Stray Fawn Community

The Elementalists (RP) (8/8 Spots Filled [FULL])

Star Starless

Just now, Gaylord Star Starless said:

Otto smiled. He started drawing lines and shapes all over Cedar's arms until his arms looked like Otto's.

His eyes shimmered with joy and wonder, "How do you make it so cool and pretty???" He asked

11 minutes ago, Hover -Green- said:

His eyes shimmered with joy and wonder, "How do you make it so cool and pretty???" He asked

Otto shrugged. "I don't know, I just kind of let my mind wander and connect the lines and voila, fancy designs."

Just now, Hover -Green- said:

"No, no it's ok, you can't control it" 

"Thanks for not seeing me as this pathetic kid with lung problems like everyone else does." Otto said.

4 minutes ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

"Thanks for not seeing me as this pathetic kid with lung problems like everyone else does." Otto said.

"Thanks for not seeing me as a useless kid who can't even use his magic" He laughed. 

3 hours ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

Iris rested his head on his knees. “I just wish I knew what my past self knew. I used to be a water elementalist instead of fire, but how was I able to know how to use water and still learn fire? I’ve heard it’s near impossible to master more than one type of elemental magic. So why could I learn 2 different types. And what happened to my family? Did I have a family? Are they even still alive?” He let a tear slip down his cheek.

Vivus tilted her head and hugged him again

" Maybe they can... maybe it's just really really hard... maybe because they erased your memory of being a water elementalist, and it's something having to do with the mind... " 

3 minutes ago, xXxTheLivingDeadxXx said:

Vivus tilted her head and hugged him again

" Maybe they can... maybe it's just really really hard... maybe because they erased your memory of being a water elementalist, and it's something having to do with the mind... " 

Iris faltered. He rubbed his forehead and spaced out for a second. He remembered something, something from his childhood. "Vivus, I think I'm having a vision..." he blacked out.

16 minutes ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

Iris faltered. He rubbed his forehead and spaced out for a second. He remembered something, something from his childhood. "Vivus, I think I'm having a vision..." he blacked out.

Vivus's eyes widened

" Oh-"  she leaned him against the couch and wanted for him to come back... 

10 hours ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

It was a short vision this time. Iris was in his hologram-ish form drifting through the black abyss of his mind again. Here we go again. he thought. There was no glowing fire lady this time. Instead, the scene shifted to young Iris sitting in some formal office.

There was an older man sitting in a chair, with 4 different colored banners sitting behind him. Each banner had a different symbol stitched into the fabric, one was green with a mountain, one was blue with rolling ocean waves, one was red with a fire symbol, and the last one was purple with a wing design. The kingdom symbols. I'm back in the academy. What did young me do? "Iris, do you know why we called you here?" the man asked. Young Iris shook his head. The old man shook his head. "Iris, what do you know about ichor?" Young Iris rubbed his head. "Not much." he admitted. "I know its the source of all elemental magic in this world, and that everything in this world contains a small amount of ichor. But I don't really know how it influences elemental powers and magic." The man chuckled. "You're on the right path, Iris. I see you've been paying attention in class." young Iris beamed. Present-day Iris chuckled. Iris noticed a plaque on the old man's desk. The inscribe read 'Headmaster'. Oh wow, young me is getting a lecture from the headmaster... 

"Long ago, Iris, this world was run by beings so powerful our minds couldn't even begin to comprehend. The earth was their battlefield, reduced to ruin by their fights and wars. These supernatural beings were composed of pure energy, a substance called ichor." Young Iris nodded vigorously, clearly engrossed in what he was learning. Present-day Iris was too intrigued by what the headmaster was saying. "These beings usually got along well, until war broke out. The ruler of these beings, Basilias, the controller of the skies, was murdered in his sleep by his sister Fotia, the controller of fire and embodiment of destruction and chaos. She took the throne of these beings for herself and deposited her brother's body in the ocean of our world. She thought that his remains would sink to the bottom of the sea and decompose there. However, she was wrong. Her brother's ichor seeped into the ocean and spread throughout the world, affecting most things it touched, including humans. Pretty soon, people became aware of their ability to control the elements. Not everyone was able to, but those who were affected by a strong amount or concentration of ichor in their bloodstream were able to harness that energy and control a certain element."

