Stray Fawn Community

My weird Pre update hiatus

Jojo

I have noticed in the past, that about a month (sometimes more, sometimes less) before an update I stop playing Niche because I am so excited about the soon to be added new stuff and all of the sudden the base game bores me ^^. I think I have entered my usual hiatus right about now. The urge to play Niche has disappeared oh the horror

Do you guys experience the same thing? Or do you just play through right until the update comes? :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jojo said:

I have noticed in the past, that about a month (sometimes more, sometimes less) before an update I stop playing Niche because I am so excited about the soon to be added new stuff and all of the sudden the base game bores me ^^. I think I have entered my usual hiatus right about now. The urge to play Niche has disappeared oh the horror

Do you guys experience the same thing? Or do you just play through right until the update comes? :D

My Niche addiction is near its peak right now, mostly because I'm testing out new islands and giving myself a little challenge. :D Take my Skittles Tribe or my new First Snow Tribe, for example. But I think I am under-reacting to the new update because now that I think about it, it's AWESOME!

• Like 2

All that time better spent studying has to go somewhere. Or maybe I just enjoy the thrill of crash learning. 😅

But I've been playing more Equillinox than Niche. My first attempt wasn't great in terms of altitude and attempting the lush biome without the reward from completing all missions was really not worth it. 

And then Steam magically subtracted multiple hours from all games. Finished 2 playthroughs in "4 minutes". Clearly, I'm a genius.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe I should try a challenge too, though I have Skyrim to play and it is not like I have a lot of free time with exams coming up ^^

Honestly I don't think a challenge would help. None sound interesting enough and my mind is already busy thinking about all the cool challenges we can make with the new update.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jojo said:

Maybe I should try a challenge too, though I have Skyrim to play and it is not like I have a lot of free time with exams coming up ^^

Honestly I don't think a challenge would help. None sound interesting enough and my mind is already busy thinking about all the cool challenges we can make with the new update.

See, I am still a noob so there are lots of things I haven't tried. Surviving First Snow is challenge enough for me! ^^

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 9:03 PM, RandomWanderer said:

All that time better spent studying has to go somewhere. Or maybe I just enjoy the thrill of crash learning. 😅

But I've been playing more Equillinox than Niche. My first attempt wasn't great in terms of altitude and attempting the lush biome without the reward from completing all missions was really not worth it. 

And then Steam magically subtracted multiple hours from all games. Finished 2 playthroughs in "4 minutes". Clearly, I'm a genius.

I got a bit bored of Equilinox... and JurassicWorld... and almost everything else... so now I'm just playing Niche....

• Like 3