Stray Fawn Community

Beat the heat?

Alfamangle

Okay so the air conditioner stopped working in my room, it's a holiday so the quickest a repair guy can get here is tomorrow and it's like 82 degrees up here and like 95 outside.

I don't have a cooling fan and I don't exactly wanna go downstairs to an air-conditioned room, then back up every 5 minutes, any tips on how not to get too hot while'st avoiding outside

Just now, Alfamangle said:

Okay so the air conditioner stopped working in my room, it's a holiday so the quickest a repair guy can get here is tomorrow and it's like 82 degrees up here and like 95 outside.

I don't have a cooling fan and I don't exactly wanna go downstairs to an air-conditioned room, then back up every 5 minutes, any tips on how not to get too hot while'st avoiding outside

Hmm ice water? Fun fact! I get dehydrated easily I’ve been to the hospital twice bc of that... 

2 minutes ago, Alfamangle said:

Why don't you want to go down? 

Just now, Renio2490 said:

I don't care

we have no sun
no sun
polar bears
chickadees
crows/ravens

Lovely, meanwhile in America I’m snuggled in a blanket burrito.

1 minute ago, coca cola said:

Why don't you want to go down? 

1. There's litterally nothing to do down there

2. I wish to spend today not bored as h e c

2 minutes ago, recalibrating spacecat.exe said:

Do you have ice-packs in the fridge? Wrapping them in towels can be nice

We do, but due to carpet, I can't have ice upstairs, I do have cold running water, does that also work?

2 minutes ago, Alfamangle said:

1. There's litterally nothing to do down there

2. I wish to spend today not bored as h e c

We do, but due to carpet, I can't have ice upstairs, I do have cold running water, does that also work?

Not long term unless you camp there or freeze it. Dehydration and air saturation are issues, though. What do I know. But if it's so hot you can't sleep you'll need ice

As far as I know, your head, ankles/feet and wrists are all very temperature sensitive.  If you put your feet in a bowl of ice water, or even put your wrists under cold water for a few minutes, it should keep you cool for a little while.

america:  worrying about staying cool

england: im literally under like 5 blankets on my sofa with my cat and my dressing gown on, heating nearly to max, and im still fRICKING FREEZING

in another topic, I just said its a lovely sunny day.

well, that doesn't mean its warm.

We had like 30 degrees celcius (86 fahrenheit) all summer last year and I don't have an air condition, we don't have air conditions in any room of our house and the sun shines into my window the whole midday. So I feel your pain, at least you can get your air con working soon.

• Like 1

Though nothing beats going to Dubai (it wasn't even summer when I was there) 40+ (104f) degrees every day. You literally felt like you were melting when you stepped outside. Not sure if we ever hit 50+ though when I was there. I don't think so. (Fun fact it was just at the time when Niche left early acces). The ocean was 36 (96) degrees on average.

• Eek! 1