Young Iris nodded, scribbling notes on his arm. "Eventually, the people with elemental powers, who dubbed themselves elementalists, decided to split apart into different territories based on their elements. The fire users went to the west, while the air users traveled northwest. The water users went south and the earth users went east. These territories became the kingdoms we know today. Any person with elemental abilities was forced to learn the element based on their heritage and kingdom to not disrupt the kingdom balance. Eventually, the powerful ichor beings went silent, and no one really knows what happened to them. However, we did discover that ichor affects people in different amounts. People with less ichor in their blood can't control their element as well as people with more ichor. Some people have even been rumored to have enough ichor in their blood to control more than one element, although that is extremely rare, and is forbidden as well."

The headmaster shuddered, and present-day Iris raised an eyebrow. Hold on... "Uh, this is really interesting Headmaster, but why are you telling me this?" young Iris asked. The headmaster chuckled and sighed. "Iris, you have shown exceptional skill in your elemental abilities. You are able to control water almost as well as the 5th years, and you've only been studying with us for 2 years." The headmaster's voice trailed off. "What are you trying to say, Headmaster?" Young Iris asked. "Are you going to put me in a higher grade level? I'm sure I can handle it but I'd prefer to say with my friends in my current year." Clingy like present-day me. Heh. Present-day Iris thought. The Headmaster smiled. "Although I'm sure you could handle it, I will keep you at your current year level for multiple reasons. However, Iris, there is a reason I told you that story. Iris, I believe you are one of those rare elementalists I was talking about. I believe that your skill level at such a young age can only be explained by a strong concentration of ichor. I believe, that it would be possible for you to learn to master two elements." Young Iris's eyes lit up, and hologram present-day Iris felt like he was going to be sick. 

That... makes a lot of sense, actually. he thought. The headmaster sighed. "Iris, I know this is exciting, but, I cannot allow you to learn another element besides fire. Its forbidden by ancient law. You are from the Water Kingdom, and therefore can only train in water magic." Present-day Iris could sense young Iris's disappointment. "But-" young Iris began, but the headmaster shot him a strong glare. "This is final Iris. I have chosen to inform you of this so you know why you are so powerful, but if you tell anyone or begin training behind my back, I will not hesitate to expel you. That is final." the Headmaster stood up and motioned towards the door. "You may leave now, I believe you're missing Healing 101 currently. Shoo shoo." the Headmaster pushed young Iris was outside. Young Iris sighed and walked down a corridor towards classrooms. Present-day Iris floated through a wall to follow his younger self. I can use 2 elements... it took a moment for his brain to process the conversation he had observed. He watched young Iris wipe tears from his eyes as he entered a classroom filled with medical supplies and a bunch of 10-year-olds clumped near a CPR dummy. Present Iris saw the floor starting to give way beneath his feet, and he was his body passed out on the couch. Great, this is going to be fun to explain to Vivus. He was swallowed up by the abyss and awoke back in his body with a jolt, startling Vivus.

(Oh wow this took an hour to write...)

• Eek! 1

7 hours ago, Hover -Green- said:

"Honestly, this isn't that bad, better than crying on the beach." He said, staring at the ceiling. 

Otto sat up, eyes wide. "Wait a second." He rummaged through one of his pockets and pulled out a black Sharpie and some sticky notes. He passed them to Cedar. "In case you want to doodle, you can decorate your cell with these."

3 minutes ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

Otto sat up, eyes wide. "Wait a second." He rummaged through one of his pockets and pulled out a black Sharpie and some sticky notes. He passed them to Cedar. "In case you want to doodle, you can decorate your cell with these."

He gasped, Drawing a flower then proceeding to stick the sticky note on Otto's head.

13 hours ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

It was a short vision this time. Iris was in his hologram-ish form drifting through the black abyss of his mind again. Here we go again. he thought. There was no glowing fire lady this time. Instead, the scene shifted to young Iris sitting in some formal office.

There was an older man sitting in a chair, with 4 different colored banners sitting behind him. Each banner had a different symbol stitched into the fabric, one was green with a mountain, one was blue with rolling ocean waves, one was red with a fire symbol, and the last one was purple with a wing design. The kingdom symbols. I'm back in the academy. What did young me do? "Iris, do you know why we called you here?" the man asked. Young Iris shook his head. The old man shook his head. "Iris, what do you know about ichor?" Young Iris rubbed his head. "Not much." he admitted. "I know its the source of all elemental magic in this world, and that everything in this world contains a small amount of ichor. But I don't really know how it influences elemental powers and magic." The man chuckled. "You're on the right path, Iris. I see you've been paying attention in class." young Iris beamed. Present-day Iris chuckled. Iris noticed a plaque on the old man's desk. The inscribe read 'Headmaster'. Oh wow, young me is getting a lecture from the headmaster... 

