Stray Fawn Community

Rambling

7 minutes ago, spacecat at random said:

I'd be cool if they would claim it and turn it into a permanent one at some point. Though that has too much potential for abuse

Cover the entire island in nests

• Haha 3
  • Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

Here's a little T H O N K.

Why don't rogue males mate with wanderers? Is it because their baby likely won't survive and thus they instead only aim for females in tribes? But different tribes have different rules, and as I've seen a lot of players do is kill the rogue babies. But wanderers aren't in tribes, and thus are less likely going to drown the little demons. Plus, wanderers can't attack rogue males. So they can easily just come back to mate every single time the wanderer is done taking care of a kiddo. I dunno.

• Like 3
  • Paw up 1

On 7/9/2019 at 4:02 AM, Yambo said:

Here's a little T H O N K.

Why don't rogue males mate with wanderers? Is it because their baby likely won't survive and thus they instead only aim for females in tribes? But different tribes have different rules, and as I've seen a lot of players do is kill the rogue babies. But wanderers aren't in tribes, and thus are less likely going to drown the little demons. Plus, wanderers can't attack rogue males. So they can easily just come back to mate every single time the wanderer is done taking care of a kiddo. I dunno.

Maybe it's due to the rouge tribe idea? That babies aren't really their objective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Magicmoonss said:

Maybe it's due to the rouge tribe idea? That babies aren't really their objective.

I wish there was a T H O N K emote now, for this specific reason.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

It's alive!

I'm reviving this topic right now, for this reason: Why can't blind tribe nichelings move? They can when they're wanderers, I've even seen a blind nicheling fly 8 blocks just to get at a root. Blind people aren't stuck in one place, so why blind tribe nichelings? I just had an extinction because a baby was blind. it's just not right.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Magicmoonss said:

It's alive!

I'm reviving this topic right now, for this reason: Why can't blind tribe nichelings move? They can when they're wanderers, I've even seen a blind nicheling fly 8 blocks just to get at a root. Blind people aren't stuck in one place, so why blind tribe nichelings? I just had an extinction because a baby was blind. it's just not right.

I agree! Animals who are blind don't sit around waiting for other animals to help them get around, they use their other senses to navigate, which would probably be even be stronger due to the lack of one sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The League of Nations said:

I agree! Animals who are blind don't sit around waiting for other animals to help them get around, they use their other senses to navigate, which would probably be even be stronger due to the lack of one sense.

Well thankfully in the game their other senses are stronger, it's just in the real world it would be harder for them to navigate.

• Like 2

Here’s an idea: a blind creature can move, but only one or two tiles at a time, no matter what their speed is, and only in scent or sound view, unless there’s another, not blind, creature nearby (to help guide them.)

• Like 2

Just now, The League of Nations said:

Here’s an idea: a blind creature can move, but only one or two tiles at a time, no matter what their speed is, and only in scent or sound view, unless there’s another, not blind, creature nearby (to help guide them.)

Here's the idea I had. It's kind of too long and complicated to put into one post.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, Magicmoonss said:

Why don't bearyenas have tails? Nichelings do, and the bearyena's genes code for a tail.

they probably do but it's like a bear tail so it's hard to see?

• Like 1

Why do wanderers, or rogues, never fight back?

Adam's family just kills the offending nicheling, so they don't seem to view tribes as one singular force of aggression?

It's just weird to send an one strenght nicheling to unlock claw on something 4x their attack. And it. Doesn't fight back... While that does make some sense in terms of gameplay and coding effort... how would you explain it as lore?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spacecat at 3.1 said:

Adam's family just kills the offending nicheling, so they don't seem to view tribes as one singular force of aggression?

It's just weird to send an one strenght nicheling to unlock claw on something 4x their attack. And it. Doesn't fight back... While that does make some sense in terms of gameplay and coding effort... how would you explain it as lore?

Maybe they aren't attacking in case other stronger nichelings of your tribe come, but if there are none it still wouldn't make much sense. Maybe the nichelings we control have some sort of gene that makes the nichelings they attack unable to attack them, and Adam's family has some sort of protection?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, spacecat at 3.1 said:

maybe because the wanderers are, you know, wanderers, but you have a whole tribe of nichelings you can send to attack them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

Do you think nichelings would be able to cry? Crying is a very human thing to do after all.

If I think they would be able to, yes, I wish all animals would cry, I wish they would all show emotions to where we could understand them besides body language...

1 minute ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

If I think they would be able to, yes, I wish all animals would cry, I wish they would all show emotions to where we could understand them besides body language...

That'd be nice

Guest SilverTheNicheling
4 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

What are killer bearyenas? Are they just stronger bearyena, or are they a different species entirely?

If they're close enough to bearyenas to be called a bearyena, why can't they be tamed?

Why can’t every species live a symbiotic relationship like friendly bearyenas and Nichelings?