Stray Fawn Community

Rambling

Just now, spacecat at random said:

My bad. I was just flying over comments. Could use some testing, though. But they might just live forever

That's what it seems like so far, I'll try and test it another time.

• Paw up 1

8 minutes ago, spacecat at random said:

They're oddly specific, after all. Like some rogue island escapees. Maybe they mate with everything on an island until only their kind is left

Most likely they were born rogues, but due to their appearance they decided to force mate, rather then try and impress females.

3 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

Most likely they were born rogues, but due to their appearance they decided to force mate, rather then try and impress females.

You'd think, but it has to be genetic, or more quasi-rogues would do the same. It's like they're a sub-branch that just happens to force-mate by effectiveness

• Like 1

You'd think, but it has to be genetic, or more quasi-rogues would do the same. It's like they're a sub-branch that just happens to force-mate...

Or the rogues whos appearance is like the rogue males, simply choose not to force mate. If that is true though, it would suggest a deep emotional intelligence, similar to humans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

Or the rogues whos appearance is like the rogue males, simply choose not to force mate. If that is true though, it would suggest a deep emotional intelligence, similar to humans.

Then their genes wouldn't be so inbred and doubled, though. There's just too many of them with too alike genetics. I don't know. They're one hopping continuity error, happenstance strategy or branch

• Like 1

Then their genes wouldn't be so inbred and doubled, though. There's just too many of them with too alike genetics

I've also seen quite a few rogues who have similar genetics. Maybe it's that nichelings have been plagued by deformities for so long, it's just common to have those genes.

I don't know. It doesn't seem too common. There are almost no wanderers with say, 6 fertility. It doesn't make sense where one group of nichelings ends, though, since they're all compatible. But lore-wise, they have to come from somewhere, where, at least at one point, their strategy thrived. Yet, they haven't attained world domination in other places. How is their constant invasion sustainable? Are there rogue females hidden away, never seen? 

(Goodnight for now, still. It's almost midnight here) 

• Like 1

I don't know. It doesn't seem too common. There are almost no wanderers with 6 fertility, though. They have some uncommon combinations. It doesn't make sense where one group of nichelings ends, since they're all compatible. But lore-wise, they have to come from somewhere, where, at least at one point, their strategy thrived. Yet, they haven't attained world domination in other places. How is their constant invasion sustainable? Are there rogue females hidden away, never seen? 

It seems like there is many secrets hidden beneath the surface of Niche. Perhaps there is a tribe made up of rogue males and females that we never get to see. Maybe the arrival of a new tribe on an island, makes most of the "rogue" tribe leaves.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

5 minutes ago, spacecat at random said:

I don't know. It doesn't seem too common. There are almost no wanderers with say, 6 fertility. It doesn't make sense where one group of nichelings ends, though, since they're all compatible. But lore-wise, they have to come from somewhere, where, at least at one point, their strategy thrived. Yet, they haven't attained world domination in other places. How is their constant invasion sustainable? Are there rogue females hidden away, never seen? 

(Goodnight for now, still. It's almost midnight here) 

Goodnight

• Thanks 1

How would the niche gems work in real life? Would the nichelings only have three actions every day, like in the tribe? Or would the gems just be for decoration like the rogues? Or would it just decrease over time, and recharge when they rest?

• Like 2

Just now, magnolia said:

I didn’t notice it either till someone pointed it out to me :0

That really is such an weird thing for them to be missing. The gems are what differentiate nichelings from anything else.

19 minutes ago, magnolia said:

Reminds me of the lore someone made up about the nicheling explorer creatures not having gems. 

What was that lore that someone made up, if you can remember it.