"Long ago, Iris, this world was run by beings so powerful our minds couldn't even begin to comprehend. The earth was their battlefield, reduced to ruin by their fights and wars. These supernatural beings were composed of pure energy, a substance called ichor." Young Iris nodded vigorously, clearly engrossed in what he was learning. Present-day Iris was too intrigued by what the headmaster was saying. "These beings usually got along well, until war broke out. The ruler of these beings, Basilias, the controller of the skies, was murdered in his sleep by his sister Fotia, the controller of fire and embodiment of destruction and chaos. She took the throne of these beings for herself and deposited her brother's body in the ocean of our world. She thought that his remains would sink to the bottom of the sea and decompose there. However, she was wrong. Her brother's ichor seeped into the ocean and spread throughout the world, affecting most things it touched, including humans. Pretty soon, people became aware of their ability to control the elements. Not everyone was able to, but those who were affected by a strong amount or concentration of ichor in their bloodstream were able to harness that energy and control a certain element."

Young Iris nodded, scribbling notes on his arm. "Eventually, the people with elemental powers, who dubbed themselves elementalists, decided to split apart into different territories based on their elements. The fire users went to the west, while the air users traveled northwest. The water users went south and the earth users went east. These territories became the kingdoms we know today. Any person with elemental abilities was forced to learn the element based on their heritage and kingdom to not disrupt the kingdom balance. Eventually, the powerful ichor beings went silent, and no one really knows what happened to them. However, we did discover that ichor affects people in different amounts. People with less ichor in their blood can't control their element as well as people with more ichor. Some people have even been rumored to have enough ichor in their blood to control more than one element, although that is extremely rare, and is forbidden as well."

The headmaster shuddered, and present-day Iris raised an eyebrow. Hold on... "Uh, this is really interesting Headmaster, but why are you telling me this?" young Iris asked. The headmaster chuckled and sighed. "Iris, you have shown exceptional skill in your elemental abilities. You are able to control water almost as well as the 5th years, and you've only been studying with us for 2 years." The headmaster's voice trailed off. "What are you trying to say, Headmaster?" Young Iris asked. "Are you going to put me in a higher grade level? I'm sure I can handle it but I'd prefer to say with my friends in my current year." Clingy like present-day me. Heh. Present-day Iris thought. The Headmaster smiled. "Although I'm sure you could handle it, I will keep you at your current year level for multiple reasons. However, Iris, there is a reason I told you that story. Iris, I believe you are one of those rare elementalists I was talking about. I believe that your skill level at such a young age can only be explained by a strong concentration of ichor. I believe, that it would be possible for you to learn to master two elements." Young Iris's eyes lit up, and hologram present-day Iris felt like he was going to be sick. 

That... makes a lot of sense, actually. he thought. The headmaster sighed. "Iris, I know this is exciting, but, I cannot allow you to learn another element besides fire. Its forbidden by ancient law. You are from the Water Kingdom, and therefore can only train in water magic." Present-day Iris could sense young Iris's disappointment. "But-" young Iris began, but the headmaster shot him a strong glare. "This is final Iris. I have chosen to inform you of this so you know why you are so powerful, but if you tell anyone or begin training behind my back, I will not hesitate to expel you. That is final." the Headmaster stood up and motioned towards the door. "You may leave now, I believe you're missing Healing 101 currently. Shoo shoo." the Headmaster pushed young Iris was outside. Young Iris sighed and walked down a corridor towards classrooms. Present-day Iris floated through a wall to follow his younger self. I can use 2 elements... it took a moment for his brain to process the conversation he had observed. He watched young Iris wipe tears from his eyes as he entered a classroom filled with medical supplies and a bunch of 10-year-olds clumped near a CPR dummy. Present Iris saw the floor starting to give way beneath his feet, and he was his body passed out on the couch. Great, this is going to be fun to explain to Vivus. He was swallowed up by the abyss and awoke back in his body with a jolt, startling Vivus.

(Oh wow this took an hour to write...)

Vivus gasped "That was longer than usual... what happened- no no-you don't have to tell me!" She said, making sure he was okay.