and you're good then, right?

if you touched a rabbil within like 6 tiles of them they'd kill you...not so fun for your run-of-the-mill game but i think they're a great challenge when you want it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sky said:

if you touched a rabbil within like 6 tiles of them they'd kill you...not so fun for your run-of-the-mill game but i think they're a great challenge when you want it

Ah now I see why people hated them so much. Yeah it should be a sandbox setting lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

Ah now I see why people hated them so much. Yeah it should be a sandbox setting lol

i always liked the thrill of "oh SHOOT! THERE'S A BEAR!!! RUN AWAYYYY!!!!" after murdering a rabbil xD

• Haha 1
  • Eek! 1

On 8/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, Chiyanna said:

If I remember right, they would also attack you if you hit a rogue too

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 11:26 PM, SafiraCoyfolf said:

I think they would attack you if you attacked anything near them

I never dared to find out if attacking a berry bush counted

• Haha